eyeliner brush

Shawna

Well, all the eye brushes that I know of start with numbers in the 200's. There is no way that is the 222 brush, and I don't think MAC brushes are made in France either. I am pretty sure it is fake. It may be really really old though. I am not familiar enough with older MAC brushes to be sure. If I had to guess, I would say fake.

caffn8me

The older brushes did indeed have two digit numbers - I have a number 17 for example which is now called a 316. My more recent 316 brushes are made in France too. I've not seen a brush with "Made in France" silver blocked on the handle but it's entirely possible that it's genuine but it would be more than ten years old. The font used for the number 22 is consistent with my very old M·A·C brushes.

The seller also has some very old eye shadow for sale from that period which is described as "Has been tested but still over half in it" - in other words "well used". Tested is rather stretching the point. Same with another very old concealer in N7 - a colour M·A·C hasn't done for about 8 years; "tested but still over 2/3rds full". The picture looks pretty manky.

So I'd say genuine, probably not well looked after judging by the state of the cosmetics and very old.

Latest posts