does mac make a black paint?

VioletB

When was graphito discontinued?? The MA gave me a sample the other day.. I better go get it!!

MAC_Whore

Maybe 6 months ago or so? I don't know. I have a horrible sense of time.

I agree, Blacktrack fluidline is a good for a true flat, black paint effect. Sharkskin shadestick is also good. It mimics Graphito a bit more closely in that it has slight shimmer to it.

You can also just use an Eye Kohl (Smolder), Technakohl (Graphblack) or Powerpoint (Engraved). Those would be better as a base though, as they may crease if you don't set them with shadow.

Check your local CCO for Graphito paint though, as they are still floating around.
smiles.gif

franimal

graphito is more of a charcoal. i was actually asking because I swapped for a paint in black. though you can't see the actually name of the paint on the tube. the color of the paint is a flat, matte black. i've never heard of black paint before but I was just wondering if anyone knew when this came out. I really don't think its fake.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
When was graphito discontinued?? The MA gave me a sample the other day.. I better go get it!!

it was discontinued online awhile ago, but we just RTVd it at the counter on sunday. hopefully your closest MAC was slow to RTV and you can still get it!

YvetteJeannine

If you're looking for a true black, try NARS cream eyeshadow (I LOVE these!) in Zardoz. Thier cream e/s are wonderful and go on as sheerly or buildable as you want. Urban Decay also makes a very black eyeshadow in their DELUX e/s series...I believe it's called Zero
smiles.gif
I tried a couple of their Delux eyeshadows on my last visit to Sephora and they are great!! They feel so creamy and blendable!!

ETA: If you can wait for MAC's Paint Pots to come out I believe they are going to have a charcol grey paint with some kind of pearl (I think silver pearl). I know it's not that true flat, matte black you're looking for, but it doesn't hurt to try it and see if you like it
winks.gif
If you don't like that particular product (or can't wait 'till they come out) you can always try the options above
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
If you're looking for a true black, try NARS cream eyeshadow (I LOVE these!) in Zardoz. Thier cream e/s are wonderful and go on as sheerly or buildable as you want.

If it helps, I swatched Zardoz awhile ago.

zardoz.jpg

zardoz2.jpg

LatinaRose

I have both Existential and Graphito and much prefer my Sharkskin s/s to both. Quick and easy to apply, no mess.

clamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Existential paint

I have it and it is reallllllyy old at least 2 years. I don't know when it was discontinued they should bring it back!!!!!!

Latest posts