Ever Been on a Product "Kick?"

cno64

Have any of you ever experienced a time when it seemed like you were almost obsessed with a particular type of cosmetic?
For example, right now I just can't seem to get enough eyeshadows, though I already own over 70 beautiful eyeshadows.
Even I realize that this is ridiculous, but it has occurred to me that I don't have a deep plummy gray shadow, so I'm scouring the internet in hopes of finding one that fits that description.
This, in spite of the fact that I have a vast collection of eyeshadows, with quite a few plums among them.
I did a similar thing with blushes last year, amassing a total of 20.
At that time, I was obsessed with finding the perfect purple blush.
I found it, and while I enjoy having it, it hasn't transformed my life, or anything.
Has anyone else ever done something like this, or am I cracking up?

obscuria

I do this all the time. Eyeshadows were the only things I was getting for a while, and now I'm getting lots of blushes.

TheTeenageMuse

Blush is my weakness. I own 14 MAC, 1 NARS, 2 Estee Lauder and counting. It's funny because you can see a lipgloss and pass it up because it's close to a colour you own but I'll buy the same shade from every cosmetic line. Bobbi Brown and NARS are calling to me.

MzzRach

I can completely relate! I have done this many times.

For the shadow you are looking for now (deep plummy grey) - check out Laura Mercier's Twilight Grey. It's been one of my staples for years.

Viviana

Happens to me also...right now its blushes, even though already own millions, maybe its a psicological thing...well, makes me happy, its all i need to know

vintageroses

Guilty! I was on a HUGE lippie/gloss kick (now trying to do gloss out 2010 to finish up everything!
ssad.gif
) I'm currently obsessed with blushes! I just can't get enough!

panda0410

Yep I've done it.. still do it, its the OCD in all of us
winks.gif
LOLOL!!! Right now I am into fragrances, the last time I had a perfume binge was back in 1999 - even remember the year, hows that for compulsion
rofl.gif
I amassed 15 perfumes, and the following year gave almost all of them away....

Now I have more than twice that many perfumes in my collex, and still looking for a a few more
winkiss.gif

marusia

I'm a very compulsive shopper, so it switches up quite a bit. I just like the days where I just want cheap stuff...the days I have a burning in my pocket are usually the ones I regret! I like skincare and perfumes. Skincare because it's impossible to feel ugly when your face is soft, and perfume because it's impossible to be upset when you smell too damn good!

dmcgeo

Urg. Yes. I started with eyeshadows. Then needed blushers. Then lipglosses. Then foundations. Back to eyeshadows. In MANY ways this is fun. I enjoy planning my purchases (I rarely buy things I don't like now because I do my research). However, things are never as AMAZINGLY transforming as I'd like them to be. Its funny because I know that it won't change my life or give me a new face-- so I don't know what I expect. Its silly, but fun. And as long as you can afford it-- then indulge.

Dr_Girlfriend

Nail polish right now. Before that it was eyeliner. Never done it with blush so maybe I need to jump on that bandwagon?

SmokeSignal16

Yep done this too! I was on a bronzer kick for awhile but kicked that habit for now, well for a lonnng time anyway lol. Lippies and lipglosses seem to be getting me lately and eye products too.

carlycase

that's how i feel about eyeshadows, i own over 100 mac eyeshadows but yet i still want more, makes no sense.

anita22

Yes, right now I can't seem to stop buying foundations and concealers. I've bought so many the last few months, and I really need to stop (especially on non-powder products), otherwise I won't be able to use them up before they're past their best.

HOTasFCUK

I've done eyeshadows, lipglosses, blush, msf's, nailpolish, and right now i'm all about lipsticks! And what happens after this??? I go right back to the beginning of the cycle again??

And i also do this thing where i get obsessed about a brand. Always went crazy for MAC, then Benefit, then i'll start doing cheap, crazy hauls (NYC, Wet'n'Wild, Sally Girl, etc.) and right now i've been building up my NARS collection to the dismay of my bank account! Thank God for swapping! Oh and i have a big NYX haul coming and recently did two huge hauls (30+ pieces each haul) from E.L.F. since April. Stop this madness!!!

The sad thing is i obsess over having a product. I think about, make plans on how to use it, and i hunt it down. But when its in my hands, they hype is over and i'm like meh what's next??? I just found a BNIB Hynotizing eyeshadow in my drawer yesterday which i forget all about! And i still haven't used my Hot, Hot, Hot eyeshadow i wanted badly. And it seems like i just use and wear the same shades and products all over instead of shopping my collection.

RedRibbon

I went through an eyeliner pencil phase, then a lipgloss phase, then lipsticks. Then I changed up to blushers..then the most glamourous of items (nose pore strips..no lie, I had about 6 different boxes I bought and am only now coming to the end of them). I'm currently on a liquid liner binge..it would be sexier if they were the nice coloured and glittery ones but they've all been black.

Latest posts