• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Fluidline: Blacktrack (matte)

cno64

Overall rating: 5
Price: 4

Packaging Quality: 5
Would You Buy This Product Again?: Yes

For lining my top lids, this is IT for me!
I'm disabled, with compromised vision, and the use of only one hand, so getting the hang of using this was a little tricky, but it was SOO worth it!
I actually use a narrow pointed sponge-tip eyeshadow applicator to apply Blacktrack; this gives me more control, and I was pleasantly surprised at the thin line I can achieve.
I top this with MAC "Carbon" shadow, and I get a great eye-brightening, lash-thickening look that holds up great, even on my oily skin.
Like others, I used to use pencil liners, but this works tremendously better!

HayleyVengeance

Overall Rating: 5
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again? yes!

all black eyeliners that i've tried havent stayed on my waterline without fading // smudging , so i finally decided to get fluidline. i'm so happy i did! it went on alot easier than i though it would. it stayed on ALL day , and i have really watery eyes!

zori

Would You Buy This Product Again?: Yes, in a heartbeat!!!

This did take some practice to put on initially as I am a complete clutz but it was worth it. This liner is a rich matte black and lasts for hours with minimal fading. It is creamy and does not tug your eye lid when applying.

Have purchased in other colours as well!

Mabelle

Price [Value]: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

this was handcrafted by god himself

rabideloise

Overall Rating: 4

I like this liner but I think you have to have shadow or powder on your eyes before applying it so it doesn't smudge. I've had problems with it doing that and now that I think of it it might just be my bad application.

Whitney

Love it. Before buying it, I had always used drugstore liners. Which I always had to reapply constantly. Several people had recommended this product to me, finally I decided to purchase it this past week. And I glad I did. I was worried at first that it would take me a while to learn how to apply liner with a brush since I was used to a pencil liner. But I didn't really find it that difficult.

ndn-ista

Would You Buy This Product Again? Yes.

I love it. Also, you can dip an eyeliner into the fluidline and use that to give it more intensity. Recently, I purchased a MAC kohl eyeliner in feline...this is great too, it's a pencil that is perfect for smudging and it black black!

x-ivy

Overall rating: 3
Would You Buy This Product Again?: Nope

It glided really well and was easy to apply, but it irritated my eyes for some reason. And came off so easy when I put it on the top waterline :S

MACbutterfly

Would You Buy This Product Again?: Absolutely

I love this product. It is my first HG item. I'm still getting used to applying it, but I freaking love it. It stays on forever, and looks just as intense at the end of the day. I can't wait to get this product in other colors.

*~vicki~*

Would you buy this product again? yes!

This is the second thing that I bought from MAC, and I love it. I used to use liquid eyeliner, and never thought I'd move to something different, until I tried this. It is amazing, really easy to apply (i use a 266 brush) and stays on until you want to remove it, and I have really watery eyes.

VertDeGris

Would you buy this product again? I don't think so.

Pros: I used Stila Smudgepot before, and Mac's fluidlines tend to differ because they are creamier. Ie: easier to apply. My smudgepot dried in one year, but fluidline didn't. Lovely base for duochrome e/s or pigments. Great use for eyebrows. (especially graphic brown)

Cons: Doesn't stay that well (UDPP or paints didn't help), even on my waterline. Smudges esp at my inner eye corner. Not nice when you want precise makeup. I def won't trust it to go swimming or wear it on hot days.
Need to purchase to -good- brush for it. (more money + more time consumming)

I think I'll go back to liquid e/l, Maybelline Unstoppable or Revlon Colorstay. Quicker and easier to apply, as well as a lot cheaper. And THAT's my motto concerning makeup

pepper_mint2

Would you buy this product again?yes

i like how intense the colour is on my eyes. However it does smudge a little by the end of the day, and im not too pleased with this.

marinasmith

Comments: I'm not an eyeliner person, because I find it so hard to apply. But the gel texture of this product makes it soooo easy! And it lasts ALL DAY.

versace

Would You Buy This Product Again? Yes

its so easy to apply,looks so pretty,i tried eyeliners,eyepencils,black eyeshadows with small brush,and i got pretty good with apllying it,but this looks so good and mess free

chaut_01

Would you buy this product again? Yes!!!

it lasts all day no smudging at all..stays put and the little pot lasts me for a very long time.

kittykit

Would You Buy This Product Again?: Definitely!!!

It's my first non-kohl eye pencil and I'm loving it! I wear eye liner everyday (mostly black) and they always smudge like crazy.

GoldenGirl

Overall rating: 4
Would You Buy This Product Again?: YES!

I just picked this up recently along with the 209 (my first MAC brush!) Um... This thing is heaven!

I LOOOOOOOOOVE black eyeliner. Love it love it love it and wear it evey day. I was having a hard time finding something that didn't smudge and smear all over the place. I went from brand to brand in the drugstore and eventually picked up Feline eye kohl. I loved the blackness of it, but that thing smudged EVERYWHERE no matter what I did to "set" it into place. And I was so disappointed because it was just so black, it was exactly the black I wanted. For a smoky eye, it's great, but for everyday.. not so much.

I had heard how difficult it was to use the 209 with the fluidline, but I decided to give it a go anyway and am so happy I did. It's so easy! And this bay boy stays put all day long. I use it on my waterline as well and it's perfect. Get it get it get it! You will not be disappointed.

Delerium

Would You Buy This Product Again?: Absolutely

Comments: This is the first gel liner that I have tried and I am completely SOLD! I use the 209 to apply it.

zzoester

This is my HG black eyeliner. I go through about 4 pots a year. Used to be more before I discovered Dipdown. This will not smudge, budge, etc. It's awesome. Very matte. Very black. I love drama....and nothing screams drama more than precise ultra-black liner on the upper lid with a little wingin'!
In fact, sometimes it's even hard to get off with makeup remover. Not that I'd suggest sleeping in your makeup, but every once in a while (on a bad, late night out!) I will fall asleep with my eye makeup on and I have woken up in the morning with perfect eyeliner. It's perfect!
Just be sure to tighten the top as much as you can after each use. Sometimes it can dry out very quickly if you don't pay attention to this.

philipgloss

Comments: I used to be a black fluid eye-liner girl until every single brand gave me bad allergies. After removing my make up on the evening, I kept the trace of the eyeliner draw on my skin eyelid, red, inflated and irritated. So I stopped definitely wearing fluid eyeliner. Blacktrack Fluidline is the first I have wanted to try after 5 years of abstinence. I don't use it everyday but I have no allergy at all. Not too liquid, not too dry, the texture is very easy to work with. The color is intense and it stays all day without getting bad at the end of the day. Really a good product.