Could use some good vibes...

MzzRach

Jessica wanted to thank you all for your good wishes and prayers (I took this photo this morning):

jessica1-vi.jpg

Her recovery is going well so far, thank you again for all your kindness.

ilexica

Gosh, what incredibly tough news. It's so hard when furbabies are sick
ssad.gif
Sending you and her lots of well-wishes for a speedy recovery!

LMD84

'furbabies'! i love that word!
smiles.gif

i'm so pleased Jessica is now on the mend and back home. she'll be much more comfortable in her own surroundings!

Shanti

So sorry to hear
ssad.gif
I hope that your cat won't go through too much pain. I know it's terribly sad to lose loved ones, be it pets or family members, especially through a terminal illness.
Just last Saturday we had to put our dog to sleep because he had cancer, and he was only 10 years old. It was heartbreaking but there was no other choice.
Hopefully your cat will live longer though.
*hug*

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Rachel, how is Jessica going? Hope everything is fine with her!

yes i'd love to know!
smiles.gif
i hope she's healing well
smiles.gif

MzzRach

Hey all - Jessica is doing well and is recovering well from her surgery. Cats are such amazing creatures. She sees the vet again this Sunday and more blood work will be done. I don't know what the future holds, but hopefully we can manage things and Jessica has a good amount of time left in this world. She and her sister Maya, have brought me nothing but joy.

I appreciate everyone's good thoughts so much. I'll keep you updated.
heart.gif

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I received some bad news today. I took my two cats (who are like my kids to me) in for their annual checkup (my vet works from Sunday through Wednesday - I love my local animal hospital) and she noticed that Jessica's spleen was enlarged. My other cat Maya checked out totally normal, thankfully.

After doing an ultrasound on Jessica, and seeing that her spleen is totally enlarged (not good) she aspirated and did blood testing/staining straightaway to get a diagnosis.

Jessica has what is called a Splenic Mast Cell Tumor. She has cancer, I am just devastated. She is going in for surgery first thing tomorrow to have her spleen removed. The good news is, we caught this early, Jessica has not even been sick - her appetite and energy have been normal. My vet thinks that she could maybe still live 3-5 years. So the prognosis is good, but we of course will not know until after she has had surgery.

I am still in a bit of shock. Cancer took my mother from me almost 2 years ago, and now one of my girls has it. I am going to fight this tooth and nail. But I feel like my heart is breaking at the moment. Going to take it day by day.

Positive vibes and prayers, if you pray, are appreciated.

You're a great kitty mama. It's wonderful that you get their regular checkup. It's not exactly like she can come to you and say "uhh yeah so I've been feeling a little under the weather lately and I need a vet appointment..." She wasn't exhibiting any signs of being ill so you caught it really, REALLY damn early. Sending positive vibes your way sweetie. Too bad a lot of people are not as proactive as you.

Novavelle

my prayer's are with you! I've loved animal's all my life and used to work with them before becoming a mom, and cant wait to get back to it, but I've seen lot's of kitty's with cancer and lot's of them went on to live healthy happy normal lives, so I have all the faith in the world she'll do the same, but will be praying for her none the less, I know how much our animal's can mean to us, they're our kid's, and I hope that everything goes great for you and jessica
smiles.gif
keep us all posted!

Latest posts