Dry paint pots

User49

I've had the same problem with other brands. I would take it to the shop and ask for an exchange! x

noahlowryfan

i got this great tip from EnkoreMakeup from youtube. when you purchase your paint pot, scrape some out into a sample jar and use that. he said that it can dry out if you keep opening and closing the jar.

Bernadette

First thing I ask customers when they come in with dry fluidelines (haven't had anyone bring in a dry paint pot) is "Do you keep your makeup in your bathroom or your car?" Most of the times it's one or the other. The constant temperature/humidty change can spoil products. People seem shocked when they find this out, it only seems like common sense.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i got this great tip from EnkoreMakeup from youtube. when you purchase your paint pot, scrape some out into a sample jar and use that. he said that it can dry out if you keep opening and closing the jar.

This is the first thing I suggest. It's all about prevention because repairing the damage once it's done is a bitch. I use one of the scoops you can get from the counters or Sally Beauty or anywhere and I scoop a small amount out and use it from there. I just dip my brush into the scoop. I have had my Blacktrack fluidline for 3 years without any problems. *knocks on wood*

sherrle

okay, kinda on topic.....i got a paint pot today and i can't open it! the paint inside does look kinda weird from what i can see. has anyone else had this happen? if my bf can't get it open or its totally messed up i'll just take it back, but i'm just curious....

Pris8021

Yes I have seen the stuck lid!!! It is actually kindof funny because it truly seems impossible to be able to open it. I ended up tapping the lid portion, on it's side, on a wooden counter top, GENTLY, but with enough force to break the seal of the screwtop. (almost like a jam jar!) It opened fine afterward and now opens and closes normally.

Christina983

I dont have mixing medium currently so i tried a little fix+, bad idea, i bought it from mac online so i cant take it to the store..ugh to the backtomac pile it goes.
thanks everyone for the suggesttions.

gigglegirl

mine are still great so I can't try this but I wonder if maybe they would work with heating them up a bit? (like put some on a brush and put by a desk lamp?)

clamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrle
okay, kinda on topic.....i got a paint pot today and i can't open it! the paint inside does look kinda weird from what i can see. has anyone else had this happen? if my bf can't get it open or its totally messed up i'll just take it back, but i'm just curious....

HAhaha yeah. The first time you open it, it's really hard because I think they air seal it or something. Same with the tendertones, I had mine upside down and when I opened it for the first time it was still flat if that makes sense and then after you open it for the first time the air circulates so if you store it on its side, the balm will melt into a different shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina983
Help! my paint pot is drying out and it wont go on as smooth anymore.

any sugguestions??

Scrape of the top layer where it is most dry and underneath it might be a little smoother.

kokometro

I don't think Paint pots have a long shelf life. I try to split mine with my bff-sister in Mac (SIM). I'm using the heck out of Bare Study and Rubenesque, but the darker colors not so much so I really want them to stay fresh.

I had a Studio Tech dry out and the MA told me that sometimes the product is just old when it's on the shelf. It might have fallen behind something or stock wasn't rotated correctly. I would think that they would exchange it for another of the same even if it came from Mac online.

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrle

Yep! i had the same problem with the one that I just got, I had to try a few times before I can finally open it up. The inside looks ok. i guess they make it really tied to prevent it from drying out

purrtykitty

I'm having the same drying problem with a couple of my paintpots, too. I'm going to transfer some to smaller containers, but I was wondering which mixing medium should I add to cream them back up again...the water base, gel, or eyeliner.

cloudburst

I run my paint pot lids under some hot tap water & that loosens them up. But I know, the first one I tried to open I almost hurt my wrist doing it!

Glassdoll

mine is beginning to dry out too. Like u can see at the bottom of the pot, the paint is beginning to seperate from the pot. I guess i will have to try enkore's method cos i can't afford to have my paintpots all drying out. i have way too many of them to finish them up fast enough.

romi79_2008

Last year I purchased Perky and Moss scape, and perky got a lot of love and they still are very creamy.Last month after tons of great reviews I purchased painterly and bare study online.
I used to live in Us now I live in eastern europe, but my parents still live there so I order online send the products to them and they send them to me, they get to me in aprox 1 month
Anyway I noticed those 2 aren`t as creamy as the two I bought last year and they smell somehow different.Any idea why, did they changed the texture?, i`m a little dissapointed because I have very dry lids
ssad.gif

NewlyMACd

yep mine are getting dry as well. my groundwork p/p. imma try scraping off the top layer.

yep and I had the problem with the top you can't open. I just tap the top of it on my counter or something like I would a jar of pickles or something. works like a charm

Latest posts