Chartreuse or True Chartreuse?

BlahWah

I found 1 swatch picture which showed the difference between the two, but for the most part I could only figure out that one has shimmer and the other is matte. For those of you who have both, or chose one over the other, what's the difference between them, and why do you love them/it (i.e. what do you pair it with/how do you use it)?

TIA!
winks.gif

GlamYOURUs

Chartreuse has the shimmer and True Chartreuse is matte.
I like both but I prefer the one with shimmer, its sooo pretty! I like to pair it with golds, pinks, corals, and browns. =) hth!

MACATTAK

I love Chartreuse because I prefer shimmer finishes. You can pair it with anything..other greens, pinks, browns etc.

MAC_Whore

Aside from the obvious frost/matte differences, True Chartreuse is more yellow. It looks like a true chartreuse (thus the name "True Chartreuse" I guess), whereas Chartreuse looks more like a regular light green. Did that make sense?

BlahWah

Thanks everyone! And yes, MAC_Whore, that does make sense. I take it then that Chartreuse would fall along the same lines as Bitter, Overgrown, Eyepopping and Pagan? I only have Overgrown but don't want to duplicate it too much (with the exception of finding Pagan!).

I guess if I have Overgrown I should get True Chartreuse then?

MAC_Whore

Diclaimer: My photography skills totally suck. Sooo, here is my attempt at helping you.
winks.gif

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Chartreuse (L) and True Chartreuse (R)
IMG_1174-1.jpg

True Chartreuse on L and Chartreuse on R (on NW25)
IMG_1178.jpg

Despite what the pics show, True Chartreuse is closest to Overgrown. It is kind of between Bitter (reg line) and Overgrown (LE). The diff being that True Chartreuse gives a bit more colour payoff as it is matte and Overgrown shows a bit of sparkle with it's Satin formula. Honestly, Overgrown is prettier, so I think you are safe.
smiles.gif

shootergirlnc

For me, I personally feel that Chartreuse is easier to blend than True Charteuse. Then again, I feel that way about most matte pigments.

BlahWah

MAC_Whore you are the absolute best! Pictures which give great comparisons and make me totally drool over these shadows... it's almost making me want to get them all anyway!
th_drool.gif

I thought True Chartreuse would have more yellow than Overgrown, but I'm glad I have the prettier one, lol. I'll get Chartreuse then, and hold off on the True version till I'm better with mattes.

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts