Counterfeit guide for Lipglass

marusia

First off, this is my first guide, and it's pretty sucky.
ssad.gif

I figured something was better than nothing since we don't have a lipglass thread that I've seen. I only had my Nymphette to compare it to, and I didn't have the box...Here goes:

mac1.jpg
mac2.jpg
mac3.jpg

I know it's not much, but I hope it helps some of you.
smiles.gif

rockin

Thanks, Marusia
smiles.gif

I can see from your pictures that the e on the bottom labels differs between them too

eponine

where did you get the fake one? i ask because i've noticed some changes in the font size on the lipglasses at my counter recently, some of the lipglasses and lustreglasses have slightly bigger typing on the side now.

marusia

A long story short, (and I'm not the only one this has happened to) a trusted person sold it to me. I didn't even have any idea until I noticed an issue with something else I had bought. I just wanted to help show everyone else so they know what to look out for.

LisaOrestea

Wow. That is a really close copy.
Without already owning one from a MAC counter I doubt I would ever notice those differences.

What is the scent like in the fake, do they try and copy the vanilla smell?

littlepickle

Hi guys, could someone check this for me? This is my first MAC lipglass and I just want to make sure
smiles.gif
It's Splendid, but not the Dame Edna packaging, I forget which collection this is from.
4546507561_629f565099.jpg

4547141564_86cf1f6286.jpg

4546506989_26d5a43542.jpg

4547141030_971c4196e7.jpg

Was sold as brand new, unboxed. Has the MAC vanilla smell.

panther27

^^^That is from the Antiquitease Holiday collection 07'.That came from a set that has 2 mini lipglasses,a lipstick and a little bag.I have that set,it's the real thing.

littlepickle

Heehee thank you, it's Color Club Coral Cascade. It's just the right mix of safe and bright
smiles.gif

Thanks for checking that for me, panther!

Odette1303

Ok, my heart just stopped
shockt.gif

All of my lipglasses have small bumps on lids, some of them were bought by me at MAC counters, and others I got from Specktra members (with good reputation and feedback, not just any random member) who did CPs for me. And all of them are LE. They can't be fake, please tell me they can't all be fake
shockt.gif

panda0410

^^So do mine, and I only own a few & they ALL came from MAC online, so no, they can't/won't all be fake. My Snowscene has the same font as the fake one shown here, and it's definitely not a fake. There are probably good copies, just like the pigments. It interests me though that the fake smells like the real one, I've had a few fake lipglasses pass through my hands and none of them smelt like authentic MAC lipglasses so this could be a newer update.

marusia

By the small bump, it was hard to explain. It's not as smooth as the authentic. I really wish I could have gotten a better picture to show you but it was hard to show up. I just wrote a guide in this forum called "protecting yourself from counterfeits". It has more info that would help. No, MAC doesn't sell counterfeits. But yeah, the differences are so similar that they would be very hard to notice. I've been wearing nymphette for years and it was only because I put them side by side that I noticed.
ssad.gif

zewzeq

Sorry to bump up an old thread but i came across this post while researching about fake MACs and i'm kinda confused. I have a Viva Glam V that i bought at MAC counter so there is no way it can be fake. It has a larger gap in M too and also has the small bump on the lid.

I'm uploading the pictures so you can see:

So, this is normal? I know for a fact this one is not fake but i bought other lipglasses from EBay and their logo is also exactly the same as the one i bought from MAC counter. No noticable differences but this post got me scared. I don't have Nymphette though i can't compare.

EDIT: I checked some lipglass pictures on Temptalia etc. and the "M" in the Mac logo supposed to have a gap like that. Since many people who bought directly from MAC say their lipglasses also has the small bump on the lid, this means lipglasses supposed to have those so I don't think this two alone indicates the lipglass is fake. There has to be other factors. This is my opinion.

Latest posts