• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Eyeshadow: Carbon (matte)

kaneda

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I've been using carbon a lot really to really intensify my crease (layering it over a colour). It's not the easiest black to blend, but its a staple, which is why I will always rebuy it (although, in all fairness, I'm not sure when that will be, as it doesn't look like I'll ever run out of this!).

perfect010

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes!

This color is one of those colors that is good to have for whenever u want to wear it. it works as a liner or just a eyeshadow. it is a true black, and depending on the way you want to wear it, it can be put on as grayish black or a veryyy deep black.

mimanchi

Great black eyeshadow for smoky eyes. I loveeeeeeee it so much. It's a blackest black e/s I've ever seen (if that's a word
) Other black shadows that I had only look like greyish or charcoal black which can never give you that totally dramatic look.
And I don't know if it's just my eyes or the light in my room i think there's like a vibrant shiny deep deep blueish tone in it which I think is so cool. Maybe I didn't wash my brush properly

rainboww

Overall Rating:5
Price:4
Packaging Quality:5
Would you buy this product again?? Yes

Carbon is a really good black eyeshadow, it can be used as a powder liner or eyeshadow. It takes some blending with my brush (my brush is just one from a drug store, honestly my brush is rubbish, I need a new one) but I am sure when I buy a MAC brush for it I will be able to blend it more professionally. Carbon itself is a great eyeshadow and colour though. A must-have staple and great for "smokey" eyes

sofabean

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 3
Would you buy this product again? No

General Comments on this product: I'm not too fond of black eyeshadows. This one is a matte so it's really hard to blend.

IndustrialIrene

I love dark e/s. I've always tried to find a very dark black and I always ended up with a very disappointing greyish color with other brands. This is the darkest, most blendable black I've ever used. I'm pretty good at blending so it's not a problem for me. This is the first MAC product I bought. It's better than I had expected

cupcake_x

Would you buy this product again? YES!!

I've bought Carbon again quite a few times- it's definitely a must have. I like it for a smokey eye, or over another eyeshadow to darken it. I LOVE mixing a contact solution with Carbon and putting it in my waterlines, or as a eyeliner- it stays on FOREVER!!
I highly recommend this eyeshadow for everyone and anyone. There are a MILLION things to do with this and I'm actually making a video about it.

Prototype83

Price: 3
Packaging Quality: 3
Would you buy this product again? Nope

Loved the color, but the texture (like most Matte e/s) stinks! It's hard to blend and you have to really get into the pan w/ a brush to pick up enough color. If they had made a Matte2 version....I would have been in love. Actually ended up taking this back and getting Sephora's Mat e/s.

shelavou

Packaging Quality: 4

I mostly use this to add black to my eyebrows

nephthys__x

Would you buy this product again? maybe

I got this colour e/s in the holiday set 08, the smokey eyes one. I like the colour but because it's a matte colour i just find it hard to blend sometimes, so i'm hoping to try black tied then see which i prefer

GlamQueen21

Would you buy this product again? Yes!!!!

General Comments on this product:
I love Carbon!! Good for smokey eyes and very easy to blend. I love pairing it with Shadowy Lady to darken up my crease for better depth. I would love to purcahse Carbon again in the future.

Mabelle

Would you buy this product again? yes

I dont wear a lot of black shadow,but it really is essential in everyone's collection. It can be worn very dark and black, or applied with a light hand, just dark enough to deepen a crease.

GloomyBear22

Would you buy this product again? No

I didn't have any black e/s so I bought this one for smoky eyes look. I love it but I don't use it often since I'm more into neutral looks. I have it for about 6 months but only use it 7-8 times. I'll never finish this e/s, that's why I'll not buy it again

heygirlhey698

General Comments on this product:
I love Carbon!! The only problem I have with it, is that it can be hard to blend at times.

fallenang3l211

Overall rating: 5
Would you buy this product again: Yes

Another staple in my collection. HG! I guess I've been lucky and I haven't felt the e/s looks ashy on me. I could not live w/o smokey eyes! I do smokey eyes daily! I love carbon bc I can pair it with almost any e/s!

Shanible

Packaging Quality: 3

I like this black, but I have had the same issues as others with blending and the old problem with any black, the dust falling to places you don't want it. I found it blends better when I use a #144 to apply and a #224 brush over it. I love the way it looks with smokey eyes and as an eyeliner. I even used it on Halloween as a contour color on my husband's cheeks (he was a classic movie vampire). I haven't found a black that applies this smooth and easily, so it's my only choice for black!

Misoxx

Love this, just a matte black which is perfect with shimmery eyeshadows to balance out. Also great and perfect for smokey eyes!

smoohead

Some people seem to complain that this a less pigmented black. That's what I like about it =)

armyguyswife

Great for a liner or smokey eye.....well pigmented...flat/matte black so very versitile.