E/s help!

fashionette

I'm getting more and more into eyeshadows, I'm still more of a blush/lipgloss/lipstick girl because I prefer neutral eyes. Anyway, I just used up my favorite brown eyeshadow palette (from a brand I can't even get here in Sweden) and since I only own 1 mac shadow (sushi flower) I was thinking about buying some e/s from mac.

So I'm looking for 3-4 colors that I can use everyday, on their own and combined.
So probably a highlighter, one for the crease, one for the lid and a liner, maybe I'll make my own little quad. Not too brassy or coppery, I want the colors to be more neutral and golden/beige/taupey. I was browsing the website and Bamboo, retrospeck, nylon, espresso and sable (among others) sounds interesting, but I have yet to see them in person.

So please recommend some shadows for me, I'm an NC15, blue eyes, brown hair. Oh, and I'd really like a stila kitten dupe from Mac, or at least something similar, that color looks amazing but I can no longer buy Stila here in Sweden and that sucks.

Thanks in advance!
smiles.gif

fashionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
Gosh im even more now in the hauling mood and i just woke up 10 minutes ago....

definately take a look at this thread before you go:
http://specktra.net/f188/4-neutral-must-have-e-s-83864/

really helpful imo!!!

And show us what you get from your haul!!!!!

Haha, yeah, really feel like I need to spend some bucks, even if i spent a fortune on Friday on lipglasses and blushes, but that doesn't count
greengrin.gif

Thank you so much!
smiles.gif

KittieSparkles

These are my color suggestions:

Light colors: Shroom, Ricepaper, Vanilla, Naked Lunch
Darker Matte Colors: Carbon, Embark, Expresso
Darker non-matte colors: Woodwinked, Bronze, Satin Taupe

Any combination of those colors would be great for a neutral eye but I do suggest that in whatever quad you make to have Vanilla and Carbon. Vanilla is just a great color all around and Carbon is great if you want to add a little bit of a dark color to your neutral eye for going out at night, as an eyeliner, etc.

user68

I'm also NC15 with blue eyes and brown hair.

My neutral quad consists of Shroom, Retrospect, Bronze, and Woodwinked <3

I have filled a palette with brown neutrals but the above are my favourites.

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionette
Haha, yeah, really feel like I need to spend some bucks, even if i spent a fortune on Friday on lipglasses and blushes, but that doesn't count
greengrin.gif

Thank you so much!
smiles.gif

Lol i know exactly. Wed-Thur i spent at 3 diff MAC counters. not good.

Amaranth

You NEED Woodwinked! Haha, it can be used so it looks neutral or it can be used with a brighter colour and it still looks amazing. Such a pretty colour.

I like Phloof! as a highlight personally. It's shiny but on the pinkish side so it looks more natural than some of the whiter ones out there.

I also really like to use Blackberry as the darker colour of my neutral eye. It's on the purple side, but I just fins it looks more natural on me when dusted on with a blending brush than any brown does.

Good luck, have fun!

I'm an NC15 as well.

I love Woodwinked for neutral looks. It seems to work for everyone and you can use it with so many different color combos.

My choice highlighter is Ricepaper.

Goldmine is a really pretty gold. And Amber Lights is another great color I like to throw into more neutral looks.

Latest posts