Confused about Blush

Eyelashwishes

I was just wondering if someone could clarify something for me.
How do you know which blush to use.....does it depend on your eyeshadow? or just whatever look you want? for some reason i jsut cannot figure this one out. if someone could help me that would be great.....thanks!

berri_yumz

I pretty much *always* wear a blush. What color generally depends on what look I'm going for or what other colors I've used. Cool toned eyeshadow calls for cool pinky tones, like Pink Swoon. If I have warmer eyeshadow, like browns, I prefer a warmer, peachy blush, like NARS orgasm or MAC margin. If I'm going for a bronzey look, I'll just wear bronzer. I also try to coordinate my blush with my lipcolor. I won't wear a peachy color with a very pink lip or vice versa.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by berri_yumz
I pretty much *always* wear a blush. What color generally depends on what look I'm going for or what other colors I've used. Cool toned eyeshadow calls for cool pinky tones, like Pink Swoon. If I have warmer eyeshadow, like browns, I prefer a warmer, peachy blush, like NARS orgasm or MAC margin. If I'm going for a bronzey look, I'll just wear bronzer. I also try to coordinate my blush with my lipcolor. I won't wear a peachy color with a very pink lip or vice versa.

iagree.gif

aimee

Quote:

yes.gif
ditto thats exactly how i do it
yes.gif

FiestyFemme

I try to keep it in the same color family (ie. warm blush with warm shadows, cool with cool, etc.).
However, I think it is good to play around because there are exceptions.
I love bright pink cheeks and lips with a bronzey eye, for example.

Patricia

Quote:

totally agree! perfect explanation hun
thmbup.gif

i use

cool: chanel's caprice
warm: margin, springsheen
bronzey: sunbasque, smooth harmony

erine1881

i coordinate my blush with my shadows as well. if i'm wearing earthtone shadows such as browns, olives or tans, i'll wear a peachy blush. if i wear blues or purples, i'll wear a pink blush. if i wear teals, turquoises or brighter greens, i'll wear a corally blush. and i too coordinate my lips with these colors as well. peachy gloss with peachy blush, pinks with pinks, corals with corals.

Eyelashwishes

well this has been very helpful to me, thankyou for all your replies.

what if you are wearing pink eyeshadow....such as expensive pink....what kind of blush would go with that nicely? i dont wanna go overboard pink all over my face haha....thanks again!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyelashwishes
well this has been very helpful to me, thankyou for all your replies.

what if you are wearing pink eyeshadow....such as expensive pink....what kind of blush would go with that nicely? i dont wanna go overboard pink all over my face haha....thanks again!

since expensive pink turns more gold on me, i wear it with peach blush. even if you wore pink shadow, pink blush and pink lips, as long as you aren't in the exact same shade of pink, you'll be fine. you wanna mix it up with different shades of pink in the same color family.

User49

If you want a good one and your light skinned go for tenderling. If your medium go for gingerly or brit wit. if your dark skinned try harmony! These were the guides they gave me on my basic training. But generally just tie it in to the entire look your making. If you want a harmonious look try using one colour throughout your whole face but using tints/tones/shades of it. If you want a more striking look go for something a bit more bold! :0)

Mizz.Yasmine

my blush shade=my mood, since my eyes are always done in neutrals i can wear any shade
smiles.gif

for glam/girly-dollymix
natural pretty-blunt to contour
broney goddess-sunbasque
fresh bright face-peaches

Beauty Mark

I try to keep a color balance on my face. I normally wear blush, but it depends on how much else is going on. If I want the focus to be my eyes or lips, for instance, I won't wear a bright or terribly sparkly blush.

IMO, if the blush is going to clash with your makeup, it's probably too much. It's supposed to give you a healthy, natural flush, and my natural cheek color doesn't really clash with red lipstick

RandomnessWithK

great thread! i've always been a blush fan - but just never knew what to wear with what! this has been what i have been doing - but explained! thanks for this!

jazmatazz

I think of it as if I am playing up the eyes I don't want a super bright blush going on. This is when I'll go for a neutral color. If I don't have too much going on on the eyes or lips I can play up the blush color.

Also try to stay in the same color family as other mentioned. I'm still working on it but when it doubt a neutral color will always go
smiles.gif

Latest posts