Concealer Problem

pennybeau

I bought some Boi-ing concealer by Benefit Cosmetics; I wanted to cover up some of my freckles, dark spots my foundation doesn't seem to get, or little cuts from shaving.

When I try to put it on BEFORE foundation I end up rubbing it out with my brush.

If I apply AFTER it looks to cakey and I end up having to blend it out, and whatever I'm trying to conceal shows through.

My question is: How do you apply concealer, and what do you do to maximize it's covering potential?

elektra513

I think applying concealer after foundation without it caking is tricky if you don't have the right tools. I was using my fingers for a while because it helped to warm the concealer (I was using Studio Finish), but it didn't last and was sometimes applied unevenly. Once I started using a brush I could start out with a teeny amount and pat it on in a stippling motion and apply what I needed. For blending I just blend the edges, not the whole concealed area (if you apply a small amount and build up from there, blending will be easier). I use a generic Target brush right now and it's ok, but am looking for a smaller, denser brush (like the 194) to replace it.

HTH

Dreamergirl3

for hard to blend concealers I like to add a teeny amount of my liquid foundation to it on my fingers or back of my hand. Add just enough foundation to make the concealer creamier or more blendable, and apply
hth!

pennybeau

Thanks guys!

I went out and bought some cheap concealer brushes at CVS, hopefully they'll make a difference. :]

kimmy

sonia kashuk makes the most awesome concealer brush ever in the history of the world!

pennybeau

I have some sonia kashuk eyeshadow brushes that I like a lot; but I just kind of recently had this obsession with concealer, but I'll have to stop by Target and check them out. :]

Thanks!

wifey806

and apply it in layers! if u have a translucent, light weight setting powder (ie dermablend, mineral veil, mac pro colorless, ben nye...) set each layer of concealer! think of it like layers of a cake
smiles.gif
frosting/cake/frosting/cake til u get what u like.

mmmmm caaakeeee....
winkiss.gif

righteothen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
and apply it in layers! if u have a translucent, light weight setting powder (ie dermablend, mineral veil, mac pro colorless, ben nye...) set each layer of concealer! think of it like layers of a cake
smiles.gif
frosting/cake/frosting/cake til u get what u like.

mmmmm caaakeeee....
winkiss.gif

mmmmmm caaaakkkkkeeeeee

Setting concealer is a very good idea. Just make sure not to add too much powder, or you can cause caking (in a bad way).

macchristyy

i use a fluffy eyeshadow blending brush to blend in my concealer. i use MACs studio moisture cover. LOVE IT! i dont really use a concealer brush because i find it to be more streaky and it doesnt blend well..

but thats just me! you should try different brushes till you find one that is just right

Latest posts