Finding Nemo, the palette!

Miz Pina

I’ve always been such a neutral-eye girl but since finding Spectra, joining the bright side seems so tempting. I’ve only gotten into MAC e/s the beginning of this year with the Neo Sci-Fi collection. Before that, finding the perfect black & olive eye liner, red lipstick and anything goes nail polish consumed my life.

But back to Nemo… I’ve always envied salt-water fish their bright colors and dots and stripes but we get MAC so I think the fish would be jealous
tong.gif
Anyway, using Finding Nemo as an inspiration for my colorful palette seemed natural.

The inspiration:

mac_findingnemoinspiration.jpg

mac_findingnemostickers.jpg

The palette:

mac_findingnemo.jpg

Top Row: Sketch, Graphology
Middle Row: Trax, Purple Haze, Blue Flame, Gulf Stream, Firespot
Bottom Row: Da Bling, Digit, Tilt, Surreal, Goldmine

Don’t those empty spaces look so sad? Please help me fill them!

Ideally, the colors would be available in pan form because my depotting skills are pretty bad. Not necessary but nice to have. Otherwise, I’m pretty much open to any brand or shadow (past, present or future) that will fit in the palette with minimal intervention.

My coloring: Light olive skin tone. My current foundation fave is MUFE HD 125. Hazel olive green/brown eyes and black hair.

How do I find the perfect yet wearable orange/red/yellow with that Nemo-esque flavor? I have Firespot but I’m not sure I love it like I do the others. Maybe I’m just orange/yellow blocked.

I have an idea for rest but could still use some help. Sorta thinking: a Navy, a Green or Cranberry, UD Smog?, UD Rush?, UD Maui Wowie? For some-one who loves neutrals, you’d think picking these colors would be easier! What do you think?

A Contrast or Meet the Fleet-type blue? UD Mildew, MAC Velvet Moss or ___ ? I love UD Maui Wowie but hate the glitter! I saw some pics of the Blond, Brunette, Redhead collection and have my fingers crossed the blue & henna colors might fit in well. Or something else altogether?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas, suggestions and even adding your own fantasy Finding Nemo palette combos. Thanks!

Kiss and Makeup

For the yellow, what about Goldmine or Chrome Yellow?

You also need Gesso for the white in the stripes
greengrin.gif

And Cork for the puffer fish. This is fun; what a great idea! I have to do this for my favorite movie now
greengrin.gif

Sorry, every time I look at the pictures, I think of more colors! What about Coppering for a red/orange.

mizuki~

That is such a cool idea! I say.. Chrome Yellow, Gesso, Carbon, Submarine or Freshwater, Deep Truth or Naval, and uhh I'm not sure but dang this is fun hahah

Miz Pina

Thanks everyone! I'm a sucker for those aquatic names... Aquadisiac, Submarine, Freshwater, etc but I think I'm good for turquoise/aqua for now.

I tried Naval before but I can't remember if it was too black on me. I'll give it another try and check out some of those yellow/golds, too.

What do you think about burgundy/red/pink like in the first picture? Tough to pull off?

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Pina
Thanks everyone! I'm a sucker for those aquatic names... Aquadisiac, Submarine, Freshwater, etc but I think I'm good for turquoise/aqua for now.

I tried Naval before but I can't remember if it was too black on me. I'll give it another try and check out some of those yellow/golds, too.

What do you think about burgundy/red/pink like in the first picture? Tough to pull off?

Poste Haste is close. However it will be discontinued.
ssad.gif

Btw I love your palette!
yes.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Sketch might be a good color for the darker red. Passionate could work too, but it looks really bright. If that's too much for you, I think Star Violet or Sunset B would be really pretty. And for your orange, what about Rule? Or Paradisco?

Miz Pina

Hopefully, I will have time to pop over to the MAC store tomorrow... you've given me such great ideas. I might have to scrap that neutral-ish bottom row idea for more color! Got them all in my pocket notebook. Thanks!

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Pina
Hopefully, I will have time to pop over to the MAC store tomorrow... you've given me such great ideas. I might have to scrap that neutral-ish bottom row idea for more color! Got them all in my pocket notebook. Thanks!

Keep us updated! I'm interested to see how this turns out
smiles.gif

Miz Pina

Thanks for the Sketch & Goldmine recs! I updated the pic sorry it's a little dark. Plus I forgot I had a pan of graphology floating around and added it too. I have a pan of carbon somewhere around I might include if I get desperate
smiles.gif
otherwise 3 more to go...

Latest posts