Fake pigments and eyeshadows?

MrsMay

Hey all...

I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at the below e/s and pigments that I received today in the post.

I've linked to big photos so you can see the detail. I'm at work so I've just taken quick pics to see what you all think..

The eyeshadows have been compared to a bnib shore leave which I know is authentic (I had it in my work drawer lol).

Shore Leave is on the right in both e/s photos.

Thanks in Advance!

Jenny

TISH1124

Ohhh the slits on the boxes are worrying me......The scratches on the boxes...I would say not good....Can you take a picture of the pigments themselves the jars

I have a BNIB Shorleleave as well that I just got from the CCO if you need me to take Pictures....

MrsMay

^^ the shore leave is fine - I already had that one and know it's authentic, it's the other two I'm worried about
ssad.gif

you just reminded me about the flaps on the boxes - that was a major thing that worried me... here is a pic of that:

I will try to take pics of the actual pigments this afternoon...

the boxes felt different to me as well when I handled them... thinner somehow? less sturdy? dont really know how to explain it...

TISH1124

I just tried scratching my boxes and I can't get visable scratch marks no matter how hard I scratch....I do have bar code labels that look like the ones pictures....and different backs...I will take a picture

Where are all the Piggie guru's

User27

I need someone with Silver Fog knowledge because this failed by one counter and passed by another. I've already been refunded but am trying to figure it out for myself now. This is the trickiest one I've ever endured but I bought a back up when the counter girl did the side by side and said it failed. If someone has one with AB4 it would be much appreciated because it's weirding me out that a counter can fail and another pass the same pigment. Thank you to anyone who can help because this bastitch has fooled a pro if it's not real.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I need someone with Silver Fog knowledge because this failed by one counter and passed by another. I've already been refunded but am trying to figure it out for myself now. This is the trickiest one I've ever endured but I bought a back up when the counter girl did the side by side and said it failed. If someone has one with AB4 it would be much appreciated because it's weirding me out that a counter can fail and another pass the same pigment. Thank you to anyone who can help because this bastitch has fooled a pro if it's not real.

My Silver Fog says AB4 and has a clear sticker on the bottom. Do you need a swatch... i can do that too, but it will be hard to compare considering the camera and monitor i'm using can make the coloring look different. I'll do my best though.

TISH1124

Pictures...as best as I could get....and one top shows me scratching aggressively....All straight from MAC

pigment.jpg

pigment1.jpg

pigments2-1.jpg

pigment3-1.jpg

pigment4.jpg

pigment5.jpg

MrsMay

Thanks Tish... unfortunately I dont have any pigment boxes at work (took them all home last night - duh!!) so I will post pics later on of box comparisons as well as jar/swatch comparisons

pumpkincat210

I'm so sorry, can you wait on the swatch til tomorrow? My camera eats batteries and mine weren't charged enough.

MrsMay

hmmm thats the other thing I just noticed... there's no printed batch code on the pigments apart from the sticker
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Compare the e on the boxes too...Mine look slightly different....thinner around the top portion...hard to explain

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
My Silver Fog says AB4 and has a clear sticker on the bottom. Do you need a swatch... i can do that too, but it will be hard to compare considering the camera and monitor i'm using can make the coloring look different. I'll do my best though.

I lack a clear camera but have found another Specktrette who had the same situation and same packaging. How did Tish upload the photos? This is going to irk me if my counters starts letting me down. They were tricked by the eyeshadow until I took the pan out and showed them the ring from the same seller. If this turns out to be legit then I'm going to scream because she refunded me after the counter failed it. That's pretty low to get a refund just to find out my counter was wrong.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I lack a clear camera but have found another Specktrette who had the same situation and same packaging. How did Tish upload the photos? This is going to irk me if my counters starts letting me down. They were tricked by the eyeshadow until I took the pan out and showed them the ring from the same seller. If this turns out to be legit then I'm going to scream because she refunded me after the counter failed it. That's pretty low to get a refund just to find out my counter was wrong.

How did I upload photos....I am not sure about the question...I load from camera to my PC to photobucket then to specktra..Also some fakes are so good even a MA who is not an experienced collector cannot tell the real from the fake

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Compare the e on the boxes too...Mine look slightly different....thinner around the top portion...hard to explain

The Quick Frost looked good on lettering detail but none of my boxes are getting that scratched up despite me scratching hard. The other 2 boxes have really thick lettering with ultra bold going on in the DIST. BY/ PAR section on the back where mine is dimmer. Panda is a sure sign on these but Tish is right about them being durable to scratching and your boxes took one heck of a beating. I thought Quick Frost was go until I looked where you had scratched the top. Calling Panda police, we have an emergency! XD

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
hmmm thats the other thing I just noticed... there's no printed batch code on the pigments apart from the sticker
ssad.gif

My Gold Stroke does not have a printed lot code on the actual jar only on the label and the imprinted on the box...actually most of mine don't have it on the jar

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
On the back of the pigment jar is there a number on the last line? Mine reads:
M540000701

So does mine but the pigment was made in Canada and the box was made in the US. I can upload the pics as soon as someone steps me through. The swatch was dimmer than the Silver Fog at their counter but not by much. The packaging was off to her and she said the jar was too thick.

TISH1124

My Grape pigment doesn't even have it on the Box either ...just on the box label and the label onthe jar

Latest posts