Cheerleading Makeup

pink4ever

Hey girls!
Well I have a bit of a problem. I've done make-up for sweet 16's, brides, parties, and even pageants but never cheerleading competitions! A couple of girls in a competition cheer group hired me to do their makeup, but I have no idea what cheer makeup is supposed to look like...lots of glitter and bright colors? Anyone's help would be amazing! Thanks
yes.gif

xphoenix06

Maybe they would like to have their eyeshadow match their schools'/ teams offical colors? You should ask the cheerleaders on what they would want for the competition. Sorry if this doesn't help.

limararwot

The type of makeup you do will depend on whether or not they will be performing at a school event of at a competition. Most likely they're hiring a makeup artist for competition. For competition, don't be afraid to use glitter. What color eyeshadows and glitters used usually revolve around their school's colors. If they're just getting their makeup done for a school event, the eyes won't be as crazy. I'd recommend a neutral eye with maybe some colored mascara matching their school colors for a nice pop of color.

However, don't be afraid to ask the girls what they want done. Not every team does their makeup the same exact way.

Modmom

Just my two cents, but I think their coach would want them to be somewhat uniform for competition. So if you only glitter up a couple of them and the rest have their own makeup (without glitter) it can be a distraction and not work positively in their favor as a team. Make sure they have instructions from the coach what to wear/not wear.
Good luck!

limararwot

Sorry if that last statement was confusing. When I said you should ask the girls what they want done, I meant as a team. I'm sure that either the coaches, team captains, or even both have a rough idea of what they want. You would most definitely want to do the same look on all the girls, for competition and normal school events.

pink4ever

The girls told me they can wear their makeup however they please, but it must have blue in some way. Apparentely a lot of girls have an individual or group MUA to do their faces. Their colors are Red, Navy Blue and White. They basically told me to do whatever I want and just incorporate blue
so I'm stuck because I don't usually go to cheer competitions or anything but all I know is each girl is going to have blue something on their faces...

limararwot

One combination you could use is a nice white eyeshadow on the lid with a glitter like mac reflects transparent teal on top, blue in the crease, and red lips.

Another one might be a white eyeshadow on the lid with mac reflects transparent teal on top, a brown in the crease for a little bit of definition, a bold blue cat eye (with or without blue glitter on top), and red lips.

I have a friend whose high school's colors were white and blue and they used a look very similar to the second combination. However, theirs differed in that instead of a white eyeshadow on the lid, they used something similar to mac 3d glitter (but whiter) on the lid and followed the shape of the cat eye liner.

Latest posts