• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

DuWop: Lip Venom (lip plumping lipgloss)

samtaro

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 3.5
Packaging: 5

A little pricey, but amazing on my lips. Some people think that it burns, so I reccomend trying it at a counter or asking for a sample, but I love the smell (peppery cinnamon) and the effect it has on my lips.

bront82

Overall Rating: 2
Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 2
Would you buy this product again? No

This is by far the worst lip-plumping product I have tried so far. Firstly, it didn't do much for my lips which react v. well to other products. Secondly, the smell is strong enough to stink up an entire room. For the money, I feel that Too Faced Lip Injection is superior and LipFusion gets the job done without making you smell like a rancid spice rack.

msthrope

Overall Rating: 5 as a gloss/1 as a plumper
Price [Value]: 2.5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? absolutely yes

it doesn't plump worth a hoot, but it feels soooooooo amazing on. i am totally addicted to this stuff. the same rumors float around about it and altoids, but i can't say etiher way at this point. the venom gloss is just about as tingley for a much better value, but i also find it to be stickier/goopier.

talk2mesun

DuWop - Lip Venom

Overall Rating: 3.5
Price [Value]: 2
Packaging Quality: 3.5

General Comments on this product: I love Lip Venom's taste and smell, but it was very overpriced and didn't really "plump" my lips up at all. If I was Paris Hilton and could randomly throw money away, I'd use Lip Venom regularly as a lip gloss, but for the rest of the world who has to budget I'd say it's not a smart buy. ;o|
The burn makes it seem like it's doing something to your lips, but hey, so does piling on some Vicks. Save your money, lol.

Hikaru-chan

Overall Rating: 1
Price: 1
Packaging Quality: 3
Would you buy this product again? No.

I bought this because it was being featured in all the magazines and everyone was giving it rave reviews but it's actually a load of overated rubbish.
It's very expensive and you only get the tiniest amount, it stings like hell but doesn't plump and smells cheap and nasty.
Gave it too my sister who gave it to the trash can.

powder_puff

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5
Would you buy this product again? Er, Yes

I love the tingling feeling, that's pretty much the reason I bought it. My lips have become so immune to products like these, I don't feel like it's strong at all. A gimmick, Yes. But it does bring circulation to the lips making it redder. It's so tiny though, I think they really could have made it a full lip gloss at least. I would buy it again if by the end of the bottle I can still feel the tingle because I think my lips might wear off of it, and I won't feel it anymore

Glow

Overall Rating: 3.4
Price: 2
Packaging: 3

My mother purchase it for herself in the summer. However I ended up stealing it from her. It burns for a little bit, and makes your lips look gorgeous. The stuff stays for a little bit too. It doesn't do what it was marketed to do though. Which was senseless. I pick this stuff up as a normal gloss.

pinotnoir

Packaging: 4

I think the scent is quite strong and it does what it says it would but, I wish that it was less drying. Once the make up is off, my lips look almost shrivelled up. I still use it when I need that extra Ooomph!

kaliraksha

Overall Rating: 3
Would you purchse again? No.

Comments- It was alright... it plumps for like 20 minutes. It's great for before pics...or a grand entrance =)... otherwise the lasting power is weak and probably not worth the money. I haven't tried much else in this category... but I don't think I would purchase again... it was a fun one time thing.

TM26

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 3
Would you purchse again? Yes

Comments:
I love this stuff. I love using the gloss and the silver flash venom over top. I love how the silver flash makes my lips shine and yes this stuff makes my lips plump. They do not make them huge but noticeabley plumper that my friends notice. It does tingle but I don't feel it burns on my lips. Personally I think this stuff works just as well if not better than the more pricy ones. Will definetly purchase again.

XxTinker_BellxX

Doesnt work worth a damn for me, and i heard so many people go on and on about how wonderful it was. so here i am stuck with this 22 dollar waste of money. It IS good as a gloss but why not go buy a clear one for cheaper? It makes my lips this wierd red color, i loved the tingley-ness but not worth the money. I own two-faced Lip Injections and it works alot better, but not amazingly well on me either. Maybe my lips are too big already?

XxTinker_BellxX

buy it again?: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesnt work on me at all, the package made it seem so much bigger than it was. It was a waste of money..... and turned my lips this wierd red color. HORRIBLE! I tryed Lip injections as well, its bette rthan this but doesnt work to well for me either.

vgarcia

Overall Rating: 1
Packaging Quality: 3

does not plump lips! idk why i bought it, i have big lips to begin with. it burned a lil making it feel like it does something but it does NOTHING. the packaging is OK. the gloss got spilled over the top. its just 16 bucks. i ended up using it as a lip gloss, not a lip plumper

Shanti

Overall: 3.5
Packaging: 2

Raves: I love the cinnamon smell, the tingle/hot/cold sensation on my lips, how shiny the gloss is, and how it slightly reddens my lips.
Rants: It doesn't "plump", the size is ridiculously tiny for what you pay for, and the texture is almost like liquid glue.

I won't repurchase, but if someone were to buy me this as a gift I'd be happy. =]

Miss Thing

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I like the tingly feeling too, I thought all lip plumpers had that because its basically like an allergice reaction on your lips.I feel that it keeps my lips swollen for a while. My lips are already full though

here is a pic I took with it on

without

Is there a difference? :confused: lol

katiecarnage

Overall Rating: 4.5
Would you buy this product again? Definately

This makes my lips plump more than any other product i've tried. I'm a big fan of the cinnamon taste/smell as well. I use it pretty much every day.

msmack

Packaging: 5
Would you buy this product again? probably, maybe if it's a good deal on ebay...

OK... I love this gloss for it's taste and smell... so nice! As far as a plumper (being a gal with pretty full lips..) I couldn't say it did a whole lot. But I love it as a GLOSS. The sting-y feeling i like as well. It definatly brings out some color in my lips, and lasts awhile if you aren't smoking or drinking lol

I would hope for someone to buy me this as a gift so i wouldn't have to part with my hard earned cash for an expensive lip gloss!
FOR THE RECORD: I purchased a 7ml double sized one off ebay (the original formula) and the tube that it came in was great, could fit a few needed items in there (tweezers etc..) so i thought that was handy. I also purchased the 'silver flash' one.... not too impressed. THE SILVER WAS NON-EXISTANT! Not that i wanted gobs of glitter or something... but this was barely noticable, if at all. Perhaps the gold one has a bit more shimmer in it but i am not going to shell out the $$$ to find out.

claire87john

I got this product a while back after an impulse buy at sephora. This was back when lip plumpers were such a big thing. i like this product as a nice gloss over a lip stain...i can feel the tingle almost like the gloss has cinnamon in it, but I dont think it does ANYTHING for actually plumping your lips. I will use the rest of this product up, but I dont think I will repurchase duwop lip venom again .