dying my hair

kimmae17

ok this is not super exciting but i wanted advice. i have always been a pretty pale blonde

this is my old hair color (i am second from left)
l_dd4dede842bf7dcfd19aa1fbef827d5c.jpg

this is most recent pic of my ( i am in middle) i am paler and my hairs a bit darker
n11312716_37894818_4235.jpg

this is me as a kid. i would describe that as a dark golden blonde yes????
when i described that shade to my hair colorist they said i shouldnt go golden since i have pink cheeks. but my skin is odd its kinda yellow based but then i have pinkish cheeks
l_af0bf48e80f8301e9c8769c4ae784c29.jpg

i really like this hair color and was going to bring this pic. do you think it would look good on me????i just hate in the winter when i am pale i feel so washed out with light hair and light skin, i think darker would look better.
whitney-port-bedroom-15.jpg

flower-power_512x732.jpg

or does anyone have any other hair color suggestions???? i am afraid to go to dark, just cuz i dont have the money to keep it up if it fades alot. the guy i go to uses goldwell and i have had success with it so far. it doesnt seem to fade

stronqerx

wow whitneys hair color is gorgeous in the first pic..i would def go with that color, it would look really nice on you...it kinda looks like ur natural hair color just a teeny bit darker. Go for it !

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
wow whitneys hair color is gorgeous in the first pic..i would def go with that color, it would look really nice on you...it kinda looks like ur natural hair color just a teeny bit darker. Go for it !

yeah i was thinking it looks like my hair color when i was a kid. thats why i dont get why people keep telling me i cnat have that color because of the pink in my skin, considering I already HAD that color

MUALindsay

That's a lovely color!!! So lovely, I might have to steal it! Hehe! I'm a natural dirty blonde. I HATE ashy hair, so more golden (without being RED) is what I tend to go for. I would say I have NO pink in my skin, except for the fact I have slight rosacea... so does that mean I shouldn't have golden hair? Heck no, stupid stylist of yours!

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrGrndM99
That's a lovely color!!! So lovely, I might have to steal it! Hehe! I'm a natural dirty blonde. I HATE ashy hair, so more golden (without being RED) is what I tend to go for. I would say I have NO pink in my skin, except for the fact I have slight rosacea... so does that mean I shouldn't have golden hair? Heck no, stupid stylist of yours!

thats exactly how i feel i HATE ashy blondes. and when i keep being told i needto stick to cool colors because of the pink tones in my skin i want to scream. i dont want orangish hair, i want that dark golden blonde!

Blueeyesangel18

The first pic of whitneys hair colour is gorgeous you should go for that colour I really think it would suit you fine

kimmae17

now should i go get a full color>??? usually i just get highligt, or in this case low lights. i guess that wouldnt be enough?

kimmae17

bump . . .now should i go get a full color>??? usually i just get highligt, or in this case low lights. i guess that wouldnt be enough?

kimmae17

alright so this is the new hair color!

n11312716_38518355_6753.jpg

n11312716_38549004_5925.jpg

what do you all think???? it got it done about a month ago so its already fading. now i am trying to decide if i want to go darker, lighter or the same!

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmae17
alright so this is the new hair color!
what do you all think???? it got it done about a month ago so its already fading. now i am trying to decide if i want to go darker, lighter or the same!

I love it!!! I ended up dying mine too.
greengrin.gif
We went a little dark, a level 4, because of all the blonde in my hair. She also went warm b/c if it's too cool, my hair tends to turn green. I haven't noticed much (if any) fading, but good shampoo/conditioner helps with that. ((I'm actually afraid to use my Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment even though it's supposed to be color safe.))

Here's some pics of me: SlvrGrndM99's Make-up Haven: 1.23-24.09 - 2 Looks & 2 Hauls

Jessica0984

I think you should keep it like the first picture you posted of your new hair. It looks much healthier and more natural.
I totally agree with you about the ash colors. I have pink in my cheeks and every stylists suggests that I go with cool red tones. When I have copper red tones in my natural light brown hair. What's up with that? I know they can see them too!

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
I think you should keep it like the first picture you posted of your new hair. It looks much healthier and more natural.
I totally agree with you about the ash colors. I have pink in my cheeks and every stylists suggests that I go with cool red tones. When I have copper red tones in my natural light brown hair. What's up with that? I know they can see them too!

the first pic is the day i got it done, the second pic is almost a month later. i assume if i get the same color done again, it wont fade as much and will stay more true to the first photo. yeah i get so confused about the cool/warm theories. my hair was always a warmish blonde but i had pink cheeks. so why would i go w cool color for my hair??

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
It should stay better this time around. Did they put a filler on your hair to begin with? Or just color?

no filler just straight color.

kimmae17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrGrndM99
I love it!!! I ended up dying mine too.
greengrin.gif
We went a little dark, a level 4, because of all the blonde in my hair. She also went warm b/c if it's too cool, my hair tends to turn green. I haven't noticed much (if any) fading, but good shampoo/conditioner helps with that. ((I'm actually afraid to use my Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment even though it's supposed to be color safe.))

Here's some pics of me: SlvrGrndM99's Make-up Haven: 1.23-24.09 - 2 Looks & 2 Hauls

your color looks great!!! yeah i am always afraid of cool colors because my hair turned green once! it was HORRIBLE. i heard that the ojon was NOT color safe so i only use it when i know i am getting it colored again soon. i use pureology which i LOVE>

Jessica0984

You should tell your stylist to apply a filler before the coloring. It will help you keep your color. You can also use color maintenence shampoo.

Latest posts