Falsies!

xtiffineyx

I really love the look of false eyelashes, but I never buy them because I always figured that if you wore them once, you had to throw them away & that seemed like a waste. Can you re-use them? And if so, up to how many times? Any good brands that still look good after a couple of uses?

Amaranth

I love falsies! It depends on which kind of lashes you buy (natural hair or synthetic), because some are easier to clean than others and some get all screwy if you wet them. I can normally get about 2-4 uses out of my lashes, then I'm usually too lazy to clean them and just buy a new pair. But you can definitely wear them more than once. Some people may get more, but I'm kinda rough with mine. The less glue and make-up you get on them (some people put mascara on TOP of their falsies...?), the longer they will last. Also, if you check out EnKore on YouTube, he has a video lesson on how to clean your falsies. I really like MUFE lashes, they have such a wide range of styles and I love the quality, but they're on the more expensive side. I also really like MAC's lashes, they're moderately priced and have n not-bad style selection, but they're a good example of lashes that go screwy if you get them wet. Ardell makes good cheap lashes, so I'd recommend some of those to start off with, so you can practice cleaning them and figuring out how much glue you should use. I believe they're natural hair as well, though.

xtiffineyx

Awesome! Thanks so much! I can't wait to buy some now!
th_DANCE.gif

erine1881

you can't clean mac's lashes cause they are real hair, and if you get them wet, they loose the curl. as long as you don't put mascara on them, you can reuse them. and without mascara on them, you don't need to worry about cleaning them. carefully remove the old glue, put them back in the container to maintain their shape, and reapply like new. the number of uses depends on the style as well. i can get around 8-10 uses out of my #3s, but i'm lucky if i can get 2 uses out of #36. when the hairs are more spread out, the band has more of a tendancy to kink, and when this happens, you really can't use them again without them looking funny. if it kinks, i cut them at the kink and use them as half lashes, which gives me 2 different sets of halves. in order to get more uses out of your lashes, you need to keep use care when applying, removing, storing, keep them dry, and don't apply mascara directly to the lashes. cleaning may be different based on the brand of lashes you use.

mistella

I can re-use my lashes many many times. probably 8-10x. just don't get them wet & be careful with them.

oh, and i dont waste my money on expensive lashes. I won't pay more than $2 on lashes. I used to buy lashes that cost more than that and there isn't a difference. I get mine in downtown la and buy in bulk so they are around 50 cents a strip.

Latest posts