DECORATING! Room by room-POLL

Hawkeye

Your local moonbat has done something yet again to amuse at least some of you. But before I go on :

What kind of decor does your room have? Your bedroom? Office? Your house in general?

Mine:

Room: Earthy- nice crisp greens and whites with some browns.

Office: Star Trek- ALL STAR TREK. I got star trek posters, star trek autographs, star trek postcards. Yeah I love the stuff.

Bathroom: MAC. Mac pictures and posters
smiles.gif

Living room: MASH. Lots of Alan Alda Pictures and the olive greens and greys. I lovingly call my living room the swamp.
greengrin.gif

Kitchen: Yeah I haven't gotton that far yet
smiles.gif

Raerae

My living room is the only thing that I've really focused on right now, as it's a public space in my house. I moved from living in a studio, to living with roomates with furniture, to moving to a 1 bedroom apartment on my own, so I had to budget my spending, and figured the Livingroom was the best place to start!

I dont have much control over the color of the walls, as it's an apartment. The walls are Tan. However, I do have a LOT of windows in the room, so it's really nice. 2/4 walls have complete window coverage on them.

My furniture is a mix of oak, and oak thats been stained black. So I have a futon that has a Black Oak Frame, and the couch pard is red. This matches my dining table which is painted black, but the wood under it is stained red, so red streaks show through the black paint.

My coffeetable and the small table next to the futon, and the longer table in front of the large window, are a set. They are all oak, with a glass top.

I live in Long Beach a few block from the ocean, so I have a large picture of a pelican above my Mantle, which is done in beach colors, so a lot of tans/browns. Had the picture already, but it looks really nice. On the mantle I have one of those 3 tierd candle holders in iron. As well as photo's of fam and friends, and my Box Collection on display (I collect decorative tiny boxes from around the world) Some are carved from stone, others are wood, some are painted, or from clay, etc. Plus there great to have all sorts of goodies stored in them.

Chic 2k6

Mine:

Room: RED!!!! fire engine red, and a pink ceiling, odd combo i know lol, i have heavy duty velvet curtains to keep the room dark at night

Office: uhhh mine's in my bedroom lol

Bathroom: I share my bathroom with Mom, its the main one in the house but opposite my room. it's white tiles with coupla dolphins motif and blue themed

Living room: Greens, brick reds, earthy tones

Kitchen: Morrocan, euw. mom chose it not me

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
Mine:

Room: RED!!!! fire engine red, and a pink ceiling, odd combo i know lol, i have heavy duty velvet curtains to keep the room dark at night

Hah post a pic! That sounds so much fun!

Chic 2k6

This is just to show the color, my batteries are dead in the camera lol and i dont have any more. i have a mural on the wall too
greengrin.gif

WPCWall.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
This is just to show the color, my batteries are dead in the camera lol and i dont have any more. i have a mural on the wall too
greengrin.gif

WPCWall.gif

Hah, your room looks totally fun!!!

I wish i could paint my walls =(

amoona

I'm only allowed to touch my room lol. We'd decorate the entire house but we're moving by the summer so my mom doesn't want me to bother until we move. For now however I'm in the process of redecorating my room. I'm going to start next week when I come back from Vegas.

The theme is old hollywood glamour and I'm going to carry on that theme when we move. There are somethings I'd love to have in my room that fight the theme (like a vanity and stuff) but my room is soooo damn small that there's no chance in hell. Hopefully when I'm done I can take pictures with my crappy camera. :-D

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I painted my whole room a pretty pink color, did some wide stripes(light pink dark pink like a victoria secret bag.) on the wall my bed was on. it looked awesome.. then a week later my dad decided he was gonna sell the house.. so I had to move out. haha.. all that work for nothing!

Shimmer

I'm actually considering remodeling my master bath in ivory and black. I haven't totally sold myself on it, but I'm considering it seriously
smiles.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I painted my whole room a pretty pink color, did some wide stripes(light pink dark pink like a victoria secret bag.) on the wall my bed was on. it looked awesome.. then a week later my dad decided he was gonna sell the house.. so I had to move out. haha.. all that work for nothing!

That sounds totally hot.

kaliraksha

My bedroom is lovely dark garnet colored red. All red sheets... red cover... red velvet curtains.. a red rug... RED ROOM! My furniture is a modem wood color... no other colors.

My bathroom is black counters... dark chocolate concrete floor... and all my bath towels and bath mat and shower curtain are white... like hotel white. I have a huge mirrored area.... so its full of different white candles... long candles, short candles etc.

My living room is red suede couch and black leather ottoman with dark brown leather bar stools... and I have dark chocolate concrete floors with the black marble counter into the kitchen. With stainless steel accents (i.e. vase, picture frame)

I love my apartment.. it's just not complete yet.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
I'm actually considering remodeling my master bath in ivory and black. I haven't totally sold myself on it, but I'm considering it seriously
smiles.gif

If you do your tiles on the floor like that, you may want to test it out. My bathroom floor is black and white tile, and the little dirt shows up on the white.

I live in a studio. Everything is blonde wood and light colors, because it's small. My bathroom is black and white.

I'm not much into decorating, honestly. I had to consult HGTV's website for tips

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
If you do your tiles on the floor like that, you may want to test it out. My bathroom floor is black and white tile, and the little dirt shows up on the white.

I live in a studio. Everything is blonde wood and light colors, because it's small. My bathroom is black and white.

I'm not much into decorating, honestly. I had to consult HGTV's website for tips

I've already got white (gag) linoleum (double triple gag) in my non carpeted areas. It's not bueno at all. Hate it. Passionately.

Haven't decided on flooring yet. My guest bath is pumpkin and sand and pumpkin seed colors...It's really warm.

I found a store on Ebay that sells the door casings I want, at a much lower price than what I found them at the hardware store.
greengrin.gif

queenofdisaster

id really love my whole entire freaking house to be red suede, black leather and very subtle zebra print accents... but my hubby will never let me do that... it sounds tacky but i have such a classy and well-put together image in my head... ahhh well... instead we have neutrals, greens and browns all throughout... the living room, bedroom and kitchen. my son's room is all decked out from floor to ceiling in superman, and my daughters is dora the explorer. the kids' bathroom is soon-to-be sponge bob themed.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
id really love my whole entire freaking house to be red suede, black leather and very subtle zebra print accents....

I've done this look in my old bedroom... just red and black with with old black and white movie posters up and then this awesome zebra bed bench at the end of the bed... it looked pretty cool... kind of funky hotel roomish. I think because I love nice hotels I always aspire to have my home like that. Because I love how clean and plush everything is at a nice hotel.

aeni

Living Room: Faux finished walls. The results look like Venetian plaster minus the wonderful shine and feel. I'm thinking of putting cultured stone on the stairs but there are issues with angles and drywall. I've stain glassed my front windows as well for additional privacy and overall safety (in case they're ever broken). I plan on building a long and low bookshelf with my dad for it as well and create "faux windows". Just a trellis, backlighting, and curtains.

Kitchen: Painted light green. No special effects in here. EXTREMELY COOL stained glass in here.

Downstairs Bathroom: Butter yellow with dragged gold glaze. Huge framed mirrors were added for my boyfriend (he's TALL).

Stairs and upstairs aren't started/finished. The UPBath is getting the tub reglazed, the countertop replaced (square sink!). My bedroom is going to be RED with an Amelie theme (so I'll be making stencils to mimic the wallpaper).

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I've done this look in my old bedroom... just red and black with with old black and white movie posters up and then this awesome zebra bed bench at the end of the bed... it looked pretty cool... kind of funky hotel roomish. I think because I love nice hotels I always aspire to have my home like that. Because I love how clean and plush everything is at a nice hotel.

oh that is EXACTLY what i'd love in my bedroom... i think next time my hubby leaves for work for a few weeks im going to redecorate haha... i found a zebra bench im dying for. plus i think that look is SO sexy!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Ive always wanted to do a red and black room full of deep red velvety type fabrics. a red wall with black diamond shapes on it. and a 4 poster bed or some type of dark wood, with a big fluffy red velvety bedspread.

my mom said it sounds like a whorehouse. lol

Shimmer

remodeling because you want it to look the way YOU want it is fun.
Remodeling so you can eventually sell kind of sucks. :/

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK

my mom said it sounds like a whorehouse. lol

Haha! Whenever my friends would come over they would be like "how much?" or "how much do your rent your room out per hour?"

Latest posts