Creasing... pigments are to blame!

martygreene

So, I figured it out. It's not that paints are failing me... it's that Vanilla HATES me!

I tested it out, and every time I wear a pigment atop a paint, it creases, but with just shadows and paints, no creasing ever- even if I sleep in the darn stuff.

Anyone else encounter this? I didn't always have this issue- it's definitely something recent.

MizMac

I love to use Vanilla and all my pigents over EZR, if you do it while the gel still has a bit of tack left. I do this and it makes my pigments bulletproof. I even used this method at a hair show in 80 degress and it still worked. I would try that out. Good luck!!

banana

I love tan but it usually creases on me if I use it as a lid colour over my cream e/s base (I use the almay knockoff of paints hehe). I like to put on a matte bone/beige eyeshadow on first over the cream base and then put tan on top. It's not as intense this way of course but it lasts longer and better for more subtle eyeshadow looks.

mrsdivajen

Yes, marty...I think it's b/c the pigments are kind of "heavy" if you know what I mean. I find I use a light base such as Benefit FyEye and the pigments stay great. However, w/ paints I have to use a more finely ground powder such as MUFE star powder...the heaviness of the paints/pigment combination is sometimes a problem. Just IMO.

Latest posts