Copper Metal

mandirigma

A couple of quick questions:

1) Is Copper Metal one of the pigments that settle like the mattes so that it's not filled to the top?

2) Just to verify, are all MAC returns tossed?

I ordered one of these from the LA pro store to make sure I got one before it's discontinued. I just got it today and it looks like they gave me one from an old batch and there was product in the threads of the cap (but it wasn't all over the box or anything). I don't have time to drive all the way up to LA to return or exchange it. I just wanna be sure they didn't give me something that's already been exchanged by somebody else.

Shawna

That's exactly what the metal pigments look like. They are such a fine powder that they do that, and they only look half full.

ladybugz07

1) yes
2) yes

That's just the way the metallic piggies are...
greengrin.gif

mandirigma

i don't own copper sparkle, so i don't really know, but i opted to get copper metal instead of copper sparkle because from what i've seen it's not as chunky. and i'm not really into glitter or sparkle, and copper metal is more of a solid metallic color.

VuittonVictim did a great swatch of copper metal here (which convinced me to get it, lol):

http://specktra.net/forum/gallery/showimage.php?i=3867

user2

NP but be sure not to breathe around an open jar of metal pigments because they'll fly all over and you can't get them off....I still have that problem with one of my 15 pan-palettes!

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
is the copper metal a lot like Copper Sparkle? or prettier?! lol

A swatch especially for you babe! :

CopperSparklevsCopper.jpg

sigwing

Wow...now I'm in love with the Copper Metal! Is it still available? I didn't remember it.

mandirigma

my bad if it isn't... i read somewhere about it possibly being discontinued, and i can't see it at all on the MAC Pro site, but i don't know if it's just one of those glitches again.

MACGoddess

Hmmm... It might be a glitch. When I pull up the MAC pro site and go to the pigments section it is sitting there pretty as can be!

I think I'll just buy all of the Metals ASAP just in case though!!

cloverette

someone help me please! i can't find it on the PRO site under pigments. is it a glitter? cause there is a copper glitter.

moonrevel

When I was at the SF Pro store last summer, the MA there urged me to get the metal pigments if I wanted them because they were going to be discontinued, but they still haven't been, so I don't know what's up. Maybe it's just another thing like Chrome Yellow which everyone was *certain* would be discontinued, and it hasn't been. Once a discontinued rumor gets started, it never stops!

mandirigma

LOL WTH? Copper wasn't there when *I* searched the site and looked through the pigments over and over again, but it shows up through that link. I'm kinda grumpy now cause I coulda waited til I went to Vegas and not paid the stupid shipping fee =( oh well.

it's still pretty anyway.

cloverette

haha, i just went & bought it, just in case it is going to be discontinued soon. so pretty! but yeah, mine's also only half full & looks like it has been used.

Latest posts