Discussion: NARS Spring 2010

paopao

I thought we could have discussion threads here at Nars too.

Nars Spring Colection will be available from February 2010.
NARS-Spring-2010-Collection-look.jpg

E/S Duo Kuala Lumpu.
E/S D'Gorgeous:
Cream E/S Duo Camargue
Easy Lover gloss
Nail LacquerPurple Rain: morado muy brillante.
Glitter eye pencil Bains Douches
Lipstick Cruising

Orgasm iluminator is supposed to be in this colection too.

Ode to Joy

Thank you! It looks a lot darker than in the promo pics, I'd love to have a shade like it is shown on the promo pic... so no buy for me
ssad.gif

krijsten

After seeing that swatch of Purple Rain, I must have it! I might be interested in the Orgasm illuminator too if it comes out with all of this.

jad3

I'm interested in the Orgasm illuminator. I don't actually like it as a blush as it doesn't show up on me, but I was watching the Golden Globe awards and Christina Aguilera's makeup looks amazing with the illuminator applied.

gabi03

i want to see that duo and the hot pink lipgloss in person. they look super fun.

i have to admit, as a nars fan, i've been disappointed in the years past collection. I get excited only to have my hopes dashed when i swatch stuff. I really only picked up Eurydice duo and Belize lipgloss this year...

Mabelle

Ok! So i got the chance to play with the new products and these are my thoughts

Orgasm illuminator; Very pretty. It goes on quite sheers, very buildable and is stunning on all skin colours. I imagine it's more subtle than the multiple. It's definitely worth look at next time you hit up sephora.

Cream shadow duo in Camarague; The green is like a cream version of juxt eyeshadow. The brown side is a nice red brown. Im not crazy about cream shadows, so i didnt pay them much mind.

es duo in Kuala Lampur: This is stunning when swatched. the light colour is a very light pinky colour. Great for an all over lid colour. The show stopper is the the mauve. It's a mid tone mauve with gold shimmer. Stunning. Perfect for spring! When tapped onto my hand it was very buildable and completly wearable.

Lip glosses Easy Lover and Ophelia
; they are both huge dissapointments. While both colours look stunning in the tube, they are 100% sheer. Easy lover is comparable to girl about town in lg format. When heavy applied, you'll be lucky if you get more colour than when wearing smashbox's o-gloss. Ophelia was only swatched on the hand, but again, very very sheer. It's too bad cause the colour in the tube it to freakin die for.

Lipstick in Cruising; It's a very nice pinky beige colour. But like the other lip products, its sheer and somewhat glossy. If it had more kick, it would be a great neutral lip, but im not sure you'll get much payoff for anyone with pigment lips.

Purple Rain Nail Polish
: This is a stand out. Royal Plumy purple with fine flecks of pearlized pigment in it. Goes on nicely, and seems to be pretty chip resistant. I'm absolutely picking this up!

MzzRach

I normally adore NARS promo shots but I am not loving this one - even though Amber Valetta is a gorgeous woman. Maybe if her lipstick had more colour, it's just not working for me.

Thanks for the collection review, Mabelle!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I normally adore NARS promo shots but I am not loving this one - even though Amber Valetta is a gorgeous woman. Maybe if her lipstick had more colour, it's just not working for me.

Thanks for the collection review, Mabelle!

ITA about the promo image, not diggin it at all! I like the sound of the Orgasm Illuminator and powder e/s duo. Will prob pick those up. Thanks Mabelle
smiles.gif

peachesxsan

I swatched Cruising at Sephora and was not impressed at all. It seemed exactly like my lip color, only kicked up the slightest notch. I had the fortune of receiving it in a swap though and have come to like it. It's a great pink for when you don't want to think about your makeup.

Latest posts