Does being 'put together' make you feel better?

Loirt

I suffer from anxiety and have a low self-esteem and I totally feel better when I'm wearing makeup and nice clothes.
It actually helps me to want to get out of the house...

greengoesmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
exactly!
smiles.gif
shaving my legs helps too!
tong.gif
hee hee hee!

Weird! I find shaving my legs to be one the most theraputic aspects of showertime too!
I always dread shaving until I start though.

I am quite fond of finishing off every shower with icy water as well, I tend to find that helps my mood, you're too busy shivvering to cry then! lol

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoesmoo

I am quite fond of finishing off every shower with icy water as well, I tend to find that helps my mood, you're too busy shivvering to cry then! lol

A cold/cool rinse makes the hair shiny, too!
As for the psychological benefits of being put together: I recently had a contact lens malfunction, and had to wear glasses in public briefly.
I didn't mind the glasses so much, but what I DID mind was the fact that I couldn't wear my usual gel eyeliner, because I couldn't see to apply it.
I just didn't feel like myself, without my Macroviolet ...
sigh.gif

SnowAngel1106

I feel better when I have my face on and my hair done. I NEVER, and I mean N E V E R leave my house without eyeliner, mascara, and foundation - at the very least. I don't even like to let people (including my husband) to see me without makeup. It makes me feel complete to have my face on, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just like there's nothing wrong with the opposite.

blackeneddove

I definitely do feel better when I'm put together.. BUT..
The past 2 weeks I've had pink eye in BOTH eyes (hence no FOTDs from me) and was forced to not wear contacts or any eye makeup and that changed my opinion alot.. I am newly single and got MORE attention not wearing any eye makeup, just face makeup and lipstick than when I wore a full face.. Goes to show what attracts men more I guess eh?
But for me personally, I feel much better made up, full face, lips, eyes, falsies, the works. I feel much prettier on the outside and that boosts my confidence, makes me feel more secure and brings out my inner beauty as well.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeneddove
I definitely do feel better when I'm put together.. BUT..
The past 2 weeks I've had pink eye in BOTH eyes (hence no FOTDs from me) and was forced to not wear contacts or any eye makeup

I, also, am a contact lens wearer, and there have been a few occasions when a damaged lens forced me to wear my glasses, and when that happens, I just don't feel like "myself." My large bright green eyes are a really exceptional (complete strangers compliment me on them) feature that I love to play up, and wearing glasses makes that more difficult.
For one thing, I can't wear my eye makeup the way I usually do.
With my glasses on, access to my eyes is blocked (ever tried to squeeze a fine eyeliner brush, like the MAC 210, around glasses and apply gel eyeliner neatly?). However, if I remove my glasses, I can't see what the heck I'm doing, so I lose either way.
Fortunately, I've always been able to get back into contacts again quickly, and when I do, it actually gives me an emotional lift just to be able to do my three-gorgeous-shades-of-eyeshadow-gel-eyeliner-curled-lashes-and-Zoomlash routine.
Realistically, my eyes are pretty, even with absolutely no makeup on them, but it makes me feel good to highlight them with makeup.

Getting put together for me is a definite confidence booster.
Generally, you feel a little better when u put effort into yourself

hawaii02

I like to at least put on eye makeup, even if I may just be hanging around the house. I hate to go anywhere without makeup on though. It just makes me feel incomplete, as someone said.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untitled_Diva
Generally, you feel a little better when u put effort into yourself

I agree.
When you go to the trouble to put yourself together, you're saying to yourself, and the world, "I respect myself."

MizzMelroseMood

Yea it does. I'm another person who is totally different acting when I feel good about myself. I'm alot nicer then. If I'm having a bad hair day, then I'm impossible. I hate being like that though, my personality shouldn't depend on my looks.
ssad.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzMelroseMood
If I'm having a bad hair day, then I'm impossible. I hate being like that though, my personality shouldn't depend on my looks.
ssad.gif

I think I know what you're talking about, and don't be too hard on yourself.
If you know you look good, you expect others to respond positively to you, and when they do, that in turn makes you feel even better.
On the other hand, a bad hair day can get that "I look like crap" voice started on your head, and it's kind of hard to have a good day when you're feeling like that.

Latest posts