Fake Pigment Samples off Ebay?

kalice

Hi, I was new to MAC when I bought these pigment samples off Ebay. It seems too good to be true, but I had no idea of what what the standards then. After I recieved the product the colour spectrum was different from what was described and all the "pigments" were extremely powdery and sparkly, almost like mica dust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8998&rd=1&rd=1

I don't know if they are fake (i'm still a newbie) but I do have a very strong suspicion. Btw, he hasn't replied to any of my many many emails about it after taking my money
ssad.gif

Nonetheless, he's still selling these on ebay
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e=search&fgtp=

Since you ladies are much more knowledged than I am, is there anything I can do? And is there a way I can get my money back?

Thanks!!

DaizyDeath

well in that page he says "glitter brillance" ive never heard that name described in mac before but i could be wrong...

all the colors that he lists as what you will recieve seem accurate

but to tell you the truth theirs not way for me to really tell if anybodys pigment samples are fake unless i have your pigment sample and a genuine pigment of the same shade to compare it to. Thats one of the many reasons i would never personally buy pigment samples off ebay theirs no way to tell if their genuine untill you actually recieve them.

o and btw i personally think 67.00 is WAY too much to pay for pigment samples.

MiCHiE

If you paid with PayPal, I would go thru them and try to reverse the charges. If the product isn't real, he misrepresented it for something other than what it was by throwing "MAC" in the description. You can also contact your credit card company, if you paid with one.

Lalli

they most likely are fake as he has no pictures of real jars which they will be taking the samples from... if you paid via paypal claim your money back

caffn8me

If you read the listing title again, the seller doesn't describe the pigments as M·A·C - only the glitters. The description is;

HUGE LOT MAC Glitter Brillants & LOT OF 24 PIGMENTS​

Some of the samples are definitely M·A·C glitters rather than pigments. Glitters are Pro-products and are described on the box as "Glitter Brilliants" so that's correct. Fakers don't seem to have started faking glitters yet.

As for the pigments, "Aztec Aqua" can be obtained from places like Suds and Scents and is probably manufactured by Rona which is a division of Merck.

Roussillon Pearl Mica can be bought from Coastal Scents

Pewter appears to be from a range called "Beverly Hills secret star dust"

SO; before you buy, read the listing carefully. This seller doesn't promise M·A·C pigments, just M·A·C glitters which are supplied as far as I can tell. In this case I don't think you can accuse the seller of selling fake M·A·C. The best you can hope for is to ask for the seller to make the listings less liable to cause confusion in the future.

redambition

that's one of the sneakier listings i've seen (for anything, not just mac). nice pick up on the wording caffn8me - i totally missed it. :|

PhreakPhantasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
If you read the listing title again, the seller doesn't describe the pigments as M·A·C - only the glitters. The description is;

HUGE LOT MAC Glitter Brillants & LOT OF 24 PIGMENTS​

I think that this person has changed how they list their items, because when I bid on a very similar lot earlier this year, I'm almost positive that they claimed that the pigments were also genuine MAC. I got a second chance thing after I had found out that the items in question were not in fact genuine MAC and didn't take them up on the offer.

kalice

Woot! I lamented and complained, and did it several times over, and I got my money back!

Since I found out last week that there's a Pro store three blocks from my apartment, I think I'll just go buy the real stuff. =D

peebs

Of course I found this board after I purchased from this clown. The pigments are pretty poor and the packaging was really bad (flip top paint by number type containers).

Latest posts