Foundation Equivalencies

Noussie

I haven't used that many yet but here they are:

Mac studio sculpt foundation : NC44
Mac select cover up concealer : NC45 (not too sure if this is working for me tho :p)
Mac mineralize skinfinish : medium dark
EDM : medium tan

Update 30-11-09

MAC blot powder : Dark
MAC studio sculpt concealer : NW35 (Way better than the nc45 one!)

joojoobss

i dont have one foundation that really matches my skin, so i mix 2 colors to try to match my skin color.

-giorgio armani luminous silk foundation- 6 (looooooove this one so much, however i have gotten lighter... and 6 is now too dark. (DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE COLOR DOWN IS ALSO AS OLIVE AS 6???)
-mac studio sculpt: mix of nc25 and nc40 (i know 25 and 40 are a big difference, however nc40 and nc30 were almost identical, however i found nc40 had more yellow compared to nc30, and they didn't nc 27)
-mac studio tech nc27
-mac mineralized satinfinish spf 15 - nc37 -wayyyyyyyy to orangy,,, (i bought it when i was darker)
-mac studio fix fluid spf 15 - nc37 - once again a little too dark, its more for summer
-smashbox high definition healthy fx foundation - medium (it was one of those promo from smashbox that came in 4 color choices.. light, medium, dark.. blah blah... not much to choose from, and obvious enough.. doesnt match very well.
-Nars balanced foundation- fiji, and Barcelona (this foundation oxidize sooo much!, it gets sooo much darker once you put it on your face)
-lancome color ideal - II-40 (w)
-makeup forever- liquid lift foundation - 31503, or is it 5?
-maybelline dream liquid mousse - 2.5
-maybelline mineral power foundation - medium 0
-clinique supermoisture makeup - 10 beige (M-N)
-laura mercier- vanilla beige
-revlon color stay - 330 natural tan
-revlon age defying - dry skin 13 golden beige
-CG tru blend- (3) 450

i went to prescriptives to get a custom blend foundation, i really liked the color it was light medium with A LOT, A LOT of pumps of olive (green) color. however i do not like the formulation, for me it doesnt blend well at all.

Wow I wonder if there are any NW47 on this board? Anyway, I'm a newbie to the board and here is what I use:

Mac Select Spf15 liquid foundation: NW47
Mac Studio Tech: NW47
Mac Mineralized Loose Foundation Powder: Deeper Dark

I love how studio tech covers and really don't need to use concealer with it but I bought this shade in the summer and I don't know if it's too dark or not in the winter. I asked an MA there and he thought it wasn't but I'm going to try another number just to be sure.

As for the mineralized loose foundation poweder I think its great for everyday, on the go, sheer coverage. They claim you can build the coverage with this, but the only way I see this possible is by layering it over top of my studio tech or select spf15 liquid foundation. I might can wet a foundation brush and then apply but I have to test it out and see for sure...

I want to try the new sculpt foundation but i heard it's not good for people with oily skin or someone that's acne prone. My skin for some reasons these days has been extra oily and my skin is extra sensitive to products with alot of oil in them. Is there anyone that has oily skin have luck with this product?

awilda429

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYAGIRL
I second this request.....

MAC NC40 in all formulations
MAC studio finish concealer NW25
MAC mineralize skin finish natural Medium Plus
MAC Bronzing powder in Matte Bronze

Mufe #128 HD

minissha

Hello,

I use the following products:

MAC Studio Fix NC44 liquid foundation See update below...
MAC Studio Fix #4 powder

I don't wear makeup on a daily basis - a total novice to makeup. I am really glad that I found this site - such a wealth of information!

5/2/09 update:

• Studio Fix NC44 looked a little golden on my skin, so I went back to MAC. The MA matched me with NW40. But, it turned a bit ashy.
    nope.gif
  • Bobbi Brown Oil-free foundation in #5 (Honey). I am unsure if this is the right color for me - a bit orange. But the pictures I took looked fine.
  • Revlon ColorStay oil-control foundation in Rich Tan and Golden Caramel. I combine the two colors. It looks good except for the oil-control part (which has not quite worked in my case).
  • MUFE HD #153 - Although the foundation seemed a bit "powdery/cakey" a first, it settled into a beautiful finish. I will buy this from Sephora soon (and keep my fingers crossed that this is the HG foundation for me).
    smiles.gif
5/18/09 update:

Heaven only knows the right foundation match for me! I've been to Sephora thrice to find a color match in MUFE HD/Mat Velvet foundations. I have noticed that many MA's try to match me to shades that are much darker than my skin tone. Then, they are in a dilemma when those shades do not work. Have other women of color experienced this too?

So...the list of department store brands I've tried but haven't found the (almost) perfect match are: SmashBox, CoverFx, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives (custom blend), Shu Umeura and Dior. I used MAC StudioFix in the past. I do not remember getting any breakouts from the foundation. So, I'll take my final trek back to MAC. If nothing pans out, I'll wait a couple of months before I try foundations again. My poor eyes and face need a break from the blinding beauty of all of those shades.
smiles.gif
My hope is still alive that I will find my HG foundation!

Any suggestions for foundation matching are appreciated.

I love this forum!

Jade09

Quote:
Originally Posted by minissha
Hello,

Few questions about equivalencies to MAC NC44:
  • Is MUFE 170 the right match for MAC NC44?
  • What is the equivalent color in MUFE F&B?
  • What are the color equivalencies in Bobbi Brown and CoverFx
Thank you for your help.

I usually fluctuate between NC42 (winter) and NC44(summer). And I would think the best best would be MUFE HD 173 (I use the 170 in the winter). Hope that helps!

BionicWoman

Quote:
Hello,

MAC Studio Fix NC44 liquid foundation
MAC Studio Fix C4 powder

I don't wear makeup on a daily basis. Recently I have had a renewed interest in learning about makeup application. I am really glad that I found this forum - such a wealth of information!

Thank you for your help.

I'm an NC44 and I wear MUFE HD Foundation in 170 Caramel
yes.gif

nichollecaren

MAC Studio Fix C7
Revlon Color Stay Caramel
Black Opal Truly Topaz
maybelline dream matte mousse toffee
Dream matte pressed powder Hazelnut (i tend to buy my powders dark)
MAC Blot Powder Deep Dark
Marykay Full coverage foundation in bronze 507 full -this is my perfect match (507 medium is a totally different shade, looks orange)
Iman clay2
Milani Spiced almond

BionicWoman

Quote:
Hello,

MAC Studio Fix NC44 liquid foundation
MAC Studio Fix C4 powder

I don't wear makeup on a daily basis. Recently I have had a renewed interest in learning about makeup application. I am really glad that I found this forum - such a wealth of information!

Thank you for your help.

...and in Bobbi Brown, I wear the foundation in "Golden"
yes.gif

moonlit

I have would be happy if I can get fdn equiv for

1)Mufe matt velvet
4)Georgio Aramani LSF
3)MUFE face and body
4)Laura mercier tinted moisturiser

I wear mac sff in NC 42 (it is a little orangish after applying it)
MUFE hd fdn in 153 mixed with FA in zero (153 is too yellowy)
RCMA shinto2
mac face and body C5
mac hyper real nc 400 (I have nc300 and can get away with NC 300 as well)
occ skin : Y3
Face Atelier : #7
Jouer Moisturising tint - golden (I have bronzed and its dark for me so I am guessing 'golden' would be correct for my skintone
Chanel Vitalumier : not sure- was matches #40 natural beige and it looks pink and rest of my body is yellow- yuck..

thanks!

vuittongirl

im nc45 but it seems to dry a little on the dark side, and nc44 is too light.
i tried estee lauder in bronze and again it was too dark.

i dont have a sephora near me and would like to try mufe HD foundation. I have to order online and think id be 170.. maybe 173.. i dont know im more yellow/olive than peachy or pink or beige.

any other nc44-nc45's use mufe hd?

MAHALO

Does anyone know which shade of BECCA powder or CARGO foundation will work for MAC NC45 - NW43?

*neerja*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYAGIRL
I second this request.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine12
somebody have equals for NC40 studio fix fluid skin color????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyshells
Anyone know any NC40 brand equivalencies?

I'm around NC40

Dior SKin Nude: 031. I was matched to a 040 but that foundation oxidizes wayyyyyyy too much at the end of the day. even then, when i first put it on, it was just a lil darker than my skin because it has neutral undertones, but it got darker and darker as the day went on. shades ending in "1" have yellow undertones. this shade was a littttttttle too light when i first put it on, but slowly turned into my almost perfect match. and so far this is the most perfect foundation i've used.

NARS Oil-free: Barcelona/St. Tropez. a NARS MUA applied barcelona on me, it was alright but not the most perfect match. i checked the shade descriptions later and the next shade darker, St. Tropez has the yellow undertones and barcelona has neutral. so i will be trying st. tropez soon.

MUFE HD Foundation: 123. i was matched to 128 by the SA but did my research and now i tried 123 which is a much better match

MUFE Mat Velvet: 55. a pretty good match. could go a TIINYYY bit lighter though *-) if they have something lighter with yellow undertones

Prescriptives Virtual Matte: Fresh Beige. a pretty good colour match.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk: 6.5. Initially matched to a 7 by the SA but i noticed its a little too dark and "pinkish/peach" and I read that 6.5 is the yellow shade so I will be trying that.

Griogio Armani Face Fabric: 03. umm pretty good colour match but a teeeeeeensy bit too pinkish/peachish.

Bare Escentuals: Medium Beige. it wasnt a good match because I'm very yellow and they only have neutral and cool undertones. so this shade was a better match from the rest but still wasnt good enough

these are so far what I can think on top of my head. When i go home, I'll update more.
So I don't know why all the SAs tend to put on foundation that is too dark. so do your own research online first and ask for shades that you think will be the closest matches. their lighting is always weird so in the stores it loooks like a good match, not when you walk out in natural light or even at home. I'm still on the quest for my HG foundation that is everything I want a foundation to be INCLUDING a GOOD MATCH! keep in mind that these shades are closer to my skintone. I have yet to find a foundation that is the PERFECT match for me.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuittongirl
im nc45 but it seems to dry a little on the dark side, and nc44 is too light.
i tried estee lauder in bronze and again it was too dark.

i dont have a sephora near me and would like to try mufe HD foundation. I have to order online and think id be 170.. maybe 173.. i dont know im more yellow/olive than peachy or pink or beige.

any other nc44-nc45's use mufe hd?

I am NC45 and the MUFE HD in 173 is a perfect match on me it is less orangey than MAC NC45 IMO..I have yellow undertones to my skin as well

User36

Update:
I also have noticed that makeup salespersons tend to match me to shades that are too dark. I was matched to NC44, but it looked too dark and orange. Studio Fix powder in NC42 is the closest match I have found, but I don't like the consistency of it or how it darkens.

-Couldn't find a match in Mary Kay.
-Revlon Colorstay in Golden Caramel and Rich Tan almost worked, but the undertone isn't yellow enough.
-For MUFE HD in #153, the undertone isn't yellow enough.

So I'm still looking.

You may or may not want to try:
1. Bobbi Brown Oil-Free Even Finish in #4.5 Warm Natural topped with Golden Orange pressed powder.
2. MAC Face and Body in C5.
3. MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC42 in combination with NC44.
4. Stila Natural Finish in, I believe, e, f, or g.

Quote:
Hello,

MAC Studio Fix NC44 liquid foundation See update below...
MAC Studio Fix #4 powder

I don't wear makeup on a daily basis - a total novice to makeup. I am really glad that I found this site - such a wealth of information!

5/2/09 update:
  • Studio Fix NC44 looked a little golden on my skin, so I went back to MAC. The MA matched me with NW40. But, it turned a bit ashy.
    nope.gif
  • Bobbi Brown Oil-free foundation in #5 (Honey). I am unsure if this is the right color for me - a bit orange. But the pictures I took looked fine.
  • Revlon ColorStay oil-control foundation in Rich Tan and Golden Caramel. I combine the two colors. It looks good except for the oil-control part (which has not quite worked in my case).
  • MUFE HD #153 - Although the foundation seemed a bit "powdery/cakey" a first, it settled into a beautiful finish. I will buy this from Sephora soon (and keep my fingers crossed that this is the HG foundation for me).
    smiles.gif
5/18/09 update:

Heaven only knows the right foundation match for me! I've been to Sephora thrice to find a color match in MUFE HD/Mat Velvet foundations. I have noticed that many MA's try to match me to shades that are much darker than my skin tone. Then, they are in a dilemma when those shades do not work. Have other women of color experienced this too?

So...the list of department store brands I've tried but haven't found the (almost) perfect match are: SmashBox, CoverFx, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives (custom blend), Shu Umeura and Dior. I used MAC StudioFix in the past. I do not remember getting any breakouts from the foundation. So, I'll take my final trek back to MAC. If nothing pans out, I'll wait a couple of months before I try foundations again. My poor eyes and face need a break from the blinding beauty of all of those shades.
smiles.gif
My hope is still alive that I will find my HG foundation!

Any suggestions for foundation matching are appreciated.

I love this forum!

Latest posts