• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Eyeshadow: Beautiful Iris (veluxe pearl)

mspixieears

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes!

Veluxe pearl eyeshadows were really one of the things that caught my attention and got me heavier into MAC. Beautiful Iris is a light purple shimmery eyeshadow that applies like a dream and has a green duochromatic finish. I like to wear it as a wash simply, with Iris Eyes fluidline as eyeliner. I wore this particular combination to work once and got so many compliments, was even asked if I was wearing 2 different eyeshadows!

It's also devastatingly hot on tanned skin - it's a bit deceiving in that you think you don't apply enough and then all of a sudden, bang, you've gone too far and it's death by iridescence! Go out and get it! This is one eyeshadow I'm very passionate about - if you look at my reviews, I don't often like to give 5/5 unless I love it heaps.

Edited to add: I'm roughly NC 20 with a disgusting amount of yellow in my skin (but NW is too orange) - this is a colour I highly recommend for yellow-toned complexions!

Juneplum

well 1st of all it's a VP! NUFF SAID!!!! i looove veluxe pearls... wonderful texture and the color is just gorgeous!!

Hikaru-chan

Would you buy this product again? Yes.

Comments: A lovely pretty shade of lavender. Goes well with other lilac and puple shades.

xiahe

Would you buy this product again? YES ♥

I ♥♥♥ veluxe pearl eyeshadows...they're very smooth and easy to work with, and very pigmented. Like Hikaru-Chan said, it's a lovely shade of lavender that goes well with other lilac and purple shades.

PreTTyAnGeL

Overall rating: 3
Price: 4
Packaging: 5
Would You Buy This Product Again?: no

Ok i guess ill be the minority here and say that i did NOT like this product. I just could not get it to show up on me! I even used it over Iris Eyes Fluidline. Im a NC30-35, asian for reference. I thought that it would come up more vivid but it didnt, and came up super light on me. Maybe i expected too much from the color or something.

pumpkincat210

Would you buy this product again? Yes

I pair this with every other purple I own and it wonderful to blend. Also looks pretty with freshwater and shimmermoss.

Colorqueen

Overall Rating:5
Price Value:5
Packaging Quality : 5
Buy again? No

This is a lot like violet pigment in pan form. Goes on smoothly and is very pigmented, but unfortunately does not last long on me. I did not think that it was intense enough. I prefer the pigments they last a long time on me. Better than most of the MAC shadows I have tried, it is the closest to the pigments of all of the shadows (meaning VPs in general).

pushhupsindrag

this color goes on so smooth and looks goregous! i love to pair it with aquadisiac.

mel0622

Overall Rating: 4
Would you buy this product again? if i run out

Comments: yes this a very beautiful color hence the name 'beautiful' iris. i really like this color its not tooo bright and not too dark cuz u cant wear bright colors every day! i dunno about u but i match my mood w/ my makeup. so if i just wanna be u know there i use this color. lol

cutandrun

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 4
Would you buy this product again? No

Comments: Like one of the posters above, I think I'm in the minority here too, this colour does not show up on me at all!! I am NC20-25 (I'm not sure, just guessing), asian, and unless I get my finger and swirl it round the pan a few times it does not show up on me! I have to get li'lily and put it over it just so it stands out more, but even then it does not do much. Texture is great, but the colour looks so blah on me.

lovejam

Price: 3
Would you buy this product again? Yes.

Such a wonderful shade of lavender. It's one of the very few purples I've ever been able to carry off well. Plus, it's light enough to wear on days when I just want something pretty, but subtle. It looks very nice with the lingerie eyeshadows, and even on it's own with just some mascara and maybe a thin line of Blitz & Glitz.

nobella

Overall Rating: 4
Would you buy this product again? yes

only probelm is that it takes a lot to make the colour show up even on a base but worth the hassle very lovely colour

Kisbee

Overall rating: 5
Would you buy this product again? Definitely

I really struggle with colours that have any pink in them, they seem to bring out the bloodshot in my eyes! But this is such a nice, calming colour I can use it as a neutral or to make really smoky looks dramatic. I've been wearing it either with Top Hat and Smoke and Diamonds quite a lot recently.

kittykit

Overall rating: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

It's recommended by the MAC makeup artist to go with another purple I already have. I love the colour and I'm a sucker for veluxe pearl! They're so so pretty

heygirlhey698

I love the color purple, and purples on my eyes compliment them very nicely. I love this color because it isn't too sheer, or too dark, t's just right

MakeupForMommy

Overall Rating:5 Price:4 Packaging Quality:4 Would you buy this product again: YES I loved this color so much when I first got it I wore it everyday. I kind of forgot about it and now I will make sure to put it to use. It's a beautiful light purple. You can pair with with some darker colors for night time or wear with more natural colors for day time. It reminds me of spring!