• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Cleanser: Pro Eye Makeup Remover

Endit

Overall Rating: 1
Price: 3
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again?: No

While I originally loved this eye makeup remover and was raving about it, I hate it now! It didn't sting my eyes at first, but now it's starting to sting the area around my eye and although I don't think the stinging is as bad as everybody claims it to be, it still shouldn't do that at all. It's not an oily product and doesn't leave my eyes sticky, but it does sort of leave the skin near my eyes odd feeling after using it. I would never use this alone and not rinse my eyes after using it like MAC suggests you can do. Oh yeah, this does sort of foam if you rub it hard enough. Speaking of rubbing, you have to really scrub at your eyes to get things off since the power of this remover is horrible. I've tried putting it on a q-tip, a cotton pad like they suggest, and my fingers, but nothing is working and scrubbing your eyes isn't the safest thing to do. I only wear eyeliner (kohls) and go through all this hassle to remove them! I can't imagine what it would be like if I chose a waterproof eyeliner, but I can imagine how much this product would suck at removing them. The packing is really great though. It resembles an eye dropper and you won't be wasting with this. The style top is ideal for q-tips, but the drops that shoot out soak q-tips way to much and although it's good for that, you still have to use a lot for a cotton pad and even more since 1 q-tip or cotton pad won't clean everything off. In this sense, the eye dropper top is meaningless since you use lots of product anyways. I can't believe that MAC, or any company, even released this stuff! I like MAC, but this is a horrible product. It may be labeled pro, but only pro's probably know how to use it. I will NEVER repurchase this again unless MAC reformulates it and this is so far from HG status that it's obscene.

UPDATE: Works great on sweaty/oily skin, so maybe all of you have oily skin may love this.

Juneplum

Packaging Quality: 3
Would you buy this product again?: NO WAY

ITA with EVERYTHING said above and WISH I had read this review before trying this. I got it in the try on pack with the makeup wipes, and moisture feed cream. This is an awful makuep remover. Apart from the fact that it takes FOREVER to remove product because the formula seems to be very weak, it STUNG like WHAT when I used it.. Seriously, my eyes burned and turned red.. I had to wash it off completely.. I don't have sensitive skin so it couldn't be that.. Whatever, I won't be using it again... ever..

kimk

Have to agree with the reviews of this stuff!

Overall rating - 0

I, too, got this in a tryit pack and while I LOVE the face cream, I absolutely hate this stuff! It takes forever to get makeup off, and it stings my eyes like mad! I've never had an eyemakeup remover do that before.

SO disappointed in this stuff.... Wish MAC would make it's own version of Lancome's BiFacil - I like that a lot, except for the )_%(@)_! Lancome scent that it has!

Kim

mrstucker

I wonder if I'm the only one who likes this? Maybe my skin isn't as sensitive...but I think it's great. However, for price, I also really like the Rimmel remover - cheap, and works just as well. But if I'm going to spend, nothing beats Lancome's BiFacil (although I don't mind the smell!).

Leanne

queenofdisaster

Overall Rating=0

I COMPLETELY AGREE... It stings. I use it to clean the outside of my m/u containers when they get dirty from the inside of my makeup bag. Definitely doesn't go anywhere near my eyes!! HEHEHE!

lara

Overall Rating: 4
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again?: Yes.

From the sound of other reviews, this is perhaps not a great consumer product. It is, however, absolutely indespensible in a working make-up kit. It's ideal for dropping on a cotton-tip and quickly removing excess product, removing mascara from lashes and other instant touch-up cleaning. The cleaning agent is reasonably strong; although the only time I've had complaints of stinging from models is when they've scrubbed at or irritated the skin around the eyes prior to me working on them.

The packaging is strong, sturdy and can handle being dropped. The dispensing tip has a slow-to-moderate flow, and doesn't come unscrewed during transport.

For consumers who want an eye make-up remover from the MAC range, I'd suggest the multipurpose Cleanse-Off Oil.

nup

Overall Rating: 2
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again?: No.

Although I find that it removes face make up, I don't think it is very helpfull in the eye area. From the first use I found that it stings so bad it is simply unbearable for me. Somehow I ended up with two bottles of this (don't ask!) and I am using it to remove make up from my face. I won't be buying it again, there's cleanse off oil anyways...

Bgirl17lovesMAC

Overall Rating: 3

It has been working fine in my opinion, I don't have any reactions of any sort. I don't think it's too bad..

sparklingmuse

Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again?: HELL NO!

i agree with the first responce. i hate this stuff! its made for the eyes and it makes me cry. it stings and hurts them so bad! never buying this again. and im j ust gonna b2m the entire bottle. i bought it at a cco awhile ago so i cant return.

Lottascarlatta

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 2
Average care product for everyday use. not oily and not too much alcohol. It works pretty fast and lasts. The price is a bit too harsh on the wallet though.