Enabling for a lippie haul please!

Septemba

I've got a baby collection of MAC lippies so the time has come to go a'haulin.
cutey.gif

So far I've got Hue, Myth, Missy, Pure Rose, Pretty Please, Syrup, VGV and Lollipop Lovin'.

I like soft pinks, nudes and peaches and I want to get more but I need to branch out a bit too so I'm open to anything!

I'm about NW15 with dark brown hair and pale blue eyes, medium pigmented lips if it helps!

TIA, guys.
smiles.gif

Skin*Deep

I love nudey pinks as well, some of my faves are Blankety, Hug Me, and VGII... when I'm feeling fierce and I want to break away from my norm I go for deep reds like O, VGVI, or Enraptured.....

panda0410

^^Need to becareful with O as a *deep red* .... its a funny colour for most people and on me is actually a pinky plum with gold and its gorgeous!!

VGV is really pretty neutral pink and if you can get Marque still from Monogram thats DEFINITELY worth having
winks.gif
Pure Rose is gorgeous, but I see you have that..... hehehe. You might still be able to get Ahoy There which is a lovely pale pink or Angel is a gorgeous soft pink frost. Politely Pink and Snob are also really pretty! If you like the Cremesheens which are TDF then try Fanfare for pink - or Creme De Nude - its one of the best nudes ever!!!

Longstem Rose is a gorgeous pink if you like the slim shine texture

Skin*Deep

panda0410;1473525 You might still be able to get Ahoy There which is a lovely pale pink or Angel is a gorgeous soft pink frost. [/quote said:
I LOVE Ahoy, There!!! I'm also digging the slimshine I just got in Ultra Elegant...I got a l/e from Nordstroms holiday treats called naked to the core...I think it might actually be ther perfect nude color for me...too bad it's l/e =(

Girl about town

im a pinky peachy nudey kinda gal and i can recommend Angel (my HG pink)
Kinda sexy, and creme d nude.You might like snob too if you like cool toned pinks, and pink noveau is absolute perfection!!!

Septemba

Thank you so much for all the recs, guys! This is so helpful - keep em comin'!
greengrin.gif

Wow patatafrita, that is a stunning color, thank you for posting a pic. I never would have checked it out by the swatch on MAC online but it really suits you and I think it would suit me too!

patatafrita

Yes, it is a spectacular color, very bright and happy. Lights up your face instantly! (this last phrase sounds like an advertisement
smiles.gif
)

dreamer246

These are not sheer colors, but if you're willing to venture out of your comfort zone, do check them out (I'm sure you'll not be disappointed)!
smiles.gif

Eager (lustre)
Impassioned (amplified)
Girl About Town (amplified)
Pink Nouveau (satin)
Gladiola (matte) from the Dame Edna collection
Coral Polyp (amplified) from the Dame Edna collection
Lustering (lustre)
On Hold (cremesheen)
Capricious (lustre)
Plumful (lustre)
Russian Red (matte)
Ravishing (cremesheen)
Viva Glam IV (frost)
Up The Amp (amplified)

(and the list goes on
greengrin.gif
)

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septemba
I've got a baby collection of MAC lippies so the time has come to go a'haulin.
cutey.gif

So far I've got Hue, Myth, Missy, Pure Rose, Pretty Please, Syrup, VGV and Lollipop Lovin'.

I like soft pinks, nudes and peaches and I want to get more but I need to branch out a bit too so I'm open to anything!

I'm about NW15 with dark brown hair and pale blue eyes, medium pigmented lips if it helps!

TIA, guys.
smiles.gif

Alright hun, I feel a little bad about my previous post. I mean, they are lovely bold lippies, but they may be out of your comfort zone. I'd suggest a few lippies from the colors above.

Hug Me (lustre)
Angel (frost)
Snob (satin)
Modesty (cremesheen)
Hot Gossip (cremesheen)
Jubilee (lustre)
Cosmo (amplified)
Faux (satin)
Brave (satin)
Fanfare (cremesheen)

These are really natural and wearable shades. Enjoy!
smiles.gif

EDIT: Do check out the BBR lipsticks too. There are pretty shades available.
greengrin.gif

Shadowy Lady

If you want to stay within your comfort zone I recommend:
Please Me l/s - my favourite pale pink
Long Stem Roses slimshine - beautiful colour and also texture is very soft, you won't need a gloss on top
Bare slimshine - beautiful peachy colour

To branch out into bolder colours try:
Chatter Box l/s - not that bold but kinda medium pink. The texture is amazing
Girl About Town l/s - this is a bright cool toned fuchsia. I haven't seen anyone who looks bad wearing it

hawaii02

Brave and Cosmo are some of my favorites as is the new (BBR) Quick Tease and Strawberry Blonde l/g.

blindpassion

If you're looking for a red.. I suggest Viva Glam 1. Its a good true Matte red. That would be stepping out of your comfort zone though, of course, but its good to try new things.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
Brave and Cosmo are some of my favorites as is the new (BBR) Quick Tease and Strawberry Blonde l/g.

Hello, I requested lip swatches of Brave and Cosmo some time ago in the swatch thread. Could you kindly post them there? Or if it's too troublesome to dig up my post, could you post them here instead? I'll really appreciate it.

P.S. If you have Faux and Twig lippies, will appreciate a swatch of them as well. On the lips, yeah?
greengrin.gif

JediFarfy

Cosmo is very nice. It's my most natural and favorite l/s! See Sheer is a great peachy color. It's a luster, so I put on a little for a hint, and a lot for more color. It's nice.
greengrin.gif

JF

Latest posts