• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Eyebrow Tutorial [link]

M

Here is my eyebrow tutorial: Link
Using the slideshow will be your best option

(can someone explain to me how to but a name to my link instead of it showing the link itself?)
hmm.gif

Anyway-PLMK if you need more details or have questions
drinkup.gif

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiagirl73
Your brows are gorgeous! What brushes and products do you use?

I use MAC's 208 and BE's eyebrow brush. For product I use Anastasia's Ex-press brow kit in Brunette. I prefer the lighter ash color which is available separately.

user79

So for Step 3, you use a powder that is slightly lighter in colour than the pencil? Do you only use 1 eyebrow powder colour or 2?

Thanks so much for doing this, I need a new way to do my eyebrows and this is perfect!

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
So for Step 3, you use a powder that is slightly lighter in colour than the pencil? Do you only use 1 eyebrow powder colour or 2?

Thanks so much for doing this, I need a new way to do my eyebrows and this is perfect!

I do only use one color of powder. You don't have to do it this way, just whatever color looks best on you. The darker color in the kit I have is too warm for my liking so I prefer the ashier tone. But I wouldn't be able to wear it w/o also using the pencil because it would look too flat. I like MAC's pencil because it contains enough pigment for me to take care of sparse areas without using a lot of product. Other pencils are usually to transparent pigment wise. I hope this makes sense.
drinkup.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by M
I do only use one color of powder. You don't have to do it this way, just whatever color looks best on you. The darker color in the kit I have is too warm for my liking so I prefer the ashier tone. But I wouldn't be able to wear it w/o also using the pencil because it would look too flat. I like MAC's pencil because it contains enough pigment for me to take care of sparse areas without using a lot of product. Other pencils are usually to transparent pigment wise. I hope this makes sense.
drinkup.gif

Thanks for the tips. I went and bought the MAC Eyebrow pencil in Fling yesterday and used it today in combination with some brown powder, it worked really well, thanks for the tut.

User67

Awesome tutorial! I also have a problem with my inner eyebrows not growing in, so this is going to come in very handy! Thanks so much for doing this!

Blaque35

wow, ur beautiful and I love ur eyebrows. I wish mine would cooperate like yours do. you make it look so easy. Few questions, though: what shade in the anastasia kit did u use exactly to create the arch? And do u use any brow wax to keep everything looking sleek and in place, and also what exactly were you doing with the q tip to exaggerate the arch?

MacVirgin

awesome tut!!! i have a similar tech. (drawing and using stud & powder).... but yours is way better than mine! so i'm shure this is gonna pefect mine. I have a thing for brows you know *brow ocd!!* lol.

Thanks for sharing!!
clap.gif

rchickos

I'm always frustrated with my brows and this tutorial has given me some new ideas on how to make them look more polished - thanks so much!

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaque35
wow, ur beautiful and I love ur eyebrows. I wish mine would cooperate like yours do. you make it look so easy. Few questions, though: what shade in the anastasia kit did u use exactly to create the arch? And do u use any brow wax to keep everything looking sleek and in place, and also what exactly were you doing with the q tip to exaggerate the arch?

I use what they call Brunette 2. It's on the cooler side which looks more natural on me since my eyebrows are really dark. I use Brunette 2 and Stud to create any part of my eyebrow. So my arch is a mixture of both. I'm not sure if you viewed the slideshow, but I believe in the last slide it says I use a spooly with hairspray to keep my brows in place. I prefer this over wax, because hairspray actually holds my eyebrows and wax does nothing but make them waxy
th_rolleye0014.gif
The Q-tip is used to clean up the shape. I don't worry about how perfectly I get the product layed down until the end-which is why I concentrate more on the bottom of my brow than the top-this is much easier to fix. If I think the bottom of my eyebrow is too straight or doesn't have enough arch from below, I can create it by using a Q-tip. I also use it to taper the ends if I feel they are too thick. Then I can go in and adjust the top to create a higher arch etc-with product. Also using the Q-tip helps me to get both of my eyebrows to look nearly the same. They usually look different until I perfect the shape with a Q-tip-unless it's a really good eyebrow day.

HTHS

Latest posts