Ebay help! I can't view ANY health or beauty products :(

IDontKnowMomo

Okay, so any time I click on any listing on ebay that is under health and beauty I get this error

"Dear User:
Unfortunately, access to this particular listing or item has been blocked due to a Paris commercial court decision that bans trade of certain authentic perfumes and cosmetic products on eBay because of French selective distribution laws. eBay is appealing this ruling but is nevertheless required to enforce it. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to comply with this court decision. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of the decision because of limitations on existing technology.
Thank You."

NOBODY else seems to be getting this error.
Help!

TISH1124

I am not getting that message...sorry I have no idea how to help you...have you tried sending a email to Ebay CS

IDontKnowMomo

Not yet, but I'm on it
ssad.gif

Thanks for checking <3

TISH1124

Did you try logging off and logging back in sometimes when I click on a AU listing it keeps me stuck in the AU listings until I log off and go back in

IDontKnowMomo

That didn't work :/
It was doing this when I didn't even have an account. I got one an hour ago to see if it would make the error go away and it did not.

IDontKnowMomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
Yeah, or google some ebay item, then click on that link, maybe it'll work that way
th_dunno.gif

That didn't work either
ssad.gif

kaliraksha

What are you searching for? I searched for a few things and it seemed to work. Try logging out of your ebay and searching to see if it's linked to your account or your IP address.

I tried to do a google search and didn't find anything specific... this links seems related:

eBay Answer Center: pH strips and perfume ban? ...

Someone suggested it's a language selection on your browser....

Otherwise, yeah I would ask Ebay... they usually have live chat support.

TISH1124

They do have Live chat I think if you are a Business ....I had problems before but it was because I needed to clear out my browser then log off and back on the computer

astronaut

I get that same message everytime I'm on ebay using Camino. On firefox, I can view beauty products perfectly fine.

IDontKnowMomo

That might be it! I use Camino! I'll dl Firefox and then update
smiles.gif

ETA: Ahhh that worked *hug*
Idk why I didn't think of trying another browser!

ForgetRegret

yahoo.gif
Yaaaay!
I was sitting here trying to come up with suggestions that hadn't been made yet...LOL Glad it's working now!

IDontKnowMomo

Awehh haha, thanks!
I was so confident in Camino D:
Well, I still am, actually. This is the only problem I've had so far, and I might be able to fix it if I mess around with the preferences enough.

The bad part is... I've already started buying things...

Latest posts