Clueless MA....

lah_knee

i'm pretty sure she was new... i'd give her a break... im sure shes not a mac fiend who comes online to find any and all information on mac. so if shes new, shes gotta remember and learn things herself.

Sanne

I had that too once!!!
he was a bit clueless, but he was nice so I didn't care, and I didn't say anything about it to him. but when I asked for pink bronze p/m and he called it pink orange or something, and he repeated the pink orange thing 3 times, I HAD to tell him that it was pink bronze...

Jude

Yeah… seems like she is new. Even if she is given a rundown of the products, I think it could be overwhelming to attempt to grasp the entire scope of the product line at first. I am sure that she will get it all in time. =)

User20

Yeah, as above, probably a new MA. I remember one MA at my counter when she was new - absolutely clueless. Spent almost 10 minutes looking for stuff. I felt really bad for her.

joytheobscure

Why would they hire non mac addicts ? There are so many, lol!! I hope she catches on quickly and becomes one of "us."

CaliKris

I had a new girl once. She was too cute. She told me flat out "I'm new here, bare with me please" Now when I see her, shes all over the store helping the "new girls"! =]

lah_knee

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
Why would they hire non mac addicts ? There are so many, lol!! I hope she catches on quickly and becomes one of "us."

ha well my best friend works for mac and she definately isnt an addict. i know about stuff before she does because of sites like this. and when she does find out about stuff she isnt all excited. she hardly EVER goes shopping for mac stuff. she just uses what they give her in gratis... or she makes samples at work just to use while the new collection is out. but she always keeps it real with me and lets me know if something is worth buying or not. heh
smiles.gif
i just a lott of mac workers arent addicts...

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanahla
Yeah, as above, probably a new MA. I remember one MA at my counter when she was new - absolutely clueless. Spent almost 10 minutes looking for stuff. I felt really bad for her.

Aww, poor girl. They prolly didn't tell her where anything was.

Sometimes co-workers like to move stuff around on your day off!
lol.gif
The other day I spent 10 minutes looking for the Prep & Prime. I'm sure it will be in a different drawer when I get back.

Jen1234

Half the people at my counter know nothing about MAC, and they're not new. I know sales is really a tough field but at the same time there are so many knowledgable people who would love to work at MAC so I don't really get it.

beautifulxdisaster

aww she'll get the hang of it soon! was it a counter? I hear sometimes when you apply at nordstroms mu or something they just stick you on a mu counter.

iiifugaziii

IF i get lucky enough to get hired for MAC, then I feel like this is going to happen to me. There's going to be a girl who knows more than me, and is going to think I'm a complete idiot when I don't know exactly what she's talking about right off the bat.
oh.gif
ops:
I hear when you first get hired, you don't go to your basic training until a month or two afterwards. They sort of just stick you out there on the floor and you gotta learn your own way around.
So keep in mind some of those girls may not know as much as you and give em a break. instead of thinking their dumb, be their mentor and teach them a little somethin 8)

LRMakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
aww she'll get the hang of it soon! was it a counter? I hear sometimes when you apply at nordstroms mu or something they just stick you on a mu counter.

no it was at the actual store.. she was really nice though so i didnt care how long it took

samtaro

I always hate when that happens, it seems like some of us know more about the MAC products then the employees do...it's frustrating!

Latest posts