• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Depotting Using a Candle - Video

RenRen

Hi Guys,

I've done a bunch of ways to depot from using pliers, to flat irons, etc...but this is the quickest and safest way for me to do it
smiles.gif

I did a video in case someone would rather see it live action. Hope this helps!

Click on the link for the Video: YouTube - Depotting eyeshadow using a candle

enjoybeingagirl

Thanks for the tutorial! This is the method I use as well and I have never broken or cracked an eye shadow.

Before I used a candle, I used the Enkore no heat method unsuccessfully and broke 3 eye shadows
ssad.gif

anjecakes

I really wish I would have seen this tutorial before I attempted to depot 4 of my eye shadows. They were all semi-successful. I kind of cracked one of them, and burnt some of the top of all 4.
thmbdn.gif

I also didn't use the magnet, or label the shade, which I should do before I recycle the cases.

Oh, and I also burnt the crap out of a fork. =/

(I used the Depotting tutorial at the top of the page).

Latest posts