Originally Posted by II3rinII
facechart5.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...facechart4.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...facechart3.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...facechart2.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...facechart1.jpg

fafiface.jpg

those are a few of mine.

i use either luna ccb or MATTE texture cream as a base. i also build the face with a light color like brule and the 242 or 252 brush. i use the flat liner liner brush alot to create depth with the eye and lips. i also use carbon on the lips. lashes i do with boot black and the disposable liquidlast brush with most of the hairs cut off (so its uber thin). apply clear nail polish to the lips and lashes so they dont smudge. hopefully those tips help.

Those are some awesome face charts girl! I'm also one of those people who HATES to do them. I honestly suck at them. But, your tips along with everyone else's are really going to help
thmbup.gif

DirtyPlum

Ive actually really begun to enjoy them (didnt think that would happen!) since having to do one for Update.

So has anyone had theirs published in the Update book / released??? That would be the ultimate...

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I totally second using boot black liquid liner and 209 brush to do lashes. It makes them look amazing. And use a nike tick to do the lashes so they are more natural. I'm still getting the hang of the facecharts too! We have to compleat one for our next update training! I think that to do the lips it's easier to use a lip pencil and my manager said do little bits and blend at a time! And leave the two middle bits of lower lip empty to create illusion of full glossy lips! We should have a section for face charts on specktra! xx

We used to make our own "lash brushes" for the face charts from the lustreglass sample brush wands. We'd cut most of the hair off, leaving two or three strands...you can get the finest line on earth that way. Also, you might try diluting the Boot Black with a tiny bit of Fix+ so that it's less thick and easier to handle.

DirtyPlum

Re lashes...
nearly everyone I know uses pens from Muji - its like a liquid felt tip (pen version of boot black but finer) - thats what my Trainer also told us to use. Its fantastic!

User49

I like using the pens for lashes too! But if you want a REALLY dramatic effect use the 209 with boot black. I find it a little easier to 'flick' the lashes out this way as well!

VioletB

One of the artists I work with who creates PHENOMENAL face charts told me to mix boot black with a drop or two of cleanse off oil to get the lashes to look really fine and it makes the boot black easier to work with!!

Thanks for the tips everyone! Keep them coming!!
thmbup.gif

VioletB

Oooh one more thing.

Everyone at my counter covers the face chart (with the exception of the lines of the face) with gesso e/s to blend everything out. One tip though.. it makes carbon a little harder to work with cause the carbon goes gray.

ms.marymac

I hate doing facecharts. My lashes look like something that would make even Tammy Faye shudder (R.I.P.).

MelodyKat

I really like face charts:

*if blending lipstick or lipliner is a pain for you to do on the lips try a cream color base with similar eyeshadow colors instead.....works like a charm.

*don't forget a clean #217......it always helps me blend the crease out on the eye if it's too heavy.

*for a sharp crease coat a #242 with a deeper color then turn the brush over and use the cleaner side....hard to explain on the comp but try it i sware it works!

*HAVE FUN AND GET MESSY!

facechart.jpg

bluestorm.jpg

Picture1030.jpg

EmberFaceChart.jpg

lara

An obvious one for old hands but it's a mistake that newbies make all the time: don't put foundation or concealer on the paper. If you want to give the illusion of flesh colour through the facial contours, just grab an eyeshadow instead.

I never use lipstick or gloss on paper. I use a damp brush to pick up appropriate shadows in blush or eyeshadow and give the illusion of lipstick that way.

OfficerJenny

Pencil Erasers erase eyeshadow and blush

Whenever you add too much colour, make uneven brows, or whatever, you can just erase it!

VioletB

Ok. So I've been working on a Cult of Cherry face chart for like a WEEK now. (Seriously, I never have time to do it..) And I've found my favorite brush to do eyeshadow with is the 219. It blends everything on the paper so AWESOME. It is kind of tedious though because it's so small.. it takes awhile to complete and blend shadow. But yeah. I love it. Keep sharing your awesome tips, peeps!

Latest posts