• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

First Tutorial - Inspiration Kate

MayaMoon

Hi Girls,

First try here. Hope it works. As a starter i took Kate Moss here, an easy, but still stunning Make up and very classic, too.

To start with: my Inspiration
VorbildKate.jpg

I am not particularly a fan of Kate, but the Make up here is lovely and easy to copy. And she is not too far away from my own caucasian, fair look. Not, that i have got a supermodelface
rofl.gif
, but just same background as to skincolor and european/caucasian features.

I used a Stila E/S Palette in shimmery, golden Browns, Black Ben Nye Eyeliner -
th_worship.gif
absolutely best one - some Ben Nye Cream Foundation, white and silver e/s, Margaret Astor Ultra Volume Mascara, A no name product on Eyebrows (essence), Stila Blush.

Ok, guys, prepare to take a look at me without Make up

Start.jpg

icon_eek.gif
sorry, to scare you ... Thats the big disadvantage of being so fair-skinned, blond and without any tan at all. Besides, my skin has been very bad lately, but its getting better. I will have to photoshop it anyway, to achieve Kate's Look.
But also, interesting to see, how much better you can look with good Make up.
graucho.gif

Ok, after Foundation and some Eyebrow enhancement - too much for the look actually - the eyeshadow Highlighter: a shimmery silver (beYu)
ESfirstappl.jpg

a light shimmery golden all over covered with light shimmery brown on eyelid
ESlight.jpg

Now a deeper brown as a shadow ... emphasis on inner corner:

Shadowfinish.jpg

eyeshadowfinish.jpg

A spectacular eyeline ... watch out not to go beyond the red line, as it will make your eye appear more tired and destroy the lifting effect! The outer line before filling:

Eyeliner.jpg

Actually it could even be slightly higher than this, but you know, its soo difficult and such a mess to correct an eyeliner.

The lips i just covered with some creamy foundation and lipgloss. They are to rosy, Kate's are more nude ... well ...
lips.jpg

The EYE-FINISH, Notice there is some skin-colour Kajal on the inner Eye.
FertigesAuge.jpg

After some Blush - very soft - and some photoshop (you know my skin) the finish in kind of a Kate-Pose:
EndeIIIbearb.jpg

here naturally:
Ende.jpg

Nice look actually. Admittingly I had to correct the eyeliner with photoshop, it needed a little lift still.

Please tell me your opinion and feel free to critisize.

ok, thanks guys
wavey.gif

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alurabella
you look great!! And you look almost just like her, but prettier.
smiles.gif

That's a little dramatic sweetie....

NutMeg

Hot. I agree with the lips needing to be more nude, but I love the total effect. I was already thinking of using liquid liner tomorrow... A sign from the gods! Lol.

Life In Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead

^Seriously, that was unnecessary.

Anyhow, I think this is a great tutorial.You are a beautiful young woman and you wear the makeup well!
smiles.gif

Azzura

I love that look. Great job in duplicating it. I actually love your eyes A LOT better then Kate's. I want to try this tutorial but Im going to try it with fluidline instead. Great job!

alurabella

Quote:

Ok. that was rude. I was being completely honest, I think she's much better looking that her. Kate Moss has a strange beauty about her... but this girl has more of a natural, classic beauty.

user4

scary that you look very much like the original model!!! haha... well great tutorial... i love this look... so classic...