Dyed my hair reddish-brown FOTN

p3nut

You can buy shampoo and conditioners that are meant for dyed or natural red head's, and it's supposed to bring out the color more. John Frieda carries a gloss my mom uses, which refreshes your color while you shower!

it is a lot of work to maintain red, though. I had pink hair for almost three years... a lot of root touch ups and such ;\

& You look GORGEOUS as a redhead!!

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtnyks
I did the same thing as you....went from blonde to a reddish/brown tone. I wash my hair every other day and use Pureology as well as Artec Color Depositing shampoo and conditioner in Cherry Bark. It still fades, but I'm at 5 weeks right now and it still has some red tones. You could also ask your stylist to mix some of the color he/she used (or a toner) in with a conditioner. I have done that before and it really helps.

ahh that is a genius idea! The reddish brown is a at home dye job though, but I`ll still ask

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3nut
You can buy shampoo and conditioners that are meant for dyed or natural red head's, and it's supposed to bring out the color more. John Frieda carries a gloss my mom uses, which refreshes your color while you shower!

it is a lot of work to maintain red, though. I had pink hair for almost three years... a lot of root touch ups and such ;\

& You look GORGEOUS as a redhead!!

I looked around at the drugstore yesterday, and the only had special haircare products for Blondes and Brunettes, not for Redheads. Grr makes me mad

Heiaken

You look stunning and the new colour look even better on you than what you had before
smiles.gif

Dyed red hair is infamous when it comes to fading, it is the colour that fades the quickest, but you can make it last longer by washing and coditioning with products that are ment for red hair. Those shampoos and conditioners are red in colour and they have some dyeing particles that will brighten your colour. I use Wella Lifeflex Colour Reflect shampoo and conditioner for my red hair and it really makes the vibrancy last longer.

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrrra
I love that color! do you by any chance know what level it is??

level? Do you mean if it´s a semipermanent or permanent color? If so, it is a permanent color, but the red faded fast and left behind a medium brown with a slight hint of red undertone

aleksis210

WOW you seriously look amazing and you make me want to dye my hair dark and no one makes me feel that way! haha. Love the red tones, those are always my fav. in dark hair and they do fade so fast, but I don't have any tips on how to prevent it.
ssad.gif

MACLovin

Very pretty, that color looks great on you
greengrin.gif

and I agree with the colored conditioner! I got my color done at Aveda and it's so gorgeous, it's a deep chocolate cherry shade, and they do the custom blend shampoo and conditioners with the same color they put in your hair.

I asked the stylist if I were to get only one of the two, which would be the most beneficial and he told me the conditioner, because you let it sit longer in your hair.. and just make sure the shampoo you use is color-safe. I use Aveda Color Conserve shampoo along with my custom blend conditioner every few washes (i just rotate with another color-protecting conditioner). They can make it at any intensity level you want! I told him to go as intense as possible, haha. You can REALLY tell the difference after I do it, it deposits quite a bit of pigment. It even kind of stains my hands a little in the shower if I don't rinse it off right away, lol..

I'd highly recommend Aveda, their color products are amazing. And mostly natural too, which is definitely a plus for me!

AliVix1

omg you look awesome awesome awesome!! ive been wanting to go brownish red for a while now and i think uve inspired me to finally do it!!

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
WOW you seriously look amazing and you make me want to dye my hair dark and no one makes me feel that way! haha. Love the red tones, those are always my fav. in dark hair and they do fade so fast, but I don't have any tips on how to prevent it.
ssad.gif

aw thanks! In fact, whenever I visit your blog now I wished I would have looked more like you when I was blonde. But instead it kinda washed me out and made me look so innocent, I hate it! lol

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Very pretty, that color looks great on you
greengrin.gif

and I agree with the colored conditioner! I got my color done at Aveda and it's so gorgeous, it's a deep chocolate cherry shade, and they do the custom blend shampoo and conditioners with the same color they put in your hair.

I asked the stylist if I were to get only one of the two, which would be the most beneficial and he told me the conditioner, because you let it sit longer in your hair.. and just make sure the shampoo you use is color-safe. I use Aveda Color Conserve shampoo along with my custom blend conditioner every few washes (i just rotate with another color-protecting conditioner). They can make it at any intensity level you want! I told him to go as intense as possible, haha. You can REALLY tell the difference after I do it, it deposits quite a bit of pigment. It even kind of stains my hands a little in the shower if I don't rinse it off right away, lol..

I'd highly recommend Aveda, their color products are amazing. And mostly natural too, which is definitely a plus for me!

thank you for the tips, I will have to find out if we even have any salons here in Austria that carry Aveda...but I think I have seen it at a salon here somewhere

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian_Babe
thank you for the tips, I will have to find out if we even have any salons here in Austria that carry Aveda...but I think I have seen it at a salon here somewhere

No problem!

It looks like you do in fact have Aveda in Austria, but once I change to that country I can't read the site anymore to find locations, lol

here is the link though: Aveda - Deutschland, Österreich & Schweiz

Hope that helps!
greengrin.gif
Even if you don't have your color done there, I'm sure they could match you up to whatever suits you and still make the conditioner for you. I love Aveda
bigheart.gif

Austrian_Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
No problem!

It looks like you do in fact have Aveda in Austria, but once I change to that country I can't read the site anymore to find locations, lol

here is the link though: Aveda - Deutschland, Österreich & Schweiz

Hope that helps!
greengrin.gif
Even if you don't have your color done there, I'm sure they could match you up to whatever suits you and still make the conditioner for you. I love Aveda
bigheart.gif

ohh thank you so much, I found a couple of places in my city that carry Aveda!

Latest posts