For the VERY LONG HAIR GALS: hair style

Piarpreet

Hi girls... So I'm a Sikh and I don't cut my hair (yes, never...yes, split end hell) and I don't use any heat (yes, no flat iron...yes, no curling iron...yes, no hair dryer) lol ... the thing is that I have been wearing a braid or a bun with a scruncie (yes, an 80's scruncie...yes, the cloth colored type) and I'm tired of looking so dull.

My make up is always so nice, and my earrings...accessories... and then my ugly ass scruncie bun :(

my hair is 35 in long and I need ideas for new hair styles.

1) I went to mall and i saw this hair pin stand all swarovki kinda rhinestones (all malll has one of these super tacky stands) and I missed out on getting a 2-prong long hair stick to create 2 hair styles the lady taught me but my friend rushed me out... where can I buy such sticks/pins? I searched on ebay but they are all 6cm /2.5in tal which is TINY for my hair... like no friggin way.

2) any good youtube channels that you might know of that have no heat styling? buns? braids? well explained. I was torrinpage but damn her hair is too long.... I am not there yet (and probably never will)

3) my hair is suuuuper nasty in terms on how unhealthy/frizzy/dry/split ends... any AMAZING almost MIRACULOUS products to recommend????

Thanx all!

Dreaming Dancer

I have really long hair, and although I do get mine trimmed periodically, I use organic coconut oil (the kind you can cook with) in my hair. I put it in at night, and sleep in it, and wash it out in the morning. It is one of the only oils that can penetrate the hair cuticle.Sometimes i also use some cotton on my brush with some almond oil as well. If your hair is that damaged at the ends, the only thing to really get rid of split ends is trimming it, but the oil helps prevent them. Also helps them not look so dry.

As for hair styles, i pretty much always wear mine down. I use chop sticks sometimes to put it up, and sometimes those Goody Spin pins sometimes too. If you want a classier looking bun, you could use a regular ouchless elastic band then wrap a small section of your hair around it and pin it with a bobby pin underneath.

Mac-Guy

I realize that cutting off the damaged ends might not be an option for you, but a trim followed by intensive continuous care is the only solution. Once you have split ends, it is only a matter of time until the split ends wander up higher as the damaged parts will rub against the still healthy ends and damage those as well.
Hi girls... So I'm a Sikh and I don't cut my hair (yes, never...yes, split end hell) and I don't use any heat (yes, no flat iron...yes, no curling iron...yes, no hair dryer) lol ... the thing is that I have been wearing a braid or a bun with a scruncie (yes, an 80's scruncie...yes, the cloth colored type) and I'm tired of looking so dull.

My make up is always so nice, and my earrings...accessories... and then my ugly ass scruncie bun :(

my hair is 35 in long and I need ideas for new hair styles.

1) I went to mall and i saw this hair pin stand all swarovki kinda rhinestones (all malll has one of these super tacky stands) and I missed out on getting a 2-prong long hair stick to create 2 hair styles the lady taught me but my friend rushed me out... where can I buy such sticks/pins? I searched on ebay but they are all 6cm /2.5in tal which is TINY for my hair... like no friggin way.

2) any good youtube channels that you might know of that have no heat styling? buns? braids? well explained. I was torrinpage but damn her hair is too long.... I am not there yet (and probably never will)

3) my hair is suuuuper nasty in terms on how unhealthy/frizzy/dry/split ends... any AMAZING almost MIRACULOUS products to recommend????

Thanx all!

Piarpreet

I used to use coconut oil when i lived in india but hated the fact that it was sooo hard to wash off! maybe ill give it a shot again...

Piarpreet

to be honest I HAVE! and it was such a fail girls.... hahahaha SUCH a fail. Maybe I need to practice but damn! I can;t even frenchbraid... like my hands are not that flexible or cant handle so much hair

LiLBeautyBarbie

OMG I always had a feeling you were Indian by your name but never was sure, I'm Sikh too, but I've always cut my hair and such.

Piarpreet

I'm not indian. Im spanish (like both mom dad are spanish and so are my grandparents and my great-grandparents). I know i'm ethnically confusing cos of my religion lol. I do not cut my hair or shave (im a total hippie lol) but unfortunately I need my eyebrows done. I love make up and since I cant do much to my hair or wear sexy clothes I figured I can at least have nice eyebrows so people dont pay so much attention to my ever growing moustache. I didn't do my eyebrows for a year... and let me tell you it was soooo hard not to do them! I didnt even wear eyeshadows over my crease cos I didnt want to get the attention there!
OMG I always had a feeling you were Indian by your name but never was sure, I'm Sikh too, but I've always cut my hair and such.

Dreaming Dancer

I used to use coconut oil when i lived in india but hated the fact that it was sooo hard to wash off! maybe ill give it a shot again...

I don't seem to have that issue. But i don't put it on my scalp. I stop near the crown and focus on the ends. I kind of like it if some stays on after washing on my ends because it makes them look super moisturized and healthy. Not sure how it varies across hair types though. I have fine hair.

Dreaming Dancer

I learned to french braid my own hair laying on my back with my head over the bed so my hair could fall down... i practiced while it was wet about every day... now i can do it no problem. My hair is to my waist right now, but when i used to braid it a lot, it was mid-thigh. You can do it, girl. I also like the fishtail braid idea. I might have to try that. Maybe a side pony tail/fish braid.

Piarpreet

u have mid-thigh length??? wow mine stopped growing some time back... it doesnt go passed my buttcrack lol. nice technique to learn to frensh brain hahaha. abou the oil i only used it on ends...

I learned to french braid my own hair laying on my back with my head over the bed so my hair could fall down... i practiced while it was wet about every day... now i can do it no problem. My hair is to my waist right now, but when i used to braid it a lot, it was mid-thigh. You can do it, girl. I also like the fishtail braid idea. I might have to try that. Maybe a side pony tail/fish braid.

Dreaming Dancer

Not now, i used to have thigh length a few years ago. Right now it is layered a little and goes to my waist. I know you don't trim your hair, but i always trimmed my hair between the new moon and full moon phase, never on either day... and that is supposed to make your hair grow faster. And for me, it has worked ever since i was a kid. my hair grows about an inch per month even now.

Piarpreet

WOW I have a hard time believe in that stuff but if it worked for you that's great. Mine is so slow I really dont think it has gotten any longer since a couple of years

Dreaming Dancer

WOW I have a hard time believe in that stuff but if it worked for you that's great. Mine is so slow I really dont think it has gotten any longer since a couple of years

I was skeptical too when i first learned that years ago... but i tried it.. and i was amazed. I also experimented with other moon phases and it did appear to be true for me. Now i am not sure if by power of suggestion, maybe i was able to make my hair grow because I thought it would... I always wonder things like that. lol. Also, I think a lot of it might be genetics.

Mac-Guy

Not sure if this is the longest hair ever, but the world record seems to be close to 6 meter (240 inches): http://www.worldslongesthair.com/

You might want ask that lady for her hair routine.
girlhaha.gif

baghdad81

I have found a youtube channel, Luxyhair, where they do various organic hairstyles and show you step by step!

Latest posts