Demo tomorrow @ Nordstrom MAC counter

claresauntie

dance.gif

So I have my demo at Nordstrom tomorrow! I've also asked to see if they can schedule the interview/meeting with the manager of the whole store for around the same time, since I have to leave work to do this. So, maybe by the end of the day tomorrow all of the interview bits will be behind me! :booty:

I'm trying my best not to be nervous, but it's only working part of the time.

I'm going to go home and re-read all of the helpful hints ya'll have posted in other threads. The only thing I'm fairly nervous about is the sanitizing (remembering to do it, and doing it properly), but I'll make sure I ask questions about that and I believe that will be ok.

Should anyone think of any brand new and helpful things, let me know! I'll post details of the demo tomorrow, for future applicants to reference.

Wish me luck!

*jen

giz2000

Just relax, and do your thing...by the way, who are you using as your model???

Best of luck to you!

aquarius11

Good luck, sweetie! I think you'll do fantastic. Just remember to bring your confidence with you and have faith in yourself, and trust your judgment. It's ok to be nervous...just remember to pull that confidence out when it's time to do the demo...you will ROCK it!

*crosses fingers for you*

maxcat

Hooray!!
Here's how you remember all the sanitizing... before you put something on your model's face think... would I put that on MY face? and act accordingly. They're not going to expect you to know every formal sanitizing procedure but they do expect a measure of common sense.
The other key is to really explain to your model what you're doing and why... why are you using a matte, or why you're using shimmer... they like explaining and communicating with your model.
I don't know if they're going to give you a face chart - if they do don't just whap the makeup on. Assume the scenario is the model is your client and she's picked this face chart as the look she'd like to try.
You're going to be great!!

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
They're not going to expect you to know every formal sanitizing procedure but they do expect a measure of common sense.

They actually WILL expect you to know every formal sanitizing procedure. They got over it right before your demo and if you have any questions you need to ask right away. Somethings they wont tell you and they'll say "use your better judgement" but they will tell you how they expect you to sanitize the products.

A lot of people forget everything as soon as they start so make sure you don't do that!!! I almost forgot to sanitize the lip liner but my cousin/model reminded me thankfully haha.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
Just relax, and do your thing...by the way, who are you using as your model???

Best of luck to you!

My model is an impossibly gorgeous friend of mine. She would look good in a paper bag.
rofl.gif

------------------

OK. It's over! I did it. PHEW!:dancey:

I'm posting the details in here, in the "details of my demo" thread for those of you who are interested.

Thanks for all of the well-wishes. I think I've got the job, but am waiting for a call about meeting with the manager of the Nordstrom and the offer, should it come.

*jen
clapping.gif

claresauntie

yahoo.gif
I GOT IT, GALS!
yahoo.gif

The counter manager called to say that everything had gone well yesterday and that I basically have the job. Someone still needs to call me to schedule my meeting with the store manager, but that's a formality. And then the Cosmetics Dept. manager is off 'til Monday, but she'll call me with the details and the formal offer.

so.....
nanaparty.gif

YAY! I'm a MAC Artist!
nanaparty.gif

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
They actually WILL expect you to know every formal sanitizing procedure. They got over it right before your demo and if you have any questions you need to ask right away. Somethings they wont tell you and they'll say "use your better judgement" but they will tell you how they expect you to sanitize the products.

A lot of people forget everything as soon as they start so make sure you don't do that!!! I almost forgot to sanitize the lip liner but my cousin/model reminded me thankfully haha.

Lucky you!!! I didn't get that! Would have helped...Just did what I usually do in the field. Lots of alcohol, lots of wands and spatulas... and sanitizer on my hands before I start. I was there three months before anyone told me to wipe powders - and "decant" foundation (I was using Moistureblend in my demo) ...and that was when they finally got me to Basic!
rofl.gif

Latest posts