• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Eyeshadow: Creme De Violet (Frost)

singinmys0ng

Overall Rating: 3
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? No

Comments: I want to love this color but I can't! It doesn't apply well at all and if you really want it to show up you've got to pack it on. A really pretty pink-ish violet flecked with gold shimmer in the pot!

ladybugz07

Overall Rating: 4
Would you buy this product again? probably not

Comments: Nice violet shade with gold shimmer. However, the gold shimmer seems to vanish on the skin...

lizard260

Overall Rating: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

Comments: I love this with naked lunch base and trax in the crease. A very beautiful, well-pigmented color.

ilexica

Overall Rating: 3.5
Would you buy this product again? Possibly...

Comments: I love this colour in the pot. On, it seems to disappear or make me look as if I've been punched. Perhaps one day I will be able to make it work on me!

Shawna

Price: 4
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again? probably never use it up

I bought this colour to use at an 80's theme party and although I love the colour in the pot, it is pretty intense on. I get tonnes of compliments when I wear it, but I always feel like I am back in highschool (yeah, I'm a product of the 80's) When I do wear it, I like to pair it with brill or parrot. It's a nice colour, but I hardly use it. I will probably never have to repurchase it.

PreTTyAnGeL

Would you buy this product again? yes if i ever use it all up

This color is pretty intense just like you see it in the pot! Its like a fuschia with gold flecks in it. To tone it down i pair it with Print e/s on the outer corners and it looks lovely. I can see what the previous reviewer is saying about it being a color of the 80s! I cant put into words why this is, but its just a vibe i get =)

Colorqueen

Overall Rating: 2
Would buy again? NO!

I love MAC colors. I have used their pigments for years as I have sent for them via mail. However, without a MAC counter nearby, I never got to see the shadows that everyone carried on about to me. Finally, while on vacation, I got to see a MAC counter display of the shadows. Being an artist, I was having a meltdown. The colors seemed like a dream come true. I bought a ton of them. Creme de Violet was one of them.

The color is a lot like violet pigment, with slight variation. It is very pigmented, applied smoothly and looked vibrant- for about 15 minutes. After using it for a few days, and completely puzzled as to why it kept disappearing, my eye lids got very bad reactions. Burning, itching and watery eyes. I took it back on my next trip through that area.

I used this with every base I have ever used with pigments (which last all day on my , incidentally and do not cause irritation), and it still disappears.

Too bad, as MAC has some amazing shadows, and only a very few colors stay on me well withouth irritation.

pumpkincat210

This paired up with a dark purple absolutely make my green eyes POP. The sparkles disappear but it is very pigmented on me. I would buy this again, but i probably won't use mine all up.

pushhupsindrag

comments: its a very pretty color in the pan with a nice shimmer but when applied the shimmer isnt as noticable, but a still beautiful color.

Whitney Costner

Would you buy this product again? Maybe

General Comments on this product: Goes on fairly smooth & evenly for me. Color is VERY vibrant. Only disappointment was the gold flecks that appear in the pot seem to disappear when the eyeshadow is actually applied. Other than that - very happy!

ilovexnerdsx

Would you buy this product again? probably not

comments: its a gorgoeus color, but i have a hard time getting it to show up. not only do the gold sparkles disappear, but to even make the pink show up, i have to pack it on. its pretty but i would go with a different pink instead.

Chic 2k6

Overall Rating: 4.5
Price [Value]: 5
Would you buy this product again? No, i have 2 of them

General Comments on this product:

I love this e/s its a gorgeous colour but i do find that it fades easily, but im not giving up on it so far, im gonna make it work!

Ekstasy

Price [Value]: 4

General Comments on this product:
This was one of the first eyeshadows a friend ever got me and I was sadly disappointed. There was just not enough color payoff, however, I'll probably buy it again and try other techniques. I absolutely loved it in the pot, I just wished it showed up as well on me!

Showgirl

Price [Value]: 2
Packaging Quality: 3

One of MAC's more disappointing purples. Pinky/fuschia toned medium purple with gold flecks in the pot, this goes on really translucent and you have to pack it on. The only thing I really use it for is as a wash to warm up the eye area when wearing golds, silvers or metallic browns (it works particularly well with Tempting). But the low pigmentation is practically unforgivable in an eyeshadow this expensive: NYX's "violet" is a similar colour at a fraction of the price, and goes on a dream compared to this.

tdm

Price: 3

Comments: This color looks great in the pot, but it does not show at all on my skin. I've tried it bare, with a paint, prep & prime......and it still doesn't show very well. Does someone want to swap it?????? :confused:

Shanns

Overall rating: 5
Packaging quality: 5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

Creme de Violet is a great shadow to bring out the green in your eyes.

dominichulinda

Price: 2
Would you buy this product again? no (this would last forever for me lol)

okay for this to look somewhat decent I had to apply impropper copper as a base...and then apply creme de violet...it gave it a little kick..which I somewhat like!..but another than that its sitting looking pretty next to trax which I love.

tarynlovesmac

Would you buy this product again? I doubt I'll ever use up the first pan.

I was looking for a pretty perfect purple for my blue eyes, and my MA suggested this. I loved the creamy, sparkly, purple look in the pan so I bought it. I think this is the only MAC shadow I own that I'm truely disappointed with. On my lids, it's almost COMPLETELY sheer and the sparkle just seems to disappear. Rather than the opaque light purple I was expecting, it turned out much sheerer and darker. Looks like I have a black eye when I wear it. Not the best for me.

Supervixen79

Overall Rating: 2.5
Price: 2
Would you buy this product again? No.

It's such a shame that the sparkles don't show once you apply this color. On the lid, Creme de Violet looks rather chalky and matte, and does not blend well. It is quite pigmented, though. On me, it looks garish. I have blue eyes and fair complexion and can imagine that it works better with green eyes or darker skins.