Copper,Platinum & Gold metal and Basic Red Pigment Questions---VERY confused

koolmnbv

OK I have noticed people (MACGoddess as of recent) have paid BIG money for full sized copper and brass and bronze full size pigments. Now I noticed her post on her beautiful pigments the other day so I wanted to start searching for these as well.

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=49549

Soooo I was on MACPRO.com tonight and I noticed they had Gold,Platinum,Rose Gold, and Brass metal pigments on the website for sale for normal retail price. Now I know they didnt have bronze or brass but what is the difference in the ones listed on the macpro.com right now and the pigments ppl pay such big $$$ for??? Are the other ones a different finish or what is the deal I kinda don't get it.

I understand the difference between copper sparkle and copper etc but what is the difference in all the older copper compared to the metal one now.

My 2nd q is I hear ppl complaining about MAC not making a true red pigment ,
but again I was on macpro.com and I saw basic red pigment for sale (color description said True Bluish Red -matte) now is that not a true red? Or do ppl not see it around as much bcause you have to order it from macpro?

Here is a link so that you can see the colors I am talking about:

http://www.macpro.com/templates/prod..._ID=PROD1 519

K thx please help me understand whats up with all this! Very confused
Thx

Henna_Spirit

I think the reason why peeps might be complaining about mac not making a good red piggy is because the basic red matter pigment isn't eye save, and thats something that annoys me as i use red alot
smiles.gif

cutandrun

I think I can help you with the first question. The difference between the old d/c gold, copper pigments etc. and the new 'metal' ones is that the old ones weren't truly 'metallic', whereas the new ones are. I found a link on livejournal which has swatches of the old pigments, d/c gold and silver: http://community.livejournal.com/mac.../14488117.html

Credit to user not_charming, who I think is bellaetoile on here. (Sorry, hope you don't mind me linking to your post!)

As you can see, the disc. gold pig is more like golden lemon, whilst the current gold metal pig is more like 24k gold on the eyes. The d/c silver pigment was actually more like a gunmetal, dark grey, but the silver metal now is definitely a true silver, also more metallic than the old d/c version. I'm not sure about the basic red pig, but I hope I helped answer the first part of your question.
greengrin.gif

Juneplum

exactly! the older ones imho are very expensive when u find them now.. i'm lucky to have gotten 2 of mine from my ma as an raok.. the older ones are gorgeous and are very rare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutandrun
I think I can help you with the first question. The difference between the old d/c gold, copper pigments etc. and the new 'metal' ones is that the old ones weren't truly 'metallic', whereas the new ones are. I found a link on livejournal which has swatches of the old pigments, d/c gold and silver: http://community.livejournal.com/mac.../14488117.html

Credit to user not_charming, who I think is bellaetoile on here. (Sorry, hope you don't mind me linking to your post!)

As you can see, the disc. gold pig is more like golden lemon, whilst the current gold metal pig is more like 24k gold on the eyes. The d/c silver pigment was actually more like a gunmetal, dark grey, but the silver metal now is definitely a true silver, also more metallic than the old d/c version. I'm not sure about the basic red pig, but I hope I helped answer the first part of your question.
greengrin.gif

cloverette

the old pigments are rare (and beautiful), that's why they can't be found for a low price.

i think what people mean by a true red pigment is one that's a bit darker (closer to wine/blood color) and non-matte... at least, that's what i understood from their posts. and basic red is kinda bright.

Latest posts