Covering up stretch marks?

franimal

Does anyone know if this is practical/possible? I'm going to the Bahamas in July and want to cover up some unsightly stretch marks on the side of my butt. Any recommendations? Is there a product I can use that is waterproof?

saniyairshad

Hmmm maybe MAC Face and Body Foundation
This is what it says on the MAC Site:

"
M523_hd.gif
A water-based, water-resistant foundation that provides long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturize and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body."

Shimmer

stretch marks are scars, and usually slight indentations.
The best way you can cover them up is a tan, real or fake.

TESSAISDANK

DO NOT real tan stretch marks! Scars don't tan so it will just emphasize the look of them. Fake tan them or wear boy short swimsuit bottoms. Don't worry too much about them, most women have them.

macjunkieTURKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESSAISDANK
DO NOT real tan stretch marks! Scars don't tan so it will just emphasize the look of them. Fake tan them or wear boy short swimsuit bottoms. Don't worry too much about them, most women have them.

she is damn right dont ever tan them because they are really thin skin they get darker than your normal tan

Another Janice!

I love my stretchmarks!! Well, the ones that came with carrying babies anyway.

The ones from me just getting fat are another story though.

Treejewel19

I have found that Coppertone "fake tan" works great on stretch marks. They pretty much dissapear after a couple of applications. However, I would strongly recommend using a strong sunblock around your stretch mark area. When stretch marks are exposed to sun, as mentioned by several before, they get really red...and that you can't cover up.

me_jelly

I have rather visible ones (although they are now silvery) on my bum too...a lot of women have stretch marks, so don't worry have fun. But whatever you do, do not try to tan them away! It makes them worse and very red. You can try boy shorts as mentioned above or just rub on some fake tanning lotion. Have fun!

Latest posts