Everyone is so nice

banana1234

Hey,

I thought I'd start this thread because I'm a newbie (relatively) here, and I've really been taken aback by how nice everyone is on here!

It's not like other forums I've been on in the past for one thing or another, everyone is so supportive of each other, and I think you all deserve a little shout out.

Us girls (and guys on here) need to stick together!

Its hard because so many girls in real life are so mean about each other, and I think its great that people can post FOTDs and tutorials on here, and everyone has something great to say about them, and give them advice and everything. It's a great forum, and I wanted to give everyone a thumbs up for the good work! (especially the creator and mods etc on here!)

Thanks guys!

pdtb050606

I was just thinking the same thing last night, thanks for posting this. This place and the members are pretty great

banana1234

i mistook you for some one else cos of ur profile picture and put a reply in here about something they said the other day, but realised it wasnt you! hehe

i look at it now, and realize the only similarity in pictures are that they were both taken in the car, haha

coachkitten

I agree with what you said Banana1234! I have stayed a member here for so long because I love the positive atmosphere and all of the wonderful people on Specktra! It is such a great community!
specktra_rocks.gif

gildedangel

I love how nice everyone is on here! One time I got a troll response on one of my first FOTD's and everyone shunned them and told me not to listen to them. The kindness and intolerance for rudeness is one of the best qualities of this forum!

stronqerx

That's why i love specktra. In the past I was a member of other forums (non make up related). A lot of people were so nasty and rude, especially the big posters. Everyone on specktra is so nice!

Mabelle

Agreed. I love specktra. Everyone is generally very pretty freakin great.

Ive said mainy times before that i have been a member of myspace beauty groups and taht the girls in there were just down right catty, rude, and elitest. There was the "cool girls" group that could do no wrong, and everyone else shoudl wallow at their feet. It was a total high school mentality.

Anyway, i've seen some of these girls post on here, but generally they are quite. I guess its just obvious that that kinda stuff doesn't fly here and i apriciate it.

I think everyone's attitude, and the effort everyone puts into being nice keeps people in check. When i first joined the group (coming from the not so nice mysapce ones) i went into a tread about race or something, and read what i thought was a ridiculously insensitive remark about my ethnic background. I flipped my shit, and said some nasty things. And i got repremended for it. And thats how it should be. Now whenever i feel a burning rage inside me, i type out everything i want to say. delete it. and then after a while retype a sensored/less attacking/more polite version of what i want to say.

go specktra!!

LMD84

specktra does indeed rock! i like that people are quals here - i never feel like i'm not good enough and if i have ever had a question regarding cosmetics i always gets floods of answers! people are so helpful!

smiles.gif
th_hug.gif

Willa

Thank you guys, I know I'm cool, I make this place famous!
th_LMAO.gif

Ok not. I was kidding (just in case...)

Really, I love it here, no judgment really, and when you come to a point where people need to tell you the truth on something, it's always said in a sweet way. Never had a fight here and I'm happy that it's like that. I said it many times, I came accross Specktra because I got tired of these elitists on Livejournal and other sites, not interesting at all
nonono.gif

Love you guys!
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

BEA2LS

i love this board
smiles.gif
i only am a regular on two boards (this being the only beauty related one, the other deals with debt and money.. an odd hobby of mine).
this has the best group of people here

starbucksmocha

I love it here, too! I agree with people's comments re all that elitist crap that goes on on myspace and other websites like it. It's like, do I want to go through all that highschool bs again? NO! Why would anyone put themselves through that kinda stuff when there is such a great environment here... I hope more people continue to find specktra! It is especially great here for learning and receiving feedback and tips if you are new to makeup. I've only been into makeup for a year now (I am 21) and this has been an invaluable resource! Thanks ladies
greengrin.gif
specktra_rocks.gif

banana1234

i think its maybe cos most of you guys on here have been on something before and moved on, where as the elitists on the other sites are probably still on there cos they think its great, cos its their little group. Leave em to it I say! They're missing out!

Latest posts