February Challenge #2: Kevyn Aucoin's 'Abstract eyes'

mspixieears

Pay no attention to the lips - the eyes have it all. Often referred to as the windows to the soul - do show why! Sort of figured that if the eyes were going to get all the attention, then the rest of the face would be down-played.

Below, thanks to the lovely and ever-helpful 'Nessa, are scanned pages from Aucoin's book on 'The Anarchist' look - please note they are for illustrative purposes only:

kaucoin1.jpg

kaucoin2.jpg

I did have some pics on my mobile phone but I can upload them onto the computer so I can't show you
ssad.gif
but working on it! Why am I so technologically dumb?!

I used 3 colours/products and basically drew everything on to 'frame' my eyes using fairly geometric shapes - triangles, slightly curved lines or waves. The result was asymmetrical with a touch of 70s glam rock without the glitter. Very similar to the look the model in the pic is sporting, plus some funky triangle of colour on the lids.

Products used: Graphito paint, Royal Wink f/l & Flammable paint

aziajs

Goody goody gumdrops! I was wondering what the second challenge would be. I have to try this!

user3

ok so it looks like I am the first sucker!
I got bored and played around a bit. This is what became of that....

abstract3.jpg

This last pic I changed my eye color just to see what I would look like w/blue gray eyes.

mspixieears

Hey sweetie!

Awesome! You beat me to it, I promise ladies & gents, I'm going to be replicating the look stuck on my camera! Just a bit tangled in technology configuration!

Wonder how the whole look would've sat on your whole face? Wouldn't happen to have any uncropped pics perchance?

mspixieears

Ok, it's way different and more complicated to the first one, too boring to do exact same thing again!

Now be gentle, my brows are very 'typically Indian' as I like to say, haven't had the chance to get them fixed & this is in fact my first time posting fotd-material...

But here's my take on the challenge.

I used (all MAC) Royal Wink fluidline, Graphito & Flammable paints.
Brushes: UD brow/liner brush & MAC #228.

Rest of face completely bare, forgot lipstuff even *whoops*

challengefacefront.jpg

challengeprofile1.jpg

challengeprofile2.jpg

The eye work is supposed to be asymmetrical, hence the 2 profile shots. Sorry to take up so much space on illustrating that.

Looking forward to anyone else brave enough to do this challenge. Hope you find this helps you get some ideas of what I'm on about.

user3

Great job woman!!!

Nope I didn't have any makeup on the rest of my face and I took upclose pics....sorry
ssad.gif

jackie

Nessa* Love that look. You must also be a wizard with photoshop, as I couldn't even tell you had edited the picture where you changed your eye color. I would love to know how to do that stuff! I love it.

Gabriella

I actually did this!!! Woo hoo! lol I am trying to figure out how to get the pics onto my computer and then I will post them...If I can figure out how to get them to show up~ haha I'm a bit technology challenged!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie
Nessa* Love that look. You must also be a wizard with photoshop, as I couldn't even tell you had edited the picture where you changed your eye color. I would love to know how to do that stuff! I love it.

Thanks
greengrin.gif

I am just learning on PS but if you want to know how I did the eye I can PM with the info.

heenx0x0

I didn't copy any specific premade one, I just winged it. I was a lazy girl and only did one eye, here it is...

000_0518cropped.jpg

000_0514_0001crop01.jpg

000_0513_0001done.jpg

000_0524cropped.jpg

sallytheragdol

Quote:
Originally Posted by heenx0x0
I didn't copy any specific premade one, I just winged it. I was a lazy girl and only did one eye, here it is...

000_0518cropped.jpg

000_0514_0001crop01.jpg

000_0513_0001done.jpg

000_0524cropped.jpg

I love it!

mspixieears

heenxOxO - I love it! That blue you used is fabulous!!! What did you use??? That line you've drawn along your eyelid is wicked! Thanks for trying out the challenge!

heenx0x0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
heenxOxO - I love it! That blue you used is fabulous!!! What did you use??? That line you've drawn along your eyelid is wicked! Thanks for trying out the challenge!

The blue is Estee Lauder Pure Color Liquid Eyeliner in Indigo with MAC Blue Pigment mixed in. I also rolled my mascara wand in the blue pigment for my lashes. I've only done two of these challenges but I had so much fun doing both of them and I can't wait for next months!! And thanks so much everyone, I'm so happy you liked it!!

mspixieears

Yeah, I noticed that nice touch with your lashes too. Well done!

I'll have to jot down that product and keep an eye out for it. Someone very kindly gave me a Blue pig't sample too!

Latest posts