Foundation Equivalencies

Sophisto

Im MAC NC45 and I use MUFE HD 173 as well. I agree with the poster that said it is less orangey than MAC.

Does any one know what the Mat Velvet+ would be for NC45?

AdrianUT

I have very, very yellow/golden undertones. I am almost always matched too dark for my actual shade. Every time I go to a makeup counter no matter what skintone the MUA has, they choose too dark for me. I don't even let them match me anymore I choose for myself since I do know my own skin especially since I am oily now.I know foundations are going to oxidize on me especially in the darker colors and I end up looking like an oompa loompa.

MAC Studio Stick NC45
MAC studio fix fluid NC45 is way too light and NC50 is too dark/orange
MAC studio fix powder C7
MUFE HD 170 is too light, 173 wrong undertones, 175 too red/dark :-( (How I hoped I could own this).
MUFE Mat Velvet 70
MUFE Face and Body 18 or 12 in the summer.
Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Golden
Bobbi Brown Oil free Compact in Golden
MAC Moisture Cover in NW40 (under eyes and on melasma in a pinch)
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation- Caramel
Milani Even Tone Powder foundation-Caramel
MAC Blot in Deep Dark (Will probably get one shade lighter next time)
Bobbi Brown Oil free liquid- Warm Almond (these run a little lighter but, I can't stand how it smells).
Covergirl Queen Natural Hue liquid makeup in Almond Glow (awesome match but more of a tinted moisturizer).
Revlon New Complexion Compact in Caramel (little bit too dark)
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Caramel (undertone is too neutral for me)
Maybelline Dream Matte Liquid in Caramel. Pretty good in the Fall when I'm a little lighter but, also the undertone is kind of neutral not yellow enough for me. Kind looks different from when I got it but, I could be tripping.

lady_photog

MAC NC42 in Moistureblend--orangey, not enough moisture for my skin
MAC Blot Powder Dark
Stila Illuminating 70 watts--works well for my dry skin
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup Level 4 Warm Light--new, really liking this one so far

EDIT: The prescriptives broke me the hell out, I'm not a happy camper. Very shocked by this.
UPDATE: Revlon Colorstay in Toast (Normal/Dry) Formula, currently working well for me.

makeuplover7239

Has anyone compared MUFE's Face and Body in #12 and Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation in Warm Almond(6.5)?
I got them side by side, cos I thought MUFE face and body looked lighter than the BB foundation.

I used them side by side and MUFE's is on the browner side, while BB is on the orangish side. They both look good on days where I wear it separately. Dont know if I look like my face is more tanned than my body is
ssad.gif

Any suggestions?

CookieAura

I'm around NC40 (Wear NC35 in the winter months)

MUFE Mat Velvet: 35 Vanilla

MUFE HD: 128 Almond

Clarins Truly Matte: Hazelnut

Bare Escentuals: I was matched as Golden Medium, but I thought it was too light.

Clinique Superfit: Beige

Prescriptives All Skin Mineral Makeup liquid: Level 3 Warm Light

If anyone has the color equivalent for Revlon Colorstay, let me know!

cutemiauw

I'm new to this as well, so here goes:
  • MAC Select tint SPF15: NC 44 (I know this line was discontinued
    ssad.gif
    so now I'm on the lookout for a new foundation/tinted moisturizer)
  • MAC Studio Finish Concealer: NC 45 -> too orangey
  • Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer: Golden -> less orange than NC45 but still a tad too orange. Perfect when combined with the Pale Yellow loose powder
  • MAC MSF Natural Medium Dark (perfect!)

Tried the Armani LSF, and the lady matched me with #9. Not sure yet if it's a good match. Any of you have a similar experience?
Update: got a little paler over winter, then went to Armani counter on 29.01, let the MUA put the foundation on my face. Matched with #8 and perfectly happy with it
smiles.gif
. I think I might be between #8 in winter and #9 in summer.

Also, I would like know if NARS foundation is good and if any of you could recommend a possible color for me
smiles.gif
Update: NARS doesn't have the perfect color for me. One is too light and the other is too orange
ssad.gif

Thank you in advance!

loyad

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie and this is my first post.

Estee Lauder double wear light - intensity 5
Sleek creme to powder - terracotta
Becca luminous skin - nuba
Maybelline superstay - caramel
maybelline wonder finish - caramel
MAC studio fix - NC50 (slightly too dark)

eiffadea

i hv oily t-zone and normal/dry u-zone..and find this foundation works for me..

MAC studio fix fluid NC42
EDM Medium Tan
Revlon Colorstay with Soflex combination/oily in toast

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
My skin is normal/slightly dry but gets a little drier in the Winter and I prefer light coverage ... MAC Select NW43, MAC MSF NW43, MAC MSF Natural Dark, MAC STUDIO MIST Dark, Classified Era Airbrush Foundation R8 , MAC Mineralized foundation loose Dark, Bare Minerals 4N Medium Dark.

I have been unable to find a good match in BB and a colorblind MA at Sephora color matched me to MUFE HD #177. It was much to dark for me.

This winter I got lighter with more yellow undertones so I switched to MAC Mineralized Satin NC45. EARTHEN GLOW minerals "Sherri-Lynn" Youthful Glow foundation works well too.

2ND UPDATE ... APRIL 4TH, 2009 ... After a 2 week vacation in the tropics, my skintone is has less yellow undertone and is darker. MY EG Sherri-Lynn is a little off so I shopped for foundation today. Bobbi Brown Moisure Rich foundation in warm almond 6.5 is very close. If I add a light dusting of Sherri-Lynn (lighter and more yellow than BB Warm Almond), the BB works. I like the feel of the BBB moisure Rich liquid. I had tried the tested the BB cream foundation some time ago. The Warm Almond in that formulation didn't work for me.

3RD UPDATE ... APRIL 21, 2009 .... The Bobbi Brown Moisure Rich in warm almond hasn't worked for me. The color is too rich. My tropic vacation color has faded. I like this foundation so much that I purchased Golden 6.0. It's looks much better than the Warm Almond.

BB foundation is very hit or miss for me depending on the time of year. I was matched to Warm Almond but it matches my skin only during summer. I want to try Golden, but am unsure about it based on online swatch. How much lighter is Golden IRL?

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_photog
MAC NC42 in Moistureblend--orangey, not enough moisture for my skin
MAC Blot Powder Dark
Stila Illuminating 70 watts--works well for my dry skin
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup Level 4 Warm Light--new, really liking this one so far

EDIT: The prescriptives broke me the hell out, I'm not a happy camper. Very shocked by this.
UPDATE: Revlon Colorstay in Toast (Normal/Dry) Formula, currently working well for me.

I'm shocked the Px broke you out too. My skin never looked better than when I used the All Skins mmu. I normally wear Level 4 warm medium, but want to try warm light in the winter time when my skin is lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
MUFE HD 170 is too light, 173 wrong undertones, 175 too red/dark :-( (How I hoped I could own this).

I have the same problem! I'm an NC 45. The MUA at Sephora matched me with MUFE HD 173, but when I got home, I was looking too green. I returned it for 170, but it's a little too light. So I'll set it with a light "dusting" of MAC Select Sheer Loose Powder in NC45 to warm me back up a little bit. But doing that practically defeats the purpose of using HD.

But I tried MUFE Mat-Velvet #65 and that matches me perfectly.

Also, has anyone know the NC45 equivalent for Bare Minerals by Bare Escentials? A friend said I should try it but I can't figure out how their colors work.

MAHALO

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
BB foundation is very hit or miss for me depending on the time of year. I was matched to Warm Almond but it matches my skin only during summer. I want to try Golden, but am unsure about it based on online swatch. How much lighter is Golden IRL?

Golden is a good shade/shade and half lighter than Warm Almond and the tone is different. Golden is quite yellow toned. Comparing liquid foundations, GOLDEN is just a half shade darker than MAC NC45.

hth

nattyngeorge

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC40
MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation NC37-40 (40 is more yellow)
MAC Mineralize Satinfinish NC40 (Slightly too tan/yellow, I may need NC37)
MAC Hyper Real Foundation NC400
MAC Face & Body C4
MAC Blot Powder Medium/Dark
MAC Studio Finish & Select Cover up in NW25

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Tawny

Make Up Forever HD Foundation in #128 (perfect match)
Make Up Forever Face & Body Foundation in #34
Make Up Matte Velvet Foundation in #35 or #40

Lancome Effacernes Concealer in Beige III (Neutral)

Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in 6.5

Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Foundation in Warm Natural

Palladio Wet/Dry Foundation in Cypress Beige (Slightly pink)

Temptu Airbrush 008 Honey

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisto
Im MAC NC45 and I use MUFE HD 173 as well. I agree with the poster that said it is less orangey than MAC.

Does any one know what the Mat Velvet+ would be for NC45?

I wear #70 Caramel in the Mat Velvet

TISH1124

Also let me add.....MUFE Mat Velvet+ does not work well for my skin because my skin is sooooo dry....My Mom's skin is oily and she loves it but for some reason it makes me look to shiney ...HD on the other hand looks perfect IMO...Face & Body seems way to thin....or something I need to work with it more but it is so watery or something...

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
Does anyone know which shade of BECCA powder or CARGO foundation will work for MAC NC45 - NW43?

Shade F60 might work for you.

Latest posts