• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Depotting so so so easy [text]

natalie75

I have been fretting and fretting about depotting my e/s. I finally decided to try this an it worked like a charm, NO accidents!

dry towel
exacto knife
blow dryer

I took the e/s out with the exacto over the towel, then held the blow dryer on it until the plastic softened. About a minute, then I slid the knife in and it popped right out. THEN, I used the blow dryer on the label for about 30 seconds and slid the knife under it to remove it! YEAH B2M for me!!

fireatwill

niceee! great tutorial!
smiles.gif

XxTinker_BellxX

Just tried it. I was so scared to break a eyeshadow and ididnt want to go to MAC witha handful of melted black platic balls... and this works for both!!!!!!!easy quick and not scary at all
smiles.gif

Glow

I love you.
Seriously, The only depotting method I have ever tried.
It got my crystal avalanche out no problemos, and then my taupeless was a bit more glued down than i had expected so i had some chippage, but nothing I couldn't smooth over with my finger :p

Those two are the ones i've only used once or twice though - so i dont care

misslilith

I use this method every time I want to depot only a few shadows and I have found no other method as easy as this one to remove the labels.

I totally agree with you that this is way the easiest method! PLUS: no more broken Pots so you will be able to "repot" the shadwos with some glue (if needed some day)
Try it girls!

Oh man.

I was worried about getting wax paper, and ruining my Chi flat iron and that whole ordeal, and this was amazing.

Totally easy, took like 60 seconds total.

Also, I've never depotted before and it's probably been gone over tons of times--but MAC doesn't mind that the tin and sticker are both missing? The MAs aren't jerks about accepting just the plastic container for B2M?

Fabulous tutorial.

Jacq-i

YAY!! I just did this to my MAC Black Tied and Urban Decay Piccadilly. I kinda scratched both of them, but that's just because my hand slipped.

I'm so excited, this is my first depotting.
smiles.gif

Nyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54626
Oh man.

I was worried about getting wax paper, and ruining my Chi flat iron and that whole ordeal, and this was amazing.

Totally easy, took like 60 seconds total.

Also, I've never depotted before and it's probably been gone over tons of times--but MAC doesn't mind that the tin and sticker are both missing? The MAs aren't jerks about accepting just the plastic container for B2M?

Fabulous tutorial.

I just depotted my shadows, yay!! But I'm also concerned we will we get hassled for bringing back the pot without the tin.

natalie75

Back to MAC

I have NEVER had a problem at my counter. Of course I spend a small fortune, as we all do
clap.gif

Latest posts