favourite adult beverages

kimmy

sunday is the night for drinks since neither me or the man work mondays. i, personally, am a BIG fan of martinis (i discovered them on my twenty-first birthday and swore i'd try one of each kind they had at the hilton...and i did. loove.)

so anyway, i've taken up a whole door shelf in the fridge with my various alcohols and mixers. buut i think i've tried just about every combination of them imaginable so i need some new recipes for mixed drinks.

let's share!

purrtykitty

I love a Bellini Martini. It's equal parts raspberry vodka, part peach schnapps and champagne (the cheapy stuff will do, and I've found little single serve bottles are great if you're only making one or two). You mix the vodka and schnapps in a shaker with ice, pour into a glass, top with the champagne and garnish with frozen raspberries. Delish!

I also enjoy the standard raspberry vodka tonic with lime. Goes down nice and smooth.

COBI

One of my favorites is Ciroc Grape Martini:
Ciroc Vodka (ciroc is a vodka made from grapes vs. the typical potato)
White Grape Juice
Simply Syrup

Must be super chilled or it's just not as good. Best served with frozen red grapes in the bottom of glass... just because they taste good at the end of the drink.

If there's room, I keep my vodka in the freezer.

Shimmer

For a pool party/day at the beach:
Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade
Vodka instead of water to mix. Throw fruit of your choice in there as well.

Or for a more homemade flavor:
Take the zest of 7 lemons and boil with 1.5 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water. Boil until it's a lemon flavored simple syrup.
Fill a half gallon pitcher with ice. I like Sonic's ice, because it's aerated and crushed, but you can use anything.
Pour 2 cups of lemon juice over the ice.
Let the simple syrup cool, then pour it over the ice.
Finish with vodka of your choice, I like to use the raspberry flavor, but the straight is just as good. Strawberry vodka is another nice touch.
Slice some strawberries and apples up and layer when you're putting the ice in, and throw some raspberries or blueberries in along with it. Delish.
Mess with the proportions as you choose, some like a sweeter lemonade, some like one more tart. If you're feeling REALLY frisky, pour your glass of lemonade then throw a shot of Jack into it. Yeeks.

Bubble gum vodka with grape juice is just about yummy as it gets.

Sour Apple Pucker, Triple Sec, Vodka for an appletini. Go the Friday's route and pour it over yellow or blue cotton candy.

Shadowy Lady

I love martinis in general (vodka ones though, I loath gin) and Amaratto Sour is on old time fave of mine, especially in the summer

kimmy

this is what i came up with. must have done something for me because i kicked back three of them! whooa.

1 shot three olives chocolate vodka
1 shot hiram & walker creme d'cacao
1 shot bailey's irish cream
little bit of milk
and a load of hershey's chocolate syrup

numnum!

kaliraksha

I <3 martinis as well. What I like to make at home besides a regular Ciroc martini are:

Dark & Stormy: light rum, dark rum, gingerale or gingerbeer (homemade is best), and lime juice
Woo Woo- Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Cranberry juice
Washington Apple- Whiskey, Apple Schnapps, Cranberry juice
Cherry whiskey sour

Lastly, once you get tired of inventing martinis... you should try to infuse your own vodka. I made a vanilla bean blood orange one last year that became so smooth, I drank it on the rocks by the glass full (so bad!).

InspiredBlue

I'm a sucker for a good Mojito. But since I seem to have developed some sort of alcohol intolerance, I really don't drink other than the odd glass of champagne. On the positive side I can allow myself the nice stuff since I drink rarely. Veuve Clicot is my favorite.
smiles.gif

Junkie

I used to make something called a Pink Elephant

2 shots of Vodka (any kind - even flavoured, but keep it in the berry family)
1 shot of Raspberry Sourpuss
Fill rest of glass with Minute Maid Pink Lemonade (with the pulp)
Garnish with a drizzle of Grenadine
Crushed or cubed ice

Great for the summer! I polished off a whole 26oz bottle of Vodka and half a bottle of Sourpuss shortly after my highschool grad (I had a very high tolerance back then)! I was hungover like a mofo, but this recipe was one of the best I came across!

Another is:

1/3 of a glass filled with Hpnotiq liquor (the blue stuff - its a cognac infused with vodka and fruit juices - so yummy).
The rest of the glass a mixture of orange juice, cranberry juice and Gingerale (to taste - as per your preferances, there's really no rule/recipe). You can omit one of the juices too if you want.

I've also subbed in Raspberry Sourpuss & just the gingerale.

Yum!

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I'm a sucker for a good Mojito. But since I seem to have developed some sort of alcohol intolerance, I really don't drink other than the odd glass of champagne. On the positive side I can allow myself the nice stuff since I drink rarely. Veuve Clicot is my favorite.
smiles.gif

Yeah, I have a really high tolerance too. Always have... which is why I don't drink. I'm no cheap drunk.... I like about 10 shots. Yikes. I think for me, it's being the adult child of an ex-alcoholic that's naturally raised my tolerance.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I love martinis in general (vodka ones though, I loath gin) and Amaratto Sour is on old time fave of mine, especially in the summer

I really don't like gin either. I use to hate it... but I can tolerate it mixed in other drinks now. It just smells and tastes like Christmas to me... and not in a good way. It's so piney... it reminds me of the way rotting Christmas trees smell on the streets after the Holidays.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I really don't like gin either. I use to hate it... but I can tolerate it mixed in other drinks now. It just smells and tastes like Christmas to me... and not in a good way. It's so piney... it reminds me of the way rotting Christmas trees smell on the streets after the Holidays.

lmao! I've always thought the exact same thing!

jenee.sum

My all time favourite is Soho 7. It's a shot glass of Soho, fill it up a bit over half a glass with 7up (sprite if you don't have 7up), add ice. Soho's a lychee liqueur - sooooo yummy.
I also love Bellinis!
Jack Daniels is my fav for shots. The burning in the throat feels sooooo goooood. haha

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Yeah, I have a really high tolerance too. Always have... which is why I don't drink. I'm no cheap drunk.... I like about 10 shots. Yikes. I think for me, it's being the adult child of an ex-alcoholic that's naturally raised my tolerance.

I think you misread my post, I have an intolerance. But both are reasons to drink less I guess.
greengrin.gif

LC

margaritas! i've been on a margarita kick for 3 years now. also white russians. mmmmheaven.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I think you misread my post, I have an intolerance. But both are reasons to drink less I guess.
greengrin.gif

Wow, I did totally misread that. Yeah, I drink less because in order for me to feel anything I have to drink a lot and I can't justify the calories for flavor. I'd rather eat a piece of delicious warm bread than a martini that I won't feel.

January

My favorite drink is Chambord (a french black raspberry liqueur) + Sprite Zero or Diet 7 Up.. whatever.
smiles.gif
I don't really drink all that often, so when I'm out I'll usually order some crazy martini with 6 different things in it that costs like $9. Haha.

Latest posts