Don't you DARE touch me! D:<

BloodMittens

Alrighty, so I made my trip to my CCO today, mostly because I was going out that way anyways to pick up my niece. Now, I've never had any problems before with ladies at my CCO, most of them know me by name, and one of them loves to go through the drawers with me to find me deals.

I walked in, and I was greeted nicely by one girl, but the other lady was already looking at me funny. I don't know if it's my hair, gauged ears, boots, pants, overall look, I have no clue, but I blew it off, happens all the time.

Then, I could feel her staring at me. I whipped out my sidekick to message my one friend who lives in North Carolina (she doesn't have a CCO or even a MAC counter where she lives) to ask her if she wanted me to look for anything. And I typed a bit on my phone to ask her, and put the sidekick back on my pocket, and started looking through some stuff, looks for specifics, anything I was searching for in general.

And then I got a reply back from my friend, so I opened my sidekick, and the lady came up to me and said "Ma'am I'm sorry, I can't have you typing off what we have in stock on your phone."

I explained myself, saying my friend was looking for some stuff, and I was just checking to see what she said for me to look for. She backed off, but said "Yeah, well, we can't have that."

By this time... I was like... okayyyyyyyyyyyyy...?

So I looked at my phone to see what she was looking for, and I saw Comet Blue and got excited, telling her about it on my phone, and I was looking through some other ones, typing a little bit and then all of a sudden the lady like BUMRUSHED ME! She pushed my hand holding my phone DOWN, and I was like... did she just touch me?

"Ma'am! I can't have you doing that! You've been typing a lot on that phone and I don't know what you're saying and you can list off what we have in stock online! And you're probably taking pictures too."

"I understand that, but I'm NOT taking pictures, or doing anything wrong, it's no different if I was talking to her on the phone."

I explained myself AGAIN, by this time I was furious... I don't like people TOUCHING me, I understand that you might not allow people to list off items, but I WASN'T! I was just excited and trying to READ the small labels without touching every lipglass (I have a germ phobia).

Then another lady walked in, and both girls were super nice to her, helping her with everything she wanted. When all I had was this lady breathing down my neck. She stared at me the ENTIRE time afterwards, and was very rudely and OBVIOUSLY keeping an eye on me while I was just LOOKING at stuff, and not even touching it.

And when I finally got up, and asked for what I needed, the other younger girl helped me out, and was nicer. But, as soon as I started walking out, they were talking loudly, and then got really quiet, and lucky me with super hearing, I heard her say something about how kids these days have no respect.

Okay, I'm normally a VERY polite person, you can ask anyone I am friends with, I'm a sweetheart, and I'm super nice to people who are in customer service. But... one thing I do NOT like... is people touching me, ESPECIALLY shoving my hand with my $500 phone down to where I almost could have dropped it. I understand if you have a no picture policy, but my phone was no where near to take a picture, it was by my hip and the highest it got was my chest. If I woulda dropped my phone... I would've had a fit. Haha.

So... I politely said "You know... you could at least wait till I'm out the door before you start talking about me." and then I walked out.

Anyways... I NEEDED to rant that out. I was SO mad... phew. I feel better.
smiles.gif

nursee81

Are you serious you can't type while your at the CCO I have never heard of such a thing. I have been to my CCO and talked on the phone with my BF about what they have and no one has ever told me to stop.

carandru

OMG, seriously I have to commend you for not flying off of the handle. I probably would have had a mini fit if that lady touched me. Ok, I'm a little too weary of conflict for that....but she definitely would have known not to put her hands on me AND I would have asked for her manager. If she was the manager, I would ask for the number and address to the regional and national office as well as her full name. And I would be sure to let her know that I will be reporting her inappropriate behavior.

Truthfully, you still should report her to someone higher up the ladder. like you said "Don't you DARE touch me!"

ETA: Moreover, why the f**k does she care if you are or aren't listing what they have? I thought the purpose of a store was to sell items, you know, move the products. Telling someone what they have or GASP,taking pics doesn't seem like it would deter business in any way, shape or form. Seriously, wtf is her problem?

LMD84

i'm pretty sure i would have lost it! i work in a store and no matter what happens you never touch a customer!! esp in your case when you were doing nothing wrong. i've never heard of not being able to tell people what stock there is! when my mum goes into one for me (not one near me) she's on her mobile to me reeling off everything they have for me to say yes or no to!!! i would seriously be writing a letter of complaint about that woman.

oh and just because you look young and have a certain style doesn't deserve you to be watched any more closely than anybody else. i soon learnt years ago that you really can't judge a book by it's cover! once this young guy came into my shop dressed in a ratty looking tracksuit. my staff didn't want to approach him because they assumed he was a time waster and had no money. but i pushed them into it and the guy spent about 2k on products
smiles.gif
so treat everybody the same!

iadoremac

OMG i must commend you on your patience because I know I would have cussed her out. She had no right to touch you thats practically harrassment. In fact I dont think there is any law against using your cell phone in a store WTF. i think you should have reported her though

BloodMittens

I plan on writing a forceful e-mail about it. Or calling up the manager of the store. Judging me like that was unfair, and it shouldn't happen, I don't like when people touch me in the first place, but I think I was in such shock that she actually DID touch me.

aziajs

Ok....were you at Aurora? If so, I am not surprised. I have always gotten horrible service there with the exception of one girl, who eventually left to go work elsewhere. I would send an email to Estee Lauder ASAP.

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Random people touching me is a way for someone to get motherfucking hurt.

Exactly.

I'm not one of those "fight over anything" people but I damn sure would have slapped her hand away from me. That's WAY passed crossing the line. And WTF! You're not allowed to tell your friend what they have in case they want something...hrmmm...she was definitely judging you.

You should go back to the store. If the lady is there, ask her straight up for her full name and ask for the contact information for their HR department. This needs to be dealt with. It's just not okay.

panda0410

It actually constitutes an assualt. Theres a reason stores have very set policies about putting hands on customers - ie DONT - and this is one of them. And its bad P R as well....

I would definitely lodge a complaint with Estee Lauder!!

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Ok....were you at Aurora? If so, I am not surprised. I have always gotten horrible service there with the exception of one girl, who eventually left to go work elsewhere. I would send an email to Estee Lauder ASAP.

I promptly did so. And I ended up calling the store and complaining. Aurora has never been bad for me, there was this one girl who worked there or works there, and she was awesome. But this was unacceptable.

Mabelle

wow. just wow.This is.... just wow! i dont even know what else to say about this psycho bitch!

I used to be a bit of a "punkie junkie" (as my bf says) when i was in high shcool... but moreso the raver/punk look in early 2000s. Anyway, the way people treated me/whispered about me was incredible! Mean, cruel things, and i was 15!! I used to have short spikey hair (bad haircut, and i knew it) and a father saw me, turned to his daughter and flat out said "And you thought i had bad hair!" I turned to him and said "Dude, im 15. What's your excuse? You're just an asshole" Another time a soccer mom made fun of my hat at Disney world and then my lisp (which was because i had just had major jaw surgery). And people pulling there children away from my baggy jeans. I mean, they were ridiculously baggy (36" circum. for a leg) but they don;t eat people!!

At least i had always been treated well in the service industry.
What did they say when you phoned?

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
wow. just wow.This is.... just wow! i dont even know what else to say about this psycho bitch!

I used to be a bit of a "punkie junkie" (as my bf says) when i was in high shcool... but moreso the raver/punk look in early 2000s. Anyway, the way people treated me/whispered about me was incredible! Mean, cruel things, and i was 15!! I used to have short spikey hair (bad haircut, and i knew it) and a father saw me, turned to his daughter and flat out said "And you thought i had bad hair!" I turned to him and said "Dude, im 15. What's your excuse? You're just an asshole" Another time a soccer mom made fun of my hat at Disney world and then my lisp (which was because i had just had major jaw surgery). And people pulling there children away from my baggy jeans. I mean, they were ridiculously baggy (36" circum. for a leg) but they don;t eat people!!

At least i had always been treated well in the service industry.
What did they say when you phoned?

Apparently that woman WAS the manager. But I still said that was no excuse for the way I was treated. I UNDERSTAND that people sell these things on ebay for more than they are worth. HELL, but still, don't touch me. And don't stare me down.

TISH1124

You can text...Write or do whatever the hell you want...Are you friggin' kidding me...OMG by the time Security got there there would have been more serious issues than her problem with me texting.....That is stupid...I go in there and text, call and write stuff down all the time....Not to mention they will tell you what they have if you call on the phone!! Not sure wtf is happening but my friend here just had to lodge a complaint at the CCO here...not touching but another form of harrassment

But the touching me would have got her wig split....Wide open!!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
Apparently that woman WAS the manager. But I still said that was no excuse for the way I was treated. I UNDERSTAND that people sell these things on ebay for more than they are worth. HELL, but still, don't touch me. And don't stare me down.

Wow, her behavior was ridiculous!! They have that giant poster stating their policies, and the last time I checked, texting wasn't listed as a banned activity. If they really think texting is adding to the e-bay-resale problem, then they should add it to that policy poster.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Wow, her behavior was ridiculous!! They have that giant poster stating their policies, and the last time I checked, texting wasn't listed as a banned activity. If they really think texting is adding to the e-bay-resale problem, then they should add it to that policy poster.

Exactly. Just tell me kindly, no reason to get all crazy touchy lady on me.

xKiKix

those ppl were crazy! i still cant believe they told you that you cant use your phone... thats just stupid... i applaud you for not slapping the crap out of her... lol...