Eyeshadow: Carbon (matte)

martygreene

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 3
Would you buy this product again? Yes

General Comments on this product:
Matte black. Much like Black Tied and Beauty Marked, and really any black shadow, when used with a brush it has a tendancy to drop onto your cheeks during application. A simple remedy to this is putting extra loose powder on your cheeks before applying shadow, and then brushing that off with a powder or buffer brush after shadow application. With a single brush application it appears a deep charcoal gray. If going for this effect a base of face powder or VERY dry, non-oily lids is a must, or the color won't deposit evenly. With a second, and for some a third application, it is a deep, true, matte black. One of my personal everyday shadows to use alone or as a powder liner. Priceless for my runway and stage work.

mrsdivajen

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 4

I use this only as a liner, I don't like a lot of eyeliner, just definition, and it's perfect. The pigmentation is great, better than black tied, and I keep it with me always.

Morgana

Overall Rating: 5

This was the first mac product I did purchase, after trying black eyeshadows of almost every brand I found MAC to have the most pigmented and versatile black, good as liner and as smokey eye, I would def. buy this again and again!

mrskloo

Overall rating: 4
Price: 3
Packaging Quality: 5
Would You Buy This Product Again?: Yeah

I love this for that smokey eyed look. Pair it up with black tied as a liner, print and primisque.

joey_zane

Overall rating: 5
Would you buy this prduct again: Yes

I got this shadow in a swap and have been using it lightly in the crease to add depth to my looks to great effect - I find it easy to blend, and it can be applied heavily for a true black or lightly to simply darken the colours already present

ladybugz07

Would you buy this product again? No

Comments: This is just kind of mediocre to me... It looks black in the pot, but always turns quite bluish grey on me... I was hoping to use it for a smokey eye, but I can't do it!

Spam.n.Rice

I just can't blend this color very well for a smokey eye. Or when i think it looks well blended it looks horrible in pictures. But I usually use this as a liner. Maybe if I get better at blending then I would give it a higher rating.

Hikaru-chan

I like this e/s but I use it more as an e/l. Goes on smooth and lasts well.

sincitylulu

I would only use this as an eyeliner.does not blend well.

PreTTyAnGeL

Price: 3
Would you buy this product again? No

A plain black matte e/s. That is all the words i can use to describe it. I will not rebuy because i will never run out! i only use it on the outer crease for a dramatic look. I can buy a plain black shadow from any brand and not spend $10 (pan).

leessuuhh

Most plain black eyeshdows that I have tried before have been really chalky and hard to apply. But Carbon has been very smooth & works well with almost any color, and is fantastic for a smokey eye.

juxt

Would you buy this prduct again: Yes

love love love carbon. its one of my MAC staples.

bohogirl

Would you buy this product again: Yes

This is the first true black I have found which stays puts all night - great for smokey eye.

user4

it's def a staple!!!! u need it!!!!! end of story... it's a great liner, and good for a smoky eye!!! its a great black, no shimmer just black!!!

DaizyDeath

Price [Value]: 5
Packaging Quality:5
Would you buy this product again? yes

I find myself using this mostly around the lash line to create more of a smokey looking eye. Its a good black and everybody needs a good black in their makeup collection. But i would have to agree with some of the others and say its not the most blendable eyeshadow in my collection.

MzEmo

Price [Value]: 5
Packaging Quality:5
Would you buy this product again? yes

This is the best black eye shadow that i have used to date. its great for making panda eyes, smoky eyes, and etc. i think everyone should have this. the bad thing is that it doesnt blend well just like what the others said. other than that its a great product.

justanothergirl

Price Value: 5
Buy again? Yes

Very smooth in texture and my first matte eyeshadow (and my first mac eyeshadow!)

prettygirl

this is my HG eyeshadow.. I LOVE THIS! this color got me addicted to MAC.

strawberry

Would you buy this product again? Yes!

i love carbon as it makes a good smoky eyes and i used it a lot for blending..just great!

neroli_rus

this eyeshadow the best for smokey eyes!