face primers

irini

primers,primers,primers.everywhere i turn there is something about primers.im mainly gonna ask about face primers.

are they harmful for the skin,meaning do they increase the appearence of fine lines and aging?do they make make up last longer?can you wear them by themselves?if so,do you have to remove them with a make up remover in the end of the day?do they moisturize skin also?

specktra_rocks.gif

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by irini
primers,primers,primers.everywhere i turn there is something about primers.im mainly gonna ask about face primers.

are they harmful for the skin,meaning do they increase the appearence of fine lines and aging?do they make make up last longer?can you wear them by themselves?if so,do you have to remove them with a make up remover in the end of the day?do they moisturize skin also?

specktra_rocks.gif

On the contrary, hun, primers are supposed to minimize fine lines, pores, etc. Generally, yes, they do help your makeup last, and yes you can wear them by themselves, but generally there's really no point (although sometimes I'll leave the house with just MUFE HD Blue primer on)...you'll usually at least want to dust some powder over top. The makeup remover is up to you...if you don't wear anything (no eyeliner, mascara, shadow, etc) else but the primer, you should be fine just washing your face normally, but it really depends on your skin. A lot of primers help keep your skin soft, not necessarily by moisturizing, but by helping your skin retain its' own natural moisture. I apply primers over my moisturizer, especially since the primers I use don't contain SPF, and I need the sun protection. HTH!

gildedangel

Primers usually help minimize fine lines, the do help your makeup last longer, you can wear them by themselves but I don't see why you would unless it has SPF in it. Depending on your skin type they can make you break out, but other than that they are not harmful to the skin. I remove mine at the end of everyday because I have sensitive skin, but I suppose that it depends on your skin type and what kind of primer you are using. Some have moisturizers, as ForgetRegret said above they really help retain the moisture in your skin, I use my primer over moisturizer too! I hope this answers your questions!

xBubblegum

Face primers are awesome, they make your face texture real smooth and makes your foundation last longer. Mine creates a better surface for me to work with, it's definitely something worth investing on.

I usually take off my foundation or any face product with a facial wipe, one can that take off make up at the same time.
smiles.gif

Latest posts