Fabric for Pressing Pigment

myystiqueen

i'm planning on pressing myy pigments but uhm... i have no idea what kind of fabric i need for it.... is it just a plain fabric?? what's the best one you have found??

thanks a lot
-dea

MrsMay

Hiya!

I use the little organza gift bags cut up into squares. I know a lot of people use different textured fabric, like denim etc as it is strong as well and the alcohol wouldn't seep through as much.

Hope that helps!

RoseyPosey

I Have Used A Quarter With Paper Towel, But I Really Like To Use A Peice Of Denim.

I Just Have A Pair Of Old Jeans I Dont Wear Folded Up In My Makeup Room, And Everytime I Press Pigments, I Cut Off A New Clean Square.

saj20052006

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
I Have Used A Quarter With Paper Towel, But I Really Like To Use A Peice Of Denim.

I Just Have A Pair Of Old Jeans I Dont Wear Folded Up In My Makeup Room, And Everytime I Press Pigments, I Cut Off A New Clean Square.

I have found denim to be the best thing. I found some denim fabric at Walmart a while ago for $1.00 and I just cut as I need. A piece of ribbon may work well also.

mochabean

I just use an ordinary paper towel- the ones with a design imprinted on it. It transfers easily to the pigments when I press them. Not to mention, it's much easier to clean up afterwards.

oracle1

I had an old pair of denim short that I wasnt wearing, so I cut a small square piece. I use that along with a quarter

Latest posts