Current job & dream job

Cupid

I didn't see any other post like this so I decided to start one!

I currently work for Macy's in operations. I worked there all throughout college, but now that I'm a recent college grad I have been hunting to start my career. My dream jobs would be either working as an editor for a major cosmetics brand/beauty magazine or working in Public Relations. I've had some interviews for editing (not in my dream field) and for PR jobs...but alas nothing set yet.

What is your current job and what would be your dream career?

tthelwell

How fun! All the best with your goals mama!

Let's see...currently I'm an Electrical Engineer and the only dream job I came up with is Trophy Wife...LOL! I love what I do so no complaints but it would be nice not to have to work at all...

jjjenko

That's so awesome ^^. I'm currently in school doing Computer Engineering. I don't have a job right now but I guess my dream job is to invent something awesome =]

PeachTwist

I have just been hired as a LUSH Christmas temp.

I'm absolutely loving it so far, best job I've ever had. I think dream job would either be working for LUSH (I could probably do it forever, haha) or working for MAC. I know it probably sounds like a generic thing to say on a makeup forum however I've never found something else that I've ever really taken such an interest to like I have LUSH and makeup. I love to read, but I don't like to write. So being a book critic would be useless. I love to travel, but I don't think I'd like to do it for work. I'd want to enjoy it.

So to sum it up, working for an amazing company like LUSH or working as a professional make-up artist or somewhere in a makeup company. Anything in this kind of industry!
smiles.gif

thezander

Just (as in 3 days ago) started a new job working in ticketing and pricing, but for the past 9 years I've worked in customer service of various sorts. Dream job? Actress, film or Broadway, or singer. More attainable dream job? Voice actor.

kittykit

I'm a supply chain consultant - never thought I'd end up in this field but I love my job
smiles.gif
Dream job? Be my own boss, running a home decor store selling indie arts and crafts.

LMD84

i'm the store manager for the Sony Centre in my city and i really enjoy my job. i get to play with cool things, meet lots of different people and also my work mates are all awesome.

for my dream job i would love to work for a cosmetic company - mac would be awesome of course. i'd love to manage a mac store one day! but doubt it would happen. my manager and sales skills are awesome. however my make up skills are not up to mac standard!

hello_my_apple

my current job, is a surgical technician. i got my BS in biology, but i figured it was a waste because i had no clue how to use it. as of right now i'm taking the steps needed to raise my overall GPA to apply to Medical school, YES! i will become a Physician!

Shadowy Lady

My current job is a building inspector (mechanical systems). My degree is in mechanical engineering. I love my current job and I guess my dream would be to manage my department (or something similar)

ThePowderPuff

I am a freelance journalist and communications consultant. I just started working freelance and it's my absolute dream job. Now I just need more jobs, so I can get a paycheck the about the same size as I got having a regular communications job. Other than that I only dream about being able to make some money from my blogging, so that could be a bigger part of my time.

Mercurial

I'm a qualified veterinary nurse though not in practice at the moment but a related field. I'm at the 'what do I want to do now' stage and thinking of retraining to a different career path. Would love to be a writer/journalist though
cooldude.gif

lolcats

I am currently unemployed and my dream job would be to work part time for mac, part time as a video games journalist of some sort.

LoraBrook

Right now I'm managing a salon and doing hair full time with a few makeup jobs here and there. My dream job is to do make up full time!

Beutyjunkie84

Right now I am a child care teacher. I have a BA in Communications and dance. So my dream job would be to do writing/ marketing for a beauty magazine or a major cosmetics line. Also to dance with a company and travel around the world!!

banana1234

I have a foundation degree in viisual communication and Bachelors(hons) degree in graphic design, and GNVQ in pharmacy tehnician training, i currently work in a pharmacy, my dream job would be being paid lots to do make up, or a teacher for young kids!

amoona

I stumbled upon this thread and thought it was a great topic to get to know everyone to I'm reviving it (hopefully).

I recently left my job in Public Relations for a global skincare line (left LA to come back to my fam in SF) and I am interviewing for other PR positions in the Bay Area. My dream job is to own my own boutique one day - it's one of the may reasons I studied Merchandise Marketing at a fashion school. I'm also looking into some type of fashion design night program so I can one day have some of my own pieces in my boutique.

lipglass_junkie

I'm in school for genetics, but work part time at a toy store to pay bills

Dream job is probably two options: work in HIV research (mostly genetic basis for infection resistance) but if science wasn't there, I'd want to work for a toy company and come up with new toys!

femmepastiche

Technically I'm a student, but I'm interning right now for a television station. I would love to work in either TV or movies, behind the scenes in the production sector. Or, perhaps as a writer. Though my all-time, all-all-time dream job would probably be head beauty editor of Allure or Nylon magazine. Then again I could just start my own magazine...
amuse.gif

Latest posts